*Ordered collective subconscious poll*

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Standing in my home, in which direction would you have to walk in order to step into my backyard?

North
55%
South
5%
East
23%
West
18%

Total votes : 22

Re: *Ordered collective subconscious poll*

Postby Woodsman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:31 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Fuck off big dog. Keep guessing.

OK, I'll guess it's outside.

!~WE HAVE A WINNER~!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby trueblue5x5 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:59 am

god I love this forum! makes me laugh and think all at once too!
dont lie to, disrespect or annoy a Dragon, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
trueblue5x5
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:01 pm

woodsman you peniseater wuts the answer.

or do you not even have a backyard you shitstabber.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:47 pm

South.

That way you avoid the sun and wind in the winter.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:02 pm

It is in fact, North - and although the sampling size of 19 is tiny, 52% of the 19 voters voted for North, which indeed came out as predicted.

Got a question and not sure what the answer is? Start a poll and find the answer. The majority will point you in the right direction.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 pm

I guessed north, the same direction as our b/y.

I've also been watching you.Image
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Fansy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 pm

thats just gay dude. if you want to test the esp of the subconscious you dont ask questions that can be worked out with educated guessing.

which way a house faces, for example, is not too random a thing, and with only 4 answers, at worst you can expect 25% to guess right.

if you want true shit, you have to ask shit like:

"whats the name of my neighbors dog?"

"what is my favorite letter?"

"i'm holding a leaf right now. How many times have I wiped my ass with such leaves in the last 30 years?"

"what make and model is/was my mom's car?"

shit thats more random, has at least 10 possible answers, and that can't be worked out as well as your original question.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Woodsman wrote:It is in fact, North - and although the sampling size of 19 is tiny, 52% of the 19 voters voted for North, which indeed came out as predicted.

Got a question and not sure what the answer is? Start a poll and find the answer. The majority will point you in the right direction.

By that logic, the "Ask the audience" lifeline on "Who Wants to be a Millionare" would never fail.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Fansy wrote:thats just gay dude. if you want to test the esp of the subconscious you dont ask questions that can be worked out with educated guessing.

which way a house faces, for example, is not too random a thing, and with only 4 answers, at worst you can expect 25% to guess right.

if you want true shit, you have to ask shit like:

"whats the name of my neighbors dog?"

"what is my favorite letter?"

"i'm holding a leaf right now. How many times have I wiped my ass with such leaves in the last 30 years?"

"what make and model is/was my mom's car?"

shit thats more random, has at least 10 possible answers, and that can't be worked out as well as your original question.

If you knew a fucking thing you would realize that it is an extremely random question. Michigan is a rectangular coordinate survey system state. That means there are (mostly) square townships, square sections and square subsections with roads running E-W and N-S nearly every mile. If you surveyed the homes in the state of MI, you will find an almost equal number of houses with N, S, E, and W facing backyards, since there are opportunities to build in any direction and by far the majority of homes are positioned in such a fashion as to face the main road they are accessed from.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:24 pm

LechoZX wrote:
Woodsman wrote:It is in fact, North - and although the sampling size of 19 is tiny, 52% of the 19 voters voted for North, which indeed came out as predicted.

By that logic, the "Ask the audience" lifeline on "Who Wants to be a Millionare" would never fail.

No, because probability can fail, its just that we would not expect it to.

For example, I would not expect you to go out and win an average state lottery by purchasing a ticket, since there is a very low probability that you would be able to win, but you still have the chance against all odds...which is why people buy them.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Woodsman wrote:If you knew a fucking thing you would realize that it is an extremely random question. Michigan is a rectangular coordinate survey system state. That means there are (mostly) square townships, square sections and square subsections with roads running E-W and N-S nearly every mile. If you surveyed the homes in the state of MI, you will find an almost equal number of houses with N, S, E, and W facing backyards, since there are opportunities to build in any direction and by far the majority of homes are positioned in such a fashion as to face the main road they are accessed from.

so even if this bullshit explanation you pulled out of your ass were true, you still only have 4 answers. That's 1 in 4 chance. That's not random for shit.

Make a question with 10 answers and about something that is random as shit and which no man can accurately derandomize in order to make an educated guess.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:22 pm

You buy lottery tickets?.....fucking peasant.
Sri Lanky

Previous

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe