Owl Killing

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Owl Killing

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 11, 2008 12:38 am

I killed an owl tonight. Hit him with my head - visor down or I'd have been spitting feathers. Can I expect retribution from some native American shamen spirit or will he realise that this was not a wise owl?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Sun May 11, 2008 3:17 am

were you on a motorbike?
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby svizzerams » Sun May 11, 2008 3:19 am

Not sure Native American Shamans have jurisdiction in the Fens.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby yorick » Sun May 11, 2008 4:47 am

You understand killing one of the queen's owls of the commonwealth can git ye locked up? Otherwise moon magic, ability to see beyond masks and shapeshifting is dominion of owls. Also go-between at worlds of darkness and light.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 11, 2008 12:04 pm

That's what I'm talkin bout!
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun May 11, 2008 12:43 pm

I would suggest getting drunk to the point of being boiled as an owl.

...or your goose will hang high.
Sri Lanky

Postby Woodsman » Sun May 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Cool.

What kind of owl is it? Did you get a police report? Can you legally keep the dead owl with a police report? - and finally, can you find a taxidermist to stuff it with the police report in hand?

Because if you could, that would be cool - assuming the owl is in good enough shape to stuff and mount.

My stepmother has a stuffed owl - or maybe two. Hers was done before birds of prey were protected by conservation laws. I'm not gung-ho about animal mounts, but that is a cool one.

Owls are so awesome. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a great horned owl feasting on a muskrat just behind my house. I see barred owls all the time, but the horned owls are a bit more shy and like to fly away when they see humans. It was cool to see it. I hear screech owls in the woods around here murmuring at times, but never have seen one.

I have seen owls shooting across the fields (and adjacent roads) at night before and certainly can understand the collision.

Of course, the owl is the harbinger of death. Luckily this time it was IT'S death...you narrowly escaped the inevitable once again by the skin of your teeth.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dunja68 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Sounds like owls turn you into the "horned woodsman"......they're a little shy at first but they're all gagging for it - really constable!
Dunja68

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 11, 2008 10:04 pm

It was a Tawny Owl. Probably this one...Oops

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/content/camden/broadway/news/story.aspx?brand=NorthLondon24&category=Newsbroadway&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsbroadway&itemid=WeED17%20Jan%202008%2012%3A23%3A52%3A013

Of course, the owl is the harbinger of death. Luckily this time it was IT'S death...you narrowly escaped the inevitable once again by the skin of your teeth.

Maybe he missed me in the dark.

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon May 12, 2008 12:04 pm

Dunja68 wrote:Sounds like owls turn you into the "horned woodsman"......they're a little shy at first but they're all gagging for it - really constable!

Nice avatar---Reminds me of the real Dracula...
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dunja68 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Fangs alot, yours reminds me of the real French

assuming the owl is in good enough shape to stuff and mount

OOOOOhh those owls...
Dunja68

Postby Woodsman » Mon May 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Have you ever seen a stuffed and mounted human?
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dunja68 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Tutankhamun
Dunja68

Postby nowonmai » Mon May 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Keanu Reeves in every film he's ever made?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Mon May 12, 2008 10:39 pm

Anyhow returning to owl symbology: among tribes owl was actually both feared and respected among tribes as representative to benevolent yet unpredictable power of darness, keeper of keys to unseen world y'all understand.

And every animal encounter includes empowerment under masonry of critter' sua sponte appearance. Level of empowerment of course is something none but you is qualified to comprehend. Above all else gotta consider yerself blessed by this encounter with owl.

Meanwhile esoteric owl symbology is best understood among western minds as identifiable to Mozart's Queen of the Night. I defy anybody to close their eyes, listen to this and not hear voice of the owl as if it was sittin on queen of darkness' shoulder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d547COAa ... re=related

For those less familiar with Mo's Die Zauberflote libretto - Q of N encouraged bloodthursty murder/assassination in her song thats popularly titled "hell boils over." In fact throughout the opera she makes appearances that suggest nothin but the darkest of left handed motives. Brilliant of Moz to provide/include at Q of N song the voice of owl bein among his finest melodies.

Nowonmai - have ye been thinkin of goin bloodthirsty ballistic and slippin a dirk into somebody lately? Death of owl crashin on yer windscreen visor also be symbolic to unwanted thoughts along these lines bein purged.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe