Strange dream or a visit from the dead.

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Strange dream or a visit from the dead.

Postby Devlin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I want to share this with you guys and girls and see what you think.

The night before last, I was woken from a dream and I want to kick it around.

In the dream, I was sitting in a patrol car in a parking lot. A black Lexus pulled up along side me, drivers side to drivers side. Driving the Lexus was a friend of mine who took his life last year. We spoke for only a few seconds. I said something like, hey what's up. He responded with something like, how are you doing. I said I was good. He then responded with something like, I am good, real good, I am ok. He then drove off and I woke up from the dream.

Now the day I had this dream, I had sat in the car guarding a parking lot and the night before that I ended up searching a new black Lexus 430, so I know where that came into my head. Was this a strange dream or is my dead friend trying to tell me that he is doing alright in his new world.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: Strange dream or a visit from the dead.

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:47 pm

A strange dream. There's no way he'll have reached management level that quickly.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:22 am

Only dead people I ever saw in dreams were acquaintances. Them appearing alive doesn't scare/confuse me in the dreams either, I know full well that they are dead and buried.
Bit more spooky when it happens while awake, usually in a crowd setting, passing glimpses and all that. I blame that on people looking familiar and try not to worry too much about it. 's Been a while since it last happened.
FWIW none of these should-be corpses ever point fingers at me ;-)

Kinda doubt that mate of yours is trying to say anything other than what you want him to say, StPete.
I for one hope there is no afterlife.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby nowonmai » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:41 pm

I saw a dead guy in a pub once. Turned out his death had been confused with someone elses, I'd had him shelved as dead for several years and to see him large as life in the pub was quite surreal. Especially for him as he had no idea so many people thought he was dead.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:16 pm

nowonmai wrote:

I saw a dead guy in a pub once. Turned out his death had been confused with someone elses, I'd had him shelved as dead for several years and to see him large as life in the pub was quite surreal. Especially for him as he had no idea so many people thought he was dead.

Now that is a good story. Image if he owed you some money. Sometimes it is good to let others think that you are dead and gone.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm

nowonmai wrote:

"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Kurt » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:17 am

I had one once where dead people I did not know were tormenting me (by trying to scare the shit out of me) and in my dream I broke down and said "Why are you doing this to me? What did I do to you?" and they said "because we are bored"

I then woke up, and wrote down "The dead are bored" in the back of a Unix administration book and went back to sleep.

Kinda gave me chills when I read it two weeks later after I had forgotten the dream.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 pm

It means you are getting in touch with your own subtle being. The metaphysical is manifesting itself in your dreams. Watch for physical signs...these too are very subtle. You are a manifestation of a living, breathing universe.....from the beginning. It loves you very much.

We don't really die....that's the message.
Sri Lanky

join ussss...

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 pm

Sri Lanky wrote: We don't really die... that's the message.

Hey that might be true if real life were like http://www.urbandead.com/
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Caliban » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Devlin wrote:I want to share this with you guys and girls and see what you think.

The night before last, I was woken from a dream and I want to kick it around.

In the dream, I was sitting in a patrol car in a parking lot. A black Lexus pulled up along side me, drivers side to drivers side. Driving the Lexus was a friend of mine who took his life last year. We spoke for only a few seconds. I said something like, hey what's up. He responded with something like, how are you doing. I said I was good. He then responded with something like, I am good, real good, I am ok. He then drove off and I woke up from the dream.

Now the day I had this dream, I had sat in the car guarding a parking lot and the night before that I ended up searching a new black Lexus 430, so I know where that came into my head. Was this a strange dream or is my dead friend trying to tell me that he is doing alright in his new world.

"Only the dark, dark night shows to our eyes the stars."

oh, and don't eat cheese just before bed.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

studies show: thread necromancy easier than embedding vids

Postby el3so » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 pm

On wednesday 19th of October I dreamed of an old man - plz stop sniggering - who asked me "if I knew what happens on November 10th".
Not "what will happen", "what happens". But in Dutch of course.
I tried to pay it not too much mind plus I would not have written it down if I would not have known I would forget it in the first place left to my own meager mental devices but still...

Reason I remember is I wrote it in my phone. It has buttons.
An actual date - tsss-boom - set in the future seemed kinda ominous in a dream. In mine that is. To me.

I slept in late so I mostly missed the Trump thing and I have lost my appetite for political coverage so yeah, I figured the date out a little late but basically: closure, right?

Thing is I am quite sure PE Trump will not succeed where Y2k and Mayan 2012 and every other media hype before or after that have failed.

So that message from the dream even if all of it was real, it still didn't affect me other than what I imagined might or might not happen.

Next time, if there is a next time, I hope the old man asks me something more worthwhile. I am rooting for "if I know when <certain lottery numbers> are going to drop".
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:47 am

First 30 or so days in a row of not (who TF am I kidding) daily smoking in 20+ years, yeah, the dreams, they don't come back but kinda float to the surface more.

Didn't substitute the dope with booze, easy choice what with enough (mighty tasty) ethanol in the house to kill a rugby team or five, perfectly socially acceptable here but drinking alone seems kind of sad. I did mix alcohol up with opiates twice, seeing how every locked-down day is pretty much the same as the other, you gotta live a little. But fwiw the hang-over is worse and I was never much into downers. Excellent for pain relief (which I don't need) but bad for my vibe, guess I don't have much of an addictive personality.

I recognize the dreams are composed mostly of memories and movies/other images, all jumbled up, flavored with moods and such. Images of women I know to have passed on in their prime or now all grown up with kids but being stuck in that age of time when we were (or weren't) together, long dead dudes still giving off the same vibes from back in the day, most of it without words, no advice or messages, no boners neither, more like companions. Some apocalyptic stuff, I made my peace a while ago.
The one guy that hasn't shown up (yet) happened to take his own life, dwell on him IRL/awake more than any of the others, guess life is funny like that...

Haven't seen any deceased people while not asleep in a long long time, that used to tilt me more than (most) nightmares ever did, easy to dismiss intellectually, not as easy to shake off. Frissons/deja vu sh!t, all went away. Maybe I am just coming to grips with growing older and subconsciously thinking about what was or could have been. Always wake up feeling relief even when soaked in sweat.
Seems to me like I should give that DMT a try, meet those machine elves, see how them fückers roll.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe