Navelgazing Sorceress

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Navelgazing Sorceress

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 am

Sri Lanky

Re: Navelgazing Sorceress

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm

I still can't comprehend the Kardashian phenomena. I can feel it! To be sure. I've noticed Kim et al for years online and finally watched the show, and was embarrassed to find myself transfixed and entertained. By nothing. The weasely husband was trying to start his own business and seemed a tad coked out, and the mom/manager was mildly angry at the girls for attending a red-carpet event without charging for it. Not exactly Tolstoy, or even Grisham, as far as plot lines. But I didn't want to turn it off.

I just don't get it. They're pretty, but other than Kim, not spectacularly beautiful - and besides, women like them as much or more than men. They seem like nice, clever people, but none of them is particularly interesting or accomplished, except maybe Bruce Jenner, and that was a long time ago. Their circumstances are unusual, but the thing about being in the 1% is that there are 30 million other USAmericans living amidst more or less the same level of privilege and access.

What is it? That image isn't a particularly flattering photo (maybe it's not photoshopped?) but it is inexplicably interesting. I love Barbara Kruger, but do most people even get that reference? Anyway, weird. I've noticed that a lot of new (to me) US cultural obsessions are political right now - Occupy, the Tea Party, the election cycle, arguably some reality TV as a study of interpersonal politics (The Apprentice, Survivor, any dating show). Others, like the obsessions with cooking and home improvement shows, seem designed to provide reassuring comfort in a time of socioeconomic turbulence. Where does the Kardashian phenomena fit in?

Barbara Kruger rules.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Yes,she is a manifestation. The turbulence--the overcoming of one set of forces by another--causes the balance to dip into manifestation. This has occured over aeons--again and again.

Relative stillness must always overbalance and fly out into a new phase of evolution...because the Cosmos is built of movement. Movement generates movement.

In our collective subconscious she may represent the central stillness....like our sun. This central stillness grows as evolution proceeds. Thus she does not need to speak or entertain...she just is. On our plane of existence she is that.

This may not make much sense.

Cut off your influences and you can move freely.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

The effect she has on people is amazing.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00055979.html
Sri Lanky

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe