Why I ditched Buddhism

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Re: Why I ditched Buddhism

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 pm

I'd love to see a bunch of Hazaras blow up Mt. Rushmore...I'd love it! I know they are in N.America because one of them drove me to the airport in a cab.
Sri Lanky

Postby el3so » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Maybe you ditched Buddhism, maybe Buddhism ditched you.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 pm

..and the sound of the <<<<<<GONG>>>>>> reverberates forever.

Maybe Buddhism ditched Buddhism,maybe you ditched you,maybe the ditch ditched the ditch.
Have you ever hit the ditch?
I did...on New Year's Eve 27 years ago.
I plowed a Ford LTD,after drinking and taking pills ( anti-reality pills),into a ditch...snow exploded everywhere.
The next day it was dragged out by a tractor. It was minus 35 and the wheels wouldn't turn.
It was frozen cock-solid.
...wasn't long before I was ditched by my bitch. It was her car.

Ironically she was Flemish.
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 am

Very good article. If the Asians are so smart, how come China and SE Asia is such a shithole? The only place that's kind of got its shit together is Japan and they put Octupi on their heads.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:13 am

[quote="Sri Lanky"
I plowed a Ford LTD,after drinking and taking pills ( anti-reality pills),into a ditch...snow exploded everywhere.[/quote]
Been there, done that. But it's always such a hoot.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Have you ever hit the ditch?
Woke up hung-over with a shredded shirt and empty pockets. Guess I was lucky it was a dry summer's night.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Sri Lanky

Postby bearanddragon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 am

My favorite quote regarding religion:

atheiests are the world's most religious people
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 pm

zen predates zen
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm

True and true.
True spirituality doesn't advertise. Religion does and atheists are some of their biggest marketeers.

The Westerner has a relatively dense vehicle who can make nothing of the subtler vibrations...though some can. Buddhism is not necessarily the best system for the Westerner. To penetrate the denseness in order to stimulate the higher aspects of consciousness the Westerner needs something (a path) that will enable a more readily concentration. Such as perhaps the Qabalah. The reality of a reclusive life is not for the Westerner and too many delve into eastern mysticism simply to escape life.

It is easier for the Westerner to use symbols because it is difficult to throw yourself into abstract mind. A symbol can be a medium and connect the concrete mind to the abstract however. Thus the cross and the pentagram.

Science has made the grave error of throwing the baby out with the bathwater believing that all evolution is only on the physical plane.

Exoteric religion has made the opposite mistake believing that life can work out it's evolution regardless of physical laws.

The Westener is a confused mass of anxiety and depression. Escape becomes the sole purpose of the path and combine this with substance abuse and pathologies abound. I went through this. Others here have to or are still in it. This is where we are as a civilization.

So,ditching Buddhism isn't a slight on Buddhism. It is simply not for the average Westerner. Remember,Buddhism has it's roots in the esoteric teachings of Hinduism. What Buddhism is to Hinduism....Chrstianity is to the esoteric teachings of the Qabalah.

This is simply discussion not advertisement of Judaism. You find what works for you. It's all good.
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:07 am

bearanddragon wrote:My favorite quote regarding religion:

atheiests are the world's most religious people

In this culture we are immersed in religious propaganda. Being an atheist is like living in a whacko dictatorship ala DPRK or the PRC where most everyone seems to "drink the Kool Aid" and you're the one saying "these people are batshit". Thankfully in this country people don't get locked into deep dark holes for speaking their minds.
It's well and good to believe in fairy tales, but when you have people refusing medical care for their children and letting them die or locking themselves into polygamist compounds, it gets to be about more than being a squeeky wheel.
This just reminded me of a good joke:

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:33 pm

When troubles come
you save
what you can save

but there are chains
that can make you
love like a slave
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 am

Son, you're batshit.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:46 am

Sri Lanky wrote:True and true.
....It's all good.

I discovered this buddhism thing in catholic school. whodathunkit?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:52 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dNM-oVNYe0[/youtube]

The first show I tried to get into was a Dayglow abortions gig at CBGB's !!! I was under age and that nasty lady at the door would not let me in.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe