What the fuck just happened in Libya? Conspiracies pleeze.

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Re: What the fuck just happened in Libya? Conspiracies pleez

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Do you smell a culling?
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:44 am

Has anyone actually seen any of the alledged fighting in Libya?
All I've seen is a bunch of queerly dressed al-Qaeda types standing around doing fuck all except fire their weapons into the air or sitting in ridiculous technicals waiting to do something.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby The Tourist » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 pm

coldharvest wrote:Has anyone actually seen any of the alledged fighting in Libya?

I'm not sure that the daily or the specific engagements are the important thing there. What I do feel is important is that this is happening all over the region. I sense a major shift in "mindset."

For example, several years ago a major truck assembly plant closed in my area, a city not far from my home. It was viewed as unforunate, but it slipped from the news after a week.

The real shift in thinking is when numerous similar closings started to pop up all over the United States. Then people got unnerved and we suddenly had a "national issue."

I think the same ripple effect is operating here. If one guy on a camel gets shot not many people here give a rip. In fact, I don't know many people who know (or care) enough about geography to place just what countries go where on a map. To most folks it's all "the middle-east." A shoot-out on a dusty road in Libya is about the same as a protest in downtown Jerusalem.

When there are shootings all over the place and gasoline rose in price, then people began to notice.
The Tourist
You are the weakest link – Goodbye

Postby coldharvest » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 pm

The Tourist wrote:
coldharvest wrote:Has anyone actually seen any of the alledged fighting in Libya?

I'm not sure that the daily or the specific engagements are the important thing there

You're not sure if they're actually fighting is important?
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Despite the much vaunted powers of our brave journalists the fact is that the vast majority of war takes place unseen except by those doing it. That said, I think there has been an awful lot more strutting tham fighting. Between the two of them the Gaddafi regime and the rebels could barely organise a piss up in a brewery.

Still, we'll get about 50% of the real story over the next decade or so.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Tourist » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:25 am

coldharvest wrote:You're not sure if they're actually fighting is important?

No, I'm not. Having little brown or little yellow people die doesn't mean crap to Americans. My fellow students during the Vietnam War weren't really protesting for peace in that region, they were protesting the idea that they themselves would have to die for it. When the draft ended--and despite Pol Pot's killing--the campus was quiet here.

In times now, most of the folks here were angered over gas costing more than 4 dollars per gallon. You could have nuked the entire middle-east and as long as gas was two bucks no one would have cared. You have to remember that most Americans believe that anyone in a turban is "responsible" for 9/11 and should be killed anyway.

And frankly, I don't follow this issue, myself. Today I rode my Harley, and premium cost 3.93 per gallon in my area. I was more concerned with gas spiking again in price, not Libya falling, or some lame jihad or whether Quaddafi was alive or dead. I cannot care about every square inch of the world, and people are distressed within the sight of my home. I don't have to go looking for strife on the other side of the world.
The Tourist

Postby coldharvest » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:30 am

The Tourist wrote:
coldharvest wrote:You're not sure if they're actually fighting is important?

No, I'm not. Having little brown or little yellow people die doesn't mean crap to Americans. My fellow students during the Vietnam War weren't really protesting for peace in that region, they were protesting the idea that they themselves would have to die for it. When the draft ended--and despite Pol Pot's killing--the campus was quiet here.

In times now, most of the folks here were angered over gas costing more than 4 dollars per gallon. You could have nuked the entire middle-east and as long as gas was two bucks no one would have cared. You have to remember that most Americans believe that anyone in a turban is "responsible" for 9/11 and should be killed anyway.

And frankly, I don't follow this issue, myself. Today I rode my Harley, and premium cost 3.93 per gallon in my area. I was more concerned with gas spiking again in price, not Libya falling, or some lame jihad or whether Quaddafi was alive or dead. I cannot care about every square inch of the world, and people are distressed within the sight of my home. I don't have to go looking for strife on the other side of the world.

You're missing my point.
I believe that the fighting in Libya is mostly make-believe, that the West is being tricked and played for a sucker.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 pm

Ah yes...the 6 faces of the Arab. There are brown people and then there are fucking brown people.
Sri Lanky

Postby nowonmai » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

coldharvest wrote:You're missing my point.
I believe that the fighting in Libya is mostly make-believe, that the West is being tricked and played for a sucker.

That would require a high degree of organization and also assumes that no one from the west is on the ground. Both of those seem unlikely.

I still go for the armed football violence approach. Lots of show and noise, a rush and a push and the land that we stand on is ours (Smiths lyrics again). 98% are brave only up to the point that they see the guy on their left slip away.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:14 pm

You know I'm being facetious about skin colour but is cowardice one of the 6 faces of the Arab? Is this why Ga-daffy employed the Tuareg?
Sri Lanky

Postby lok8 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 pm

and also assumes that no one from the west is on the ground.

Cause we're the most honest people right? Western people are payed very very well for skill and discretion, not to mention that home team allegiance. My vote would be for something in the middle.Our big green zone here in the states is not exactly renowned for truth in reporting. Fer chrisake this thing has been going on for six months and if you take the reporting at face value every man woman and child in the country should have been raped, pig stuck, gutted, drawn and quartered by now.
Stay behind. don't follow.
lok8
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Tourist » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:00 am

coldharvest wrote:You're missing my point. I believe that the fighting in Libya is mostly make-believe, that the West is being tricked and played for a sucker.

We're actually closer than you think. Whether the fighting is real, faked, a true hunt for Quadaffi or a blind take over of foreign oil fields I could care less. Now matter the ideology or the location in the world these guys are supposed to be adults.

If they dominate each other under a yoke of tyranny, bang each other's wives, bang each other or just solve my problem by becoming a suicide bomber, who cares?

My Harley runs on the oil of free countries, my Harley runs on the oil of self-destructive despots, my Harley runs on the oil of countries we take by force. For my entire lifetime I've been told that dictators are killing everyone, a jihad is "just around the corner," I'm not politically correct enough, or my leaders are liars. I no longer care.

If they all die--by any means--it will be easy for Exxon to roll in and take everything, and I won't have to listen to the belly aching.
The Tourist

Postby Ultra Swain » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:19 am

The Tourist wrote:My Harley runs on the oil of free countries, my Harley runs on the oil of self-destructive despots, my Harley runs on the oil of countries we take by force.

Ah another epic sentiment to print on truckers caps and XXL t-shirts and placed in the pantheon of deep thinkers, over the beef jerky and pina colada air fresheners at the AM/PM in Tempe, Arizona.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby lok8 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:46 am

http://afro.com/sections/news/national/ ... ryID=72369

Former U.S. Congressman Walter Fauntroy, who recently returned from a self-sanctioned peace mission to Libya, said he went into hiding for about a month in Libya after witnessing horrifying events in Libya's bloody civil war -- a war that Fauntroy claims is backed by European forces.

Fauntroy's sudden disappearance prompted rumors and news reports that he had been killed.

In an interview inside his Northwest D.C. home last week, the noted civil rights leader, told the Afro that he watched French and Danish troops storm small villages late at night beheading, maiming and killing rebels and loyalists to show them who was in control.

So ya got that for what its worth.
Stay behind. don't follow.
lok8
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Tourist » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 am

Ultra Swain wrote:Ah another epic sentiment to print on truckers caps and XXL t-shirts and placed in the pantheon of deep thinkers, over the beef jerky and pina colada air fresheners at the AM/PM in Tempe, Arizona.

Now you're missing my point.

If these guys cared about themselves, their religion or their fellow citizens then I would, too. But when I watch decades of the worst inhumanity to man, which continues through regime after regime, it seems pointless to be the only sap who cares.

It's about time that they show me just why I should care. My guess is that they won't. They will continue their own tribal infighting, and fifty years from now our grandchildren will be in some sort of future "social network" lamenting that ever more camel drivers blew themselves up over some diety no one has ever heard of.

In the meantime, my Harley needs fuel and lubrication. Why should I go without?
The Tourist

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe