Poll: What will go awry in the upcoming US elections?

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Who will win the upcoming US elections?

Romney will win, fair and square.
No votes
Obama will win, fair and square.
50%
The Republican scheme to pass voter ID laws just months before the elections will disenfranchise enough Obama voters to guarantee Romney a win in swing states like Pennsylvania, but the scandal taint the Romney Administration for the next four years.
13%
ACORN will successfully hack into the voting machines to guarantee Obama a win in the swing states, but it will taint the Obama Administration for the next four years.
No votes
The Ohio voting machines recently purchased by Tagg Romney will mysteriously show Romney winning, despite exit polls suggesting an Obama landslide. Right-wing pundits will point out that Ohio exit polls are notably unreliable, citing the 2004 elections as precedent.
No votes
An Obama win will be followed by civil war and calls for secession by disgruntled voters, and used as an excuse to implement marshal law, cementing the USA's descent into a full-blown police state.
No votes
A Romney win will be followed by riots and looting by disgruntled voters, and used as an excuse to implement marshal law, cementing the USA's descent into a full-blown police state.
No votes
Either way, the Military-Industrial Complex, bankers, New World Order, and Illuminati win, this dog-and-pony show is such bullshit and I can't believe you people are falling for it.
25%
I'm voting for a third party candidate so I can feel morally superior no matter who wins!
No votes
Is the USA still having that fucking election? Will you people get it overwith and shut up already?
13%

Total votes : 8

Poll: What will go awry in the upcoming US elections?

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

It's almost election time in one of the world's most problematic first-world countries for elections, and it's already getting weird.

Exhibit A:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8[/youtube]
"Voter ID Law, which will allow Governor Romney to win - DONE."

This one particularly annoys me, because I almost got disenfranchised myself! I don't own a car, so I've never gotten a Georgia drivers license - I still had my Tennessee license, which is valid and good as ID for everything else. Plus, I have a birth certificate (long form), a passport (valid), social security card, and other forms of ID. You'd think I'd be able to vote, right?

Wrong!

I checked, because Sarah Silverman suggested it in her amusing video about voter ID (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRW5qoraTw), and actually, those ID do NOT allow me to vote. I can use the passport, if I have a public utilities bill with my new address on it. Which I don't, because I just moved into my new husband's house and the bills are still in his name. Oh, and get this - if I'd changed my name when I got married, and wanted to use my passport w/ bills, that wouldn't have worked, either. So, I have to get a hold of a legal car (my husband's has a light malfunctioning and my sister's has a problem with the hood), and get a new driver's license this week. Yay! Of course, that's to vote in Georgia, where my POTUS vote doesn't count anyway because of the bullshit electoral college. But I digress.

It's a conspiracy.

Exhibit B:

Speaking of the bullshit electoral college, this year that apparently means that Ohio will once again decide the election. And, who owns the voting machines? Tagg Fucking Romney and a subsidiary of Bain Capital. Seriously, folks. This is the kind of crap that doesn't even happen in Venezuela, but here in the USA it's just capitalism at work.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2 ... s-concern/

Tony Tamer, H.I.G.’s founder, turns out to be a major bundler for the Mitt Romney campaign, along with three other directors of H.I.G. who are also big-time money raisers for Romney. Indeed, as fate would have it, two of those directors—Douglas Berman and Brian Schwartz— were actually in attendance at the now infamous “47 percent” fundraiser in Boca Raton, Florida... H.I.G. is the 11th largest of all the contributors to the Romney effort....Solamere Capital—the investment firm run by Mitt Romney’s son, Tagg, and the home of money put into the closely held firm by Tagg’s uncle Scott, mother Anne and, of course, the dad who might just be the next President of the United States—depending upon how the vote count turns out, in our little tale, in the State of Ohio—have shared business interests with H.I.G. either directly or via Solamere Advisors which is owned, in part, by Solamere Capital, including a reported investment in H.I.G. by either Solamere Capital or Solamere Advisors.

Tagg, by the way, is the son that said, after the second POTUS debate, that he'd like to punch Obama. Not Josh Romney, the one made famous in this .gif:

Exhibit C: OK, one for the Romney Camp

Obviously, since I get more left-wing press than right, I'm missing out on some important conspiracy theories from the other side. In the interest of balance, here's one that Pelón posted on Facebook today. I'm sure there are better ones, feel free to include them on this thread.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/21/cbs-n ... z29zidtm00

Basically, a graphic came up on an Arizona news program saying that Obama had won the election with 43% of the vote. (Apparently a lot of people went with third-party candidates in that alternate reality.) Or something. Whatever.

Anyway, this is the USA, so you know there are going to be all sorts of voter irregularities. Any predictions? Perhaps interestingly, the astrologers are also predicting a contested election, perhaps going all the way to the Supreme Court, with most saying Obama will come out on top. Or maybe that's not interesting. Anyway, I just figured there would be a lot of conspiracies floating around for the next few weeks.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns[/youtube]
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: Poll: What will go awry in the upcoming US elections?

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Alright. Obama wins fair and square and here's the numbers:

O wins the popular vote with 51.0 - 51.5 % of the vote and wins the electoral vote...with 9 - 13 more votes than Romney.

It's true. The institutions of democracy are now being devised to nullify democracy itself. This has been goin on in all Western parts of the world. Witness the slow dissolution of the EU.

We have been brought to believe that democracy must be nullified in order to save the economy.

WE ARE FUCKED....either way.
Sri Lanky

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:We have been brought to believe that democracy must be nullified in order to save the economy.

Haha the Chicago School of Economics! No joke, you're absolutely correct, but I still think it's hilarious when people quote Milton Friedman about freedom on Facebook. It's always one of my blue-collarish Tea Party-ish friends, never someone who actually belongs to the class for whom Friedman wanted freedom.

And it's like, "You are familiar with the Pinochet Dictatorship and Chile's "Economic Miracle," correct? No, of course not, that would require watching something other than reruns of "24" and Dinesh Souza movies. They saw the Friedman quote, perhaps attributed to Saint Reagan, then just cut and pasted it.... they've got no idea at what cost comes pure market freedom. You want to criticize the President of a place with pure market freedom? Oh, enjoy your bulk emails of Obama with watermelon and fried chicken that say "Don't Renig in 2012," kids. If you do ever get what you wish for, then it'll be off to Villa Grimaldi with you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thq-WysYcZc[/youtube]

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Well.... I didn't include Hurricane Sandy on my poll. Reddit did.

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comm ... ast_coast/

Hear say about the East Coast
submitted 23 days ago by listensilent
About 2 weeks ago my mom called me to see if I had a bug out plan, which is interesting because we have never talked about anything like this. We have discussed politics, religion and various other issues, but nothing along the lines of "What do we do if the shit hits the fan?"
Her reasoning behind this is that her best friend of 37 years called her and said that her daughter and son-in-law were called into a private meeting on base regarding a probable evacuation scenario of the East Coast. (Son-in-law is in the Special Forces, apparently high up. I think the base was Ft. McPhearson in Georgia).
From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice.
That is about all I have. This does come from someone I trust, and someone who trusts her daughter and son-in-law. I don't see any reason for them to make it up or freak out over a routine or drill. From what my moms friend says the military does not do these types of drills without warning everyone that it is just a drill. She has been married to a military man for 20 years.
On a seperate note, one of my best friends brother who is in the Special Forces went AWOL about 2 weeks ago. Went home to see his family in Texas then disappeared.
So that's about it. Has anyone heard anything along these lines? I have read that the east coast is in for one hell of a winter, but that's all I have heard.
Thoughts?

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe