The Oil Spill Conspiracy Theories Are Piling Up

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Re: The Oil Spill Conspiracy Theories Are Piling Up

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Well, I honestly don't know about the true roots of democracy and secularism in Central America, other than that they're pretty shallow. But if anyone has an idea about how to sift out unusual stock market movement vis-a-vis the Polish plane crash, that would be a fun way for me to avoid looking for more work. Because I am sooooo loving unemployment.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Caliban » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Because I am sooooo loving unemployment.

Im quite looking forward to it in eight months.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:30 am

So, no TFHC people know how to look for irregular stock market fluctuations prior to the Katyn Crash? I'll do the work, I just need some pointers. Anyway, here's some video of gunshots at the site of the crash, where all the passengers died on impact: http://globalconspiracytheories.com/for ... lish-plane

Andrei Mendierej, the amateur filmmaker from Smolensk who shot this film is now dead.

He was stabbed near Kijow, and transported in critical condition to the hospital in Kijow.

There three unidentified individuals unplugged him from life support system and stabbed him three more times.

Andrei was pronounced dead that afternoon.

Russian government claims it was a coincidence.

Then the deputy head of the Polish Church was killed in a car accident returning home from funeral ceremonies for President Lech Kaczynski.

Back to the Gulf, apparently BP is telling US and Mexican private citizens that we aren't allowed to take photos of the oil spill? Well, isn't that special. This guy went anyway: http://theinternettoday.net/videos/man- ... ing-video/

It's a ten-minute video, and focuses mainly on things like dying dolphins and whales, which is disturbing enough. But the thing that got me... do any of you military types know where the Navy and Coast Guard are? The USA and Mexico both have ships and people, paid for by thir taxpayers, to protect our interests, right? So where are they? The US military, after 20 years of war for oil, doesn't have any resources for dealing with... oil? Or any interest in learning? And last week I saw US Coast Guard transport planes at Oliver North's old airport in Liberia, Costa Rica... what the fuck were they doing down here, in planes we paid for, rather than, oh I don't know, guarding the US Coast? And what about Mexico? They've got a navy, too, right? The spill affects their taxpayers, too. Why isn't they helping out?

And BP isn't even focusing their own considerable resources on the spill. They're drilling more wells: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/06/ ... 23451.html

Anyway, to recap: BP is making "laws" to restrict the movement of US private citizens. At least some of the US Coast Guard is in Costa Rica, not guarding the US coast. The US and Mexican Navies are not protecting taxpayers from a grave threat to our homes. BP is putting resources into drilling more wells instead of cleaning up this one. And elsewhere, someone pointed out that Obama refused help from other countries until this week, WTFF. In the video, the narrator points out that ships capable of drilling relief wells, and in position to do so, are not doing anything.

WTF. I'm just farting around when I talk about God and The Beast and the oil industry using Nazi blood rituals to summon DARPA's transdimensional pyramid creatures so they can take full power... but then, what's the rational, logical explanation? They're all just a bunch of lazy fuckups? Why aren't they living in their mom's basements and smoking weed before their 7-11 night shifts, then?

So, I've started looking for more Satanic references in the news, in addition to blood rituals. Do you all remember that the "top secret" military satellite launch all the misinformants were posting around the Internets last year (http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0905/26milspace/)? That was so weird... no one ever pays attention to military launches, yet that one (top secret, lol) was all over the web; on this forum, I think it was even posted by a member of the US military. Kind of hilarious if it's supposed to be a US military secret. Anyway, that sort of deliberate dissemination of information immediately struck me as unusual, and NASA has always been intertwined with Nazis. So I checked it out again. And noticed that they code-named it "PAN," which is of course another commonly used alias for Satan. Why?

The PAN designation is likely a meaningless term used simply so the mission can be called something that will not give away its identity during integration with the launcher. The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) has used phony mission designations for years at the Cape.

MmmmmKay. Transdimensional pyramid DARPA/Nazi demons is looking more and more likely. Hmph.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:46 am

Oh wait... never mind about the guy who filmed the Polish plane crash getting stabbed to death. He lived lol. That's why I need to figure out the stock market thing!!!

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 pm

I abandoned the stock market years ago,cashed in my blue chips,and went for a ride into the wild blue yonder. I do not care about the market god anymore. The Satanic references point towards the deliberate separation of spirit from the material by the States black operations to impose fear and oppression in order to maintain the status quo of the elite. There are those who would contrive to keep us from the Tree of Knowledge.

The Great Crash of 2025 or thereabouts approaches when China finally stops buying US debt.

"they placed the tree of their life in the midst of paradise
the root of this tree is bitter,and its branches are deadly
its shadow is hate and deception is in its leaves;
and its blossom is the ointment of evil,
and the desire is its seed,and its sprouts darkness"

so...is now the time for
intellectual heroes?
or do we trade in our wit for
a check with more zeroes?
Sri Lanky

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:31 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I abandoned the stock market years ago,cashed in my blue chips,and went for a ride into the wild blue yonder. I do not care about the market god anymore.

Dude. I don't play the stock market either, I spend my extra money on weed and travel. I'm just hoping that one of our financially savvy BFC members (johnnyfishfinger? buzzsaw?) might be interested in helping me find evidence that traders knew the Katyn Crash was going to happen. In order to link it to 9/11, the AIG collapse, etc, it's important to find stock movements related to Goldman-Sachs, the UAE, and/or short-sell attacks through hedge funds.

For instance, Kaczynski refused to waive Gazprom's US$410 million debt despite some agreement between the Polish and Russian government, but Tusk honored it three days after the pro-US team was killed April 10. So [I'm just pulling this out of my ass] maybe there would have been speculators dumping Gazprom, perhaps even short-sell attacks by anonymous traders through the UAE or creepy hedge funds, right before the Katyn crash. While at the same time, Goldman-Sachs was buying up all their undervalued stocks. Because they knew, thanks to Peter Sutherland's transdimensional Nazi/Darpa pyramid demons, that Kaczynski would soon be out of the way. But I wouldn't even know where to begin checking out that kind of raggedy-ass hypothesis! Someone might, though.

Anyway, I got to thinking. Obviously DARPA is in on the transdimensional pyramid critters, that's their logo. But what about Russia? Are there any pyramid symbols that they've started using recently, particularly flying, one-eyed pyramids shooting rays at Earth? OH MY FUCK WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT. Dated to December 9, 2009:

Yes, why yes indeed, it's the DARPA mascot flying over Moscow!!1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuanP2P41_I

OH. And I also double checked the PAN launch. And I made a mistake. There was another top-secret launch that was all over the Internets, too, the one that was posted here, by Peanut, who is some kind of regular, known troll, right? Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49614&p=482758&hilit=secret+nasa+launch#p482758

This one doesn't have a Satanic name or anything, it's just called X-37B. But look at the launch date - April 22, 2010. And like PAN, it was widely hyped all over the Internets despite its "top secret" status. ANYHOoooooo....

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:59 am

Well, I'll just keep posting stuff, maybe someone is entertained.

So, I tried to figure out if Gazprom was doing anything weird prior to the Katyn Crash, but I'm just not an economics genius. Maybe someone can make something of this:

First, I guess Gazprom has always used something called "indexing" to fix energy prices, but a couple of months before the crash, switched to market pricing. That doesn't sound very sinister, but all the oil blogs were in a tizzy about it: http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2010/02 ... contracts/

Also, on April 22, 2010, they inked a deal with Sempra Energy to deliver gas to their Lake Charles Terminal on the Gulf of Mexico. Which is interesting considering the date, and the fact that apparently the Gulf began farting up way too much gas a couple of days earlier lol: http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 152059.htm

Sempra, btw, was the company accused of manipulating California's energy access back in 2000/2001, which led to the rolling blackouts that ultimately undermined the administration of CA Governor Grey Davis, replacing him with a professional actor married to a Kennedy.

Anyway, back to the oil spill, my friend just posted the motherload on FB! I'm feeling a little inadequate now, but here it is:

http://shtf411.com/bp-illusion-of-a-fal ... 2a5ec69e6c

Here's an edited version of the original post, written on a cheesy conspiracy site by a new member who the mods apparently had never seen before.

The 'disaster' in the Gulf of Mexico is beyond a false flag; it's an illusion.... I cannot reveal my sources, they do go straight to the top...The Government, corporations, and the people behind them have pulled out all the stops to insure the truth doesn't come out. They are the reason why the beaches have private security contractors, insuring no one is able to gain access to the oil on shore. They are the reason the Gulf of Mexico is a no fly zone. They are the reason why the gulf states are being locked down by military. They are the reason why the well head you see is different in many videos that BP releases. Without this measure of control the illusion would fail....

The large oil spills washing up on the shores are not from BP Deep Horizon. They are indeed from surrounding wells, that were already leaking by design. These wells can be verified through a simple online search. You'll notice that much of the oil is actually in the form of tar. Usually tar balls; sizes of these have reached 2000+ pounds.

From the start, BP, Haliburton, and co-conspirators knew where they were drilling. Using specific equipment, such as the German ship RV Sonne, they had detailed maps of the ocean bottom. The ship, and a specific college study from 2005, in the Gulf of Mexico, are your starting points to what's really happening in the gulf. Here's a link to what the study synopses http://geology.about.com/cs/volcanology/a/aa051604a.htm

What BP, Haliburton, and other co-conspirators intentionally drilled into was an Asphalt Volcano. Sounds scary doesn't it? It really is not. In fact, after you read the above link you'll know that the Gulf of Mexico is literally coated in oil, tar, and methane hydrate at the bottom.... BP, Haliburton, and other co-conspirators drilled intentionally into the 'mid side' of this particular asphalt volcano. Basically from what I understand, it is a soda bottle effect. If they had drilled into the top of the volcano, then all the gas would rise out, and explode as would bottled carbonated liquid. The effect of drilling into the side permits a safely controlled release of gas, tar, liquified asphalt, and other related gases....

The Asphalt volcano was a win win situation for this false flag: as it presented the best illusion to all outside parties. Not only do the conspirators need to fool the general public, but also the oil industry, and scientific community. The public is easy to fool, but the latter two groups take a little more effort; this is the main reason why the Gulf is being isolated by security contractors, and military....watching the videos, or live feeds looks horrible, and very ominous, but upon closer examination the tell tale signs of what it really is shows through, what you are actually viewing is a man made(well bore) large "Black Smoker"....several of the live feeds have been proven to be tampered footage, or faked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Den9CoYb0OHs

...We've all seen the videos of beaches not lined so much with oil, but with tar balls of varying sizes. Also, we've all noticed BP's overall lack of concern for cleanup. We've seen booms which aren't tied together. We've heard first hand account of staged clean ups on the beaches. As soon as a press conference, or media event is done BP stops work. The reason is simple, it's not that they don't care, but that they already know what's gonna happen. The oil will start naturally being cleaned up via decomposition, oil eating organisms, and falling to the already naturally tar covered bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

...corexit9500, and other dispersant's are not needed. They are purposely being sprayed by Evergreen Air/CIA to cull the population along the Gulf Coast.... These are the populations living on welfare(in this area dominated by African Americans), and the older population living on Social Security(mainly Florida). These people are going to start dropping like flies over the next few years, and greatly reduce the burden to government coffers.... Anyone who has family anywhere near where they are spraying these chemicals need to alert their family to leave; they are the target of this false flag.... we all are the target on the grand scale. The target by way of the coming carbon tax, cap, and trade.

Anyway, I'm going to split this into two posts, since my stupid Internet is going in and out, and besides, no one else is reading this thread except Sri and I doubt you'll mind lol.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby coldharvest » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey, I read everything here.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks, coldharvest! I do appreciate it.

Anyway, the thread above ended up being just a wealth of links and fun, which you all might enjoy exploring in greater detail if you are also unemployed and have no life. Here are some of my personal favorite highlights, however, if you aren't as bored as I am.

OK, first, you all have probably already seen that Obama has suspended the First Ammendment, and free-market workers like Anderson *swoon* Cooper are being blocked from their Constitutional right to cover the oil spill by soldiers and PMCs that their own tax dollars pay for, just like the Founding Fathers would have wanted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXsmLMV1CrM

Here's a guy who just wanted to hire a private plane to go look at the oil, but was told it was a no-fly zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DnhVwVG497CQ

That conspiracy site has a member called Optisoft, or Nicholas Defauw, who has been taking pics of the Gulf Coast and posting them to his website, http://www.collective-thought.org/

Optisoft has been down all along the Gulf Coast. He's been covering the story from the front lines. He has first hand visual evidence. Something I asked him about were scientists on the beach... He said during his time in Pensacola, and Grand Isle, he saw no scientists, or even students from Universities studying anything. Why are there no scientists???

Here are some of the pics:

I was expecting to drop my camera and start helping wildlife, but… Lo and behold, the beach was oil-slick free. We walked upon the beach and noticed tons of birds and dolphins and an orange oil boom stretching as far as you can see down the beach. The boom was about halfway from the coastline to the road, running along the beach. As we approached this boom to get clear shots of the dolphins that were just off shore, a Sheriff pulled up on a 4-wheeler. He would not speak on camera, but he did open up to me off-record once I mentioned "We The People". Below is what he told me:

1) The entire state was up in arms as to why NOTHING was done to prevent the slick from hitting shore. Once it hit, it sat for days, then BP began to act.
2) The news is bullshit, don't listen to it, any of it.
3) The oil is moving east, not west
4) The oil is coming to shore in giant waves, then none for a while
5) If the oil breaches the barrier islands and reaches the swamps and canals then LA is devastated economically as most of the economy relies on fishing, drilling, and processing the fish and oil. Many residents rely on fish for part of their diet - it’s a poor state.
6) If get within 50 feet or so of the ocean then you have to go through decontamination. They are calling the beach a red zone.

... The entrance to the bridge had an SUV cop with his lights on, parked in the middle of the bridge. I pulled right up to him and said, "what, I can't go through?", he said "nope". I asked why and he said "short answer, because I told you so, long answer, talk to the operations center a few miles down another road. I said, "uh, Free Press? 1st Amendment?" He cared not. 2 more police came from the other side of the bridge, sporting blue lights on their 4-wheelers. I said fuck it and headed over to the operations center.

When I got to the operations center, a large group of Coast Guard was having a little get together under the center "homes are on stilts there". They were actually pretty cool. I explained what I was doing and wanting to know why I could not go across the bridge, which was public property. I asked if this was martial law. They arranged for me to speak with the public relations coordinator. Thanks Guards!

The coordinator explained to me that the land on the other side of the bridge, albeit massive and containing an entire port, was owned by two familes. Those 2 familes had made arrangements with BP and the state police to keep "researchers" and "press" off their land; however, to honor free press and 1st amendment, twice a day the select press would be escorted by police to a specific location where they could photograph and not explore. In essence, he said "your not going to see anything". They refused National Wildlife Federation access to this special press police escort - only a few press agencies were permitted....

http://www.wkrg.com/gulf_oil_spill/arti ... 0_8-46-pm/

OK, what's an asphalt volcano?

I think it is more likely that they were drilling looking for supercritical water, which is found in tar volcanoes. . . at least "theorized." They applications for the oil refining industry, nuclear power and even recycling plastics would be enormous....From what I understand, it is water which is neither a liquid or a gas, due to extreme pressures and temperatures. It acts as a solvent, dissolving petroleum and distributing it through the water, as opposed to normal water where the oil separates and floats to the top. It can be used to break down plastics. It is also used in nuclear applications, and I BELIEVE it has to do something with cooling.

My best guess is that if you discovered a way to break down plastics into some reusable form, you'd be rich beyond even the super rich of today.... Likely, this is being funded by our military which is now the ruling body of our nation. They have an immense need for power, supercritical water would provide much of that. That's why there is so much military in the area and so much secrecy around this. They weren't really looking for oil as much as they were looking for something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphalt_volcano
http://geology.about.com/cs/volcanology/a/aa051604a.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercritical_fluid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercriti ... _oxidation

OK, what's this Corexit stuff they're spraying all over the place? Well, actually, the government and private industry refuses to say. It's banned in the EU, though. Anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corexit (I know, I know, but there are lots of links and stuff):

Corexit[1] is a product line of solvents primarily used as a dispersant for breaking up oil slicks. It is produced by Nalco Holding Company which is associated with BP and Exxon.[2] Corexit is the most-used dispersant in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, with COREXIT 9527 having been replaced by COREXIT 9500 after the former was deemed too toxic.[3] Oil that would normally rise to the surface of the water is broken up by the dispersant into small globules that can then remain suspended in the water, potentially forming underwater plumes of oil.[4]

Nalco is just a freaking cornucopia of conspiracy fun, too - it's original name was National Aluminate (moar like National Illuminate, amirite?), it was founded right before the Great Depression and grew throughout those tough times, it's associated with Monsanto, the Blackstone Group (OMG Rothschilds!) and that Peter Sutherland guy, etc. Oh, and every drop they spray makes money for BP and Goldman Sachs. But what was that they were spraying again?

Corexit 9527
The proprietary composition is not public, but the manufacturer's own safety data sheet on Corexit EC9527A says the main components are 2-butoxyethanol and a proprietary organic sulfonate with a small concentration of propylene glycol.[14][15]

[edit]Corexit 9500
In response to public pressure, the EPA and Nalco released the list of the six ingredients in Corexit 9500, revealing constituents including sorbitan, butanedioic acid, and petroleum distillates.[3] Corexit EC9500A is mainly comprised of hydrotreated light petroleum distillates, propylene glycol and a proprietary organic sulfonate.[16] Environmentalists also pressured Nalco to reveal to the public what concentrations of each chemical are in the product; Nalco considers that information to be a trade secret, but has shared it with the EPA.[17] Propylene glycol is a chemical commonly used as a solvent or moisturizer in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, and is of relatively low toxicity. An organic sulfonate (or organic sulfonic acid salt) is a synthetic chemical detergent, that acts as a surfactant to emulsify oil and allow its dispersion into water. The identity of the sulfonate used in both forms of Corexit was disclosed to the EPA in June 2010, as dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.[18]

[edit]Toxicity

The relative toxicity of Corexit and other dispersants are difficult to determine due to a scarcity of scientific data.[3] The manufacturer's safety data sheet states "No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product," and later concludes "The potential human hazard is: Low."[19] According to the manufacturer's website, workers applying Corexit should wear breathing protection and work in a ventilated area.[20] Compared with 12 other dispersants listed by the EPA, Corexit 9500 and 9527 are either similarly toxic or 10 to 20 times more toxic.[7] In another preliminary EPA study of eight different dispersants, Corexit 9500 was found to be less toxic to some marine life than other dispersants and to break down within weeks, rather than settling to the bottom of the ocean or collecting in the water.[21] None of the eight products tested are "without toxicity", according to an EPA administrator, and the ecological effect of mixing the dispersants with oil is unknown, as is the toxicity of the breakdown products of the dispersant.[21]
Corexit 9527, considered by the EPA to be an acute health hazard, is stated by its manufacturer to be potentially harmful to red blood cells, the kidneys and the liver, and may irritate eyes and skin.[22][13] The chemical 2-butoxyethanol, found in Corexit 9527, was identified as having caused lasting health problems in workers involved in the cleanup of the Exxon Valdez oil spill.[23] According to the Alaska Community Action on Toxics, the use of Corexit during the Exxon Valdez oil spill caused people "respiratory, nervous system, liver, kidney and blood disorders".[15] Like 9527, 9500 can cause hemolysis (rupture of blood cells) and may also cause internal bleeding.[4]

Well, I guess that's enough bullshit for now. But does anyone know what kind of plane this is?

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:29 pm

OH. Sorry, just one more and I'll go back to my mom's basement. Florida Senator George LeMieux (GOP) told Obama that he needed to put more of the USA's 2000 professional oil skimmers on the job - there were 32 working at the outset of the spill, but this was cut to 20 as the spill intensified. WTF. LeMieux is also bitching that Obama hasn't accepted 21 offers of aid from 17 foreign countries, and that Admiral Allen guy who Anderson Cooper is all annoyed with was lying to him, too. And those rat bastards told him that they couldn't send more oil skimmers to the Gulf of Mexico, because there might be an oil spill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaP5xV6CFNg

Anyway, this fits in with the conspiracy theory pretty neatly - Obama and BP are hiring shrimpers and fishing boats skim the oil, rather than people who are experts in oil spills, because it's a fucking conspiracy!!!11!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVENTYMILLIONANDONE!

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby coldharvest » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 pm

But does anyone know what kind of plane this is?

DC 3
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby flipflop » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:42 pm

It must be all cleared up now that it's not in the news eh?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Oh, I can't believe I missed this top quality Satanic reference related to the the oil spill and cleanup! The week prior to the blowout, the company that's responsible for keeping Gulf beaches safe from Anderson Cooper, DyneCorp, was bought out by Cerberus. Cerberus, of course, is the three-headed dog that is the gatekeeper to Hell.

Why wouldn't you want your company associated with the first demon spirits see when they get to hell?

They're just a conspiracy theory mess, too, even without the Satan worshiping and acquisition of DynCorp. Dan Quayle is one of their top muckity mucks, Donald Rumsfeld was a client, John W. Snow was chairman, etc. The company also bought and bankrupted Chrysler, with its own famously Satanic symbol and links to Nazi-associated company Dahmler, and one of the partners, J. Ezra Merkin, operated one of the feeder funds (Gabriel) for Bernard Madoff. Despite those smart investments, they've magically managed to go from a US$100 million dollar company in 1992 to a US$23 billion company today. It's based at Cape Canaveral, with NASA/Nazi associations, and has Goldman Sachs as its financial advisor. They also own IAE Corp, which used to be part of Halliburton; and GeoEYE, which spies on people from space and is associated with the NSA. Man, I can't wait to get some more work.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 ... ate1-.html

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 pm

This is from that mysterious post on the conspiracy theory site http://shtf411.com/bp-illusion-of-a-fal ... t7065.html

Forebiddenknowledge wrote:

The side effects of this scam are negligible; in the eyes of the perpetrators, they've done nature a favor. They've opened up an asphalt volcano from the side, and will shut it down in the next few months by equalizing the pressure. The equalization of pressure will come by way of the two relief wells; which are not wells, but vents. when they do this, I have no clue what excuse they'll use, but the current gusher will stop. I said stop, it will not slow down, but literally stop. Remember, all they have done is aided nature in something that is a very common, and naturally occurring event at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 am

Huh. The biggest environmental disaster in US history, and they can't find the oil? Hmph.

BP Oil Spill: Clean-Up Crews Can't Find Crude in the Gulf
As Size of Slick Shrinks, Experts Say Oil is Breaking Up, Staying Below Surface

195 comments By JEFFREY KOFMAN
BURAS, La. July 26, 2010
PrintRSSFONT SIZE:SHARE:EmailTwitterFacebookMore
For 86 days, oil spewed into the Gulf of Mexico from BP's damaged well, dumping some 200 million gallons of crude into sensitive ecosystems. BP and the federal government have amassed an army to clean the oil up, but there's one problem -- they're having trouble finding it.

The leak is capped and the spill appears to be shrinking, but where is it going?
Watch 'World News' for the latest coverage on the Gulf oil spill.

At its peak last month, the oil slick was the size of Kansas, but it has been rapidly shrinking, now down to the size of New Hampshire.

Today, ABC News surveyed a marsh area and found none, and even on a flight out to the rig site Sunday with the Coast Guard, there was no oil to be seen.

"That oil is somewhere. It didn't just disappear," said Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser.

Salvador Cepriano is one of the men searching for crude. Cepriano, a shrimper, has been laying out boom with his boat, but he's found that there's no oil to catch.

"I think it is underneath the water. It's in between the bottom and the top of the water," Cepriano said.

Even the federal government admits that locating the oil has become a problem.

"It is becoming a very elusive bunch of oil for us to find," said National Incident Cmdr. Thad Allen.

Skimmers Pick Up Less Oil
The numbers don't lie: two weeks ago, skimmers picked up about 25,000 barrels of oily water. Last Thursday, they gathered just 200 barrels.

Still, it doesn't mean that all the oil that gushed for weeks is gone. Thousands of small oil patches remain below the surface, but experts say an astonishing amount has disappeared, reabsorbed into the environment.

"[It's] mother nature doing her job," said Ed Overton, a professor of environmental studies at Louisiana State University.

The light crude began to deteriorate the moment it escaped at high pressure, and then it was zapped with dispersants to speed the process along. The oil that did make it to the ocean's surface was broken up by 88-degree water, baked by 100-degree sun, eaten by microbes, and whipped apart by wind and waves.

Related
WATCH: Where Is Gulf Oil Going?WATCH: Oil Still Leaks From Gulf Oil WellWATCH: Oil and Water Don't Mix; Valdez and the Gulf
Experts stress that even though there's less and less oil as time goes on, there's still plenty around the spill site. And in the long term, no one knows what the impact of those hundreds of millions of gallons will be, deep in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe