Defeating Democracy

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Defeating Democracy

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:10 pm

So, I have a new conspiracy theory to explain why the USA is being drawn into all these expensive, unwinnable wars. I know a lot of people like to blame Israel, while I usually blame the Bush-Saud connection. (Obviously we're not fighting terrorism, since the terrorists were not from Iraq.)

But I've been reading a lot of Chomsky lately and one of his major themes is that corporations see democracy as a serious problem, as it gives regular people power over the elite. This can potentially cut into profits and otherwise screw with their plans for global domination. For instance, when democratic countries elect leaders that are not business-friendly, such as Jacobo Arbenz or Mohammed Mossadeq, who threatened the profits of United Fruit and British Petroleum respectively, they are removed, and pro-business leaders are installed. There are several other ways of stopping governments that threaten corporate profits and power. For instance, the USA (read: Big Oil) encouraged Iraq to invade Iran (not exactly democracies, but Khomeini, and to a lesser extent Saddam, were nationalists who wanted a percentage of oil profits to be re-invested in their countries) in order to weaken both nations.

Now, Chomsky often talks about how easily the US government (not to mention the population) is manipulated by Big Business. So there'd be no reason to assassinate a leader or try to bleed the nation dry with an unwinnable war - according to Noam. But the fact remains, the USA is the largest, most powerful, oldest, and strongest democracy on the planet. Though it is usually pro-business, there will always be nationalist/populist leaders who can't be bought. This may well be seen as a problem. Because the USA is probably the only human organization on the planet (because the EU is still so fractured, and UN so impotent) with the ability to stand up to Big Business and Big Oil.

I'm not saying Obama is the guy, but clearly, there are lots of voters who want him to be.

If the USA is strong and democratic, with the potential to elect an anti-business leader, then it is in the interest of Big Business to undermine either the nation's democracy or our strength. Assassinating leaders and fixing elections is useful, but are short-term solutions. So keep in mind that the USA's strength is in our unity - United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Both democrat and republican leaders and pundits have expended a huge amount of resources in recent years to keep us divided. Though the average democrat and average republican are usually in agreement that they want the USA to be strong and healthy, we are now willing, eager, to fight about stupid things (gay marriage, for example). Even though we know that Divided We Fall. And, sure enough, we are falling.

Moreover, as history shows, the best way to undermine a nation's strength is by expending resources on a protracted, unwinnable war. Because (1) it turns the most productive workers, young men, into a drain on the tax base, a liability rather than an asset to the economy; (2) war makes people less democratic, as efficiency is more important than fairness when you are being attacked; (3) it puts the democracy into debt to non-democratic entities, such as the IMF, World Bank, China, Saudi Arabia, etc - and money is power; and (4) it drains the military, making them less capable of dealing with actual threats.

Now, if you could collapse that powerful nation's currency by printing money and fucking with interest rates, combined with an expensive war and divided populace, then it wouldn't matter who was president. Without power, money, unity, and a military, even President Noam Chomsky couldn't take on Big Oil.

"I can't believe they were stupid enough to pay for the cameras we use to spy on them *chortle*
themselves, and yet they think they should have the right to choose their own leader! We're
saving them from themselves. They'll like being a third world country, anyway, more time to
watch American Idol and eat Big Macs, or whatever those revolting poor people do.

So my new conspiracy theory is this: We the people of the United States of America are having our democracy sabotaged by Big Oil and other corporate entities, because we are the only threat to their absolute sovereignty.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: Defeating Democracy

Postby Holland » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:54 pm

Don't leave out the Federal Reserve. It dwarfs Exxon in power and the ability to be nefarious towards us dirty commoners. It could also be viewed as a sort of machete that has hacked through whatever ability to withstand corruption that there may have been in our country and blazed a trail for big business to follow. You cat really blame a company for trying to increase its wealth but the idea that we have an election to install one corporate representative or another make me seethe. Just imagine. We are actually paying an illegal income tax to a private bank.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby Holland » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:57 pm

p.s. Do try to understand that Obama is absolutely no different. If he was he would NEVER have gotten this far. I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Holland wrote:Don't leave out the Federal Reserve. It dwarfs Exxon in power and the ability to be nefarious towards us dirty commoners.

Good timing, Holland. Penta just posted an article that says the IMF, which is the neocons' stronghold and the most evil entity in the world, and I do include the Catholic Church, neo-Nazis and al-Qaeda in that statement, is going to be auditing the USA. I hate the IMF, I hate what they've done to Latin America, they'll let twenty million people die of hunger to protect their profits. And now the Federal Reserve is inviting them in with their out-of-control printing and the retarded "tax rebate," which is going to complete the collapse so we can get a couple of months of free gas. Ugh. Where are the terrorists when you need them? Oh, wait, they were working for the neocons.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37714

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 91,00.html
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby el3so » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:10 pm

Holland wrote:If he was he would NEVER have gotten this far.

quoted for truth
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Holland » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:05 am

When this whole thing is said and done the final analysis will be that we need to give more regulatory power to the world bank. Get ready for the world dollar. This is to keep people from having any other currency to run to.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:39 am

Holland wrote:When this whole thing is said and done the final analysis will be that we need to give more regulatory power to the world bank. Get ready for the world dollar. This is to keep people from having any other currency to run to.

again I ask you....when does the shooting start?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Holland » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 am

Soon. Very soon. Unfortunately, all the A-Listers will be living in Dubai and South America by that time.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 am

Holland wrote:Soon. Very soon. Unfortunately, all the A-Listers will be living in Dubai and South America by that time.

That's fine......as long as they're gathering somewhere.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Travelbug » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:30 pm

friendlyskies wrote: But the fact remains, the USA is the largest, most powerful, oldest, and strongest democracy on the planet.

largest = India

most powerful = Israel

oldest = France

strongest = Switzerland (probably the only country that deserves this otherwise empty promise "democracy")
Travelbug
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Travelbug wrote:
friendlyskies wrote: But the fact remains, the USA is the largest, most powerful, oldest, and strongest democracy on the planet.

largest = India

most powerful = Israel

oldest = France

strongest = Switzerland (probably the only country that deserves this otherwise empty promise "democracy")

Americans find it difficult to break free from their Lone Ranger concept of the world.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Holland » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Actually, I have never thought of the country as a democracy at all. We were intended to be a republic.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby HerkyMerc » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:20 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Holland wrote:When this whole thing is said and done the final analysis will be that we need to give more regulatory power to the world bank. Get ready for the world dollar. This is to keep people from having any other currency to run to.

again I ask you....when does the shooting start?
most likely before shrub is scheduled to leave office... declares martial law, and suspends the republic and all it's parts..."for the duration of the emergency"... which will quickly become permanent. Heil shrub... or else.
"what man calls civilization always results in deserts",
... the lives and times of archy and mehitabel... (1916) Don Marquis.
HerkyMerc

Postby Holland » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:36 pm

I saw today where Pakistan has green lighted the U.S. to bomb Bin Laden on their soil. That means we are gonna go ahead and produce a body. Probably his but I'm sure the blast will thaw it out. The "Al Qaida" is gonna retaliate with some other highly unlikely and east to trace to the CIA attack and then Bush will save us all by, yes, declaring MARTIAL LAW:
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Oil or Obama? I can't stick Obama in my tank, he's too tall. I vote oil.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe