Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Dinosaur hunting in the Heart of Darkness

Postby flipflop » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 am

Stoatin'

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=226074

New expedition to seek out Mokele Mbembe

Posted on Tuesday, 24 April, 2012

Stephen McCullah is leading an expedition to the jungles of Africa in search of a living dinosaur.

Naming their trip the "Newmac Expedition" McCullah and his colleagues are hoping to discover a plethora of new flora and fauna as they search for evidence of the legendary creature along the Congo river. A fundraising campaign with a goal of $27,000 has been initiated to secure funds for the trip which is scheduled to begin on June 26th.

"We are in the process of looking at live methods for capture of large animals," said McCullah. "We will be attempting to bring a tranquilizer rifle, but there are many issues and unknowns we will have to overcome to subdue an animal like Mokèlé-mbèmbé with a tranquilizer gun."

A young Missouri man has turned to the Internet in search of investors for his expedition into the remote jungles of Africa seeking to document undiscovered flora and fauna. That is not so unusual, but one of the creatures he hopes to find is: a living dinosaur.
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Re: Dinosaur hunting in the Heart of Darkness

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:16 am

"We will be attempting to bring a tranquilizer rifle"
That must be one big ass rifle...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 am

HockeyGuy wrote:"We will be attempting to bring a tranquilizer rifle"
That must be one big ass rifle...

I'd also love to know how they've worked out what to tranquilize a dinosaur with....and where I can get some for recreational use.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby gnaruki » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:01 am

They're copying vice from awhile back.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 am

gnaruki wrote:They're copying vice from awhile back.

...and they copied cryptozoologists from the 70's
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby gnaruki » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:14 am

Hey, man....spare for money for my spirit journey?

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:20 am

coldharvest wrote:
gnaruki wrote:They're copying vice from awhile back.

...and they copied cryptozoologists from the 70's

Is it tax deductible and can i have a news letter and how much do i have to pay them to wear a stupid t-shirt.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 pm

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Wed May 09, 2012 10:34 pm

They made it with nearly two days to spare. I'll try an remember to post some electric-chair interprtations of their travels.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat May 12, 2012 4:43 am

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 pm

gnaruki wrote:They made it with nearly two days to spare. I'll try an remember to post some electric-chair interprtations of their travels.

electric-chair interpretations? i must have been drinking.

*stair-chair
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Would these chaps be the remnants of the Kony2012 fund raisers, after a night of smoking the green, come up with a way to use their already purchased air tickets to central Africa?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby gnaruki » Mon May 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Caliban wrote:Would these chaps be the remnants of the Kony2012 fund raisers, after a night of smoking the green, come up with a way to use their already purchased air tickets to central Africa?

I don't think so. What sold me on pitching in a couple of bucks is that at least they have some related experience. If they have crossed through swamps and such in the Southern US central Africa shouldn't be too difficult to adapt to. I'm sure they will at least put in a good effort and get a ways into the heart of Africa. I had never supported a kickstarter project until this one but so many of them are abysmal failures. Apparently they will send me newsletters via e-mail for giving them $10. Should be interesting.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Wed May 16, 2012 7:43 am

I better get some corncob ready. I'm really waiting for them to lose all their fundage in 'national park development fees' or something. From what I've read they can handle the roughing it aspect but I don't know about their people skills.

Project Update #7: We made it!

Posted by Stephen McCullah

We made it over the mark! We're going to the Congo!

We just wanted to thank everyone for backing the expedition. We believe we'll be able to make some big strides with these resources. We've also gotten a lot of questions as you can imagine, and we wanted to answer some of the most frequent ones publicly to address anything you may be curious about:

Question: You mentioned a form for getting my address and info sent to you guys. I haven't seen it in my inbox. Have you sent it?

Answer: No we haven't sent it out yet. We'll be sending that out tomorrow when we hit the deadline. That way we won't miss anyone or have to resend it.

Question: I pledged $25 or more before you sent out the offer to receive the journal for upgrading. Will I still receive the journal?

Answer: Yes you will. Anyone who pledged $25-$10,000 will receive the Journal.

Question: I've always wanted to name my own species but I don't have a company I need to promote. Would you guys be able to offer a more affordable option for complete naming rights if you didn't have to promote anything?

Answer: Selling naming rights to corporations (for as much as $600,000 a piece) as we discover new species is how we will be funding our next expeditions. We can however offer a select few people the opportunity to buy those rights ahead of time to give us a financial boost on this trip. We're offering that opportunity as of now to two individuals for a pledge of $3500 or more.

Question: I was brought here by sourcefed and I see that their video brought quite a few other backers to your site. Why aren't you guys teaming up with them to get another video made?

Answer: We are actually in the process of discussing the possibility of a sponsorship with them. We are big fans and would love to promote their videos. I'll keep you all updated on this situation.

Hopefully this helped to answer some of the questions you might have had. If you have any additional questions you would like to address please email me at Stephenmccullah@yahoo.com or the team at newmacexpedition@gmail.com and we'll respond ASAP.

Much thanks,

Stephen McCullah

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Wed May 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Are they Nigerians ?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe