My first experience with Ayahuasca

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

My first experience with Ayahuasca

Postby stjedi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:28 pm

I recently had my first experience with Ayahuasca. It was a very healing experience and the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Here is my story.

http://infinitetangents.wordpress.com
stjedi
mach

Re: My first experience with Ayahuasca

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:54 pm

...never took the stuff but what I find amazing is how,in what normally takes decades,can be compressed into days by this plant.
I would have liked to have experienced the plant but I'm too old now. I can relate to a few of the experiences described...they happened while in some kind of altered state.
Sri Lanky

Postby Woodsman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Awesome. I sometime hope to get down there and visit the outer space in my inner space.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Moments of clarity often come from the subconscious...wish I had more of those.
The most frequent vision I get is in that zone between sleep and wakefulness....or maybe in deep sleep. I don't know but they generally happen when I'm sober. I don't have control over it though a few times I've asked or I've said to myself that I'm ready and something happens. It's an old woman. A friend of mine says it's what some describe as the Mother Mary. The Beatles sing a song about it. Maybe it's something from the collective subconscious. The last time I had this vision was about 2 months ago or so. This time she said,"It happens when you fall apart"...and she looked older than ever.

This has been going on for almost a decade now...since I've noticed anyways. The inner world is an interesting place. I'm starting to believe that there is no difference between the inner and outer.
Sri Lanky

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Does this have anything to do with shooting a machine gun on Peyote?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIylwth99Wg
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Blasphemy! Infidel!
Never speak in jest of peyote or ayahuasca lest the Leopard People hunt you down and disembowel your many minds.
Sri Lanky

Postby ktrout » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Wikipedia says Peyote is endangered. We must go forward with full force to save this critical species.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 pm

ktrout wrote:Wikipedia says Peyote is endangered. We must go forward with full force to save this critical species.

I wonder if the CA DNR would give you a permit to grow controlled and/or endangered specimens for the purpose of increasing the populations?

Heck, Californians are probably paying $2mil a year in taxes because someone else already has that grant, or if not...hmmm....

[Note: I did look for them down in South Texas without any luck a few years back. I suspect you're gonna have to get down into Mexico pretty far to find any, and with good luck as well - or hire the help of a Mexican wildlife biologist or botanist, etc. - they are indeed endangered in the U.S. - people have a tendency to over harvest that sorta plant].

Thankfully, there are several plants that make up Ayahuasca, and none of them (to my knowledge) are endangered. From what I understand, the stuff will make you meet God, the Devil and forms of life and/or/or not existentialism that your conscious is not even aware of.

In other words, its valuable medicine.

Ayahuasca - nature's way of psyche adjustment [allegedly].
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 am

Sri Lanky wrote:Blasphemy! Infidel!
Never speak in jest of peyote or ayahuasca lest the Leopard People hunt you down and disembowel your many minds.

I thought it was the Jaguar People?
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:14 am

Woodsman wrote:
ktrout wrote:Wikipedia says Peyote is endangered. We must go forward with full force to save this critical species.

I wonder if the CA DNR would give you a permit to grow controlled and/or endangered specimens for the purpose of increasing the populations?

A little Googling indicates that members of the Native American Church are given a pass on Peyote. We pale faces, are not. This makes for quite a triangle of government meddling with the DEA, religious political correctness, and the Endangered Species Act involved. I think it's exhibit #1306 of why drug enforcement is completely bullshit.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:18 am

I actually kind of wonder if this plant would be endangered if it weren't for its prohibition. If it were more freely available on the open market people wouldn't go around decimating natural populations to get it. This is the sort of thing that causes short circuits in my brain.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:14 pm

If we had REAL technology, we'd build a time machine to find out.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:32 pm

It's best to rely on your own juices anyways. You yourself are the only real technology you will ever need. Any real shaman will tell you that. There is a book called The Life of a Sioux Medicine Man. The best of them are the ones who have had the hardest lives and who have had their experimentation with substances but in the end rely on themselves. The rest are looking for an easier way out in the form of escape or by getting you to give them your money.

An awesome read: http://www.amazon.ca/Lame-Deer_Seeker-V ... 0671215353

Notice the "dp" after Medicine in the URL.

I found this by "accident" at someone's house. What first struck me was the face of this man...it's both compassionate yet strong.
Sri Lanky

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:It's best to rely on your own juices anyways.

In all reality, I couldn't agree more with you more.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:24 am

This post is a "publicity spam" of some guy trying to get hits to his blog. But I skimmed it and decided to move it here anyway.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe