God and not God

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

God and not God

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 am

Science says God can not be proven,
Science says we may live in a multi-verse,
surely Science should allow for a universe in which God exists?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Re: God and not God

Postby St John Smythe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am

St John Smythe
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:48 am

Only an Brit would think God is an Englishman.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 pm

I always thought Clapton was a bit of a bellend.

That's quite nice backwards by the way: dogtondnadog. Straight outta dogtondnadog...

As for the matter in hand, I'm quite happy with not knowing.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:09 pm

I have a friend back home...a former Los Brovos...who had coffee with Clapton a few years back. That would make for an interesting title for a short story.

Coffee with Clapton, God, not God, and not 'not God'.
Sri Lanky

Postby nowonmai » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Stop going on about Clapton. Some fucking elderly guitarist.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 am

When I was 12 I was bunking off school once and me and some mates were watching a video of Woodstock in someone's front room as his Ma was out at work. Jimi Hendrix was playing 'The Star Spangled Banner" and my mate B goes "Don't you think Jimi Hendrix looks like a darkie from the distance?". I would still rib the cunt about this today if I ever saw him, but I don't as I'm being awesome in Afghanistan and he's somewhere else being a lot less awesome.

Calling that cock juggler wsduncanbinns to the thread ;-)

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:37 pm

I didn't know they had electricity then in Northern Ireland. Sure it wasn't a shadow puppet show?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:06 am

Speaking of Hendrix, I was friends with Tuli Kupferberg of the Fugs (one of the funniest guys I have ever met). Tuli had this way of almost being really famous but was too much of a slacker to pull it off. He once told Allen Ginsburg to write a really long poem about everyone he knew and he did..it became Howl and Tuli was featured as a guy who jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge and lived. (but Tuli jumped off the Manhattan Bridge and lived...which I think was just Tuli BSing a very gullible Ginsberg but he may have been BSing a still gullible me too). Anyway, he met Hendrix when Hendrix was playing with the Isley Brothers and living in Isley Mother's basement (he took trips to Manhattan) and Hendrix once opened for the Fugs, so they often hung out.

So I asked him what Hendrix was like and Tuli said that all that stuff about Hendrix doing drugs by drinking his bandana sweat was stuff he and Ed Sanders made up. He pointed out that bandanas soak up sweat and any acid contained in the sweat would not be lickable really. He also said Hendrix was always the most mature and sober person in the room. He sometimes smoked pot but he never partied like the rest of them did and he was always the one who wanted music to be more serious and Tuli was always the guy who wanted music to be less serious (he admitted that Hendrix was right and he was wrong). But one thing he mentioned was that Hendrix suffered horrible jet lag and insomnia and he could not stand not being able to sleep. So he thinks that is what caused him to take ludes and choke on his own vomit in the UK.

Also he said that Janis Joplin had the most atrocious smelling lady-garden that one could imagine. (considering Tuli had about the worst breath of anyone I find this to be staggering) and booze turned her into a near rapist, so often a night of young hippies looking to get laid would really end up being a group of young hippies hiding from Janis Joplin's crotch. Apparently there was a BS book written years ago supposedly by Joplin's lesbian lover who claimed that Hendrix raped her, but she really was not so much a Lesbian as drunk with bad hygiene and most like it would have been Joplin who had attempted to rape Hendrix but Hendrix would have been too sober and been able to fight her off. (or hide...like the rest of them did)

His stories about Leonard Cohen were funny too. Apparently Cohen was the kind of guy who would start a rumor about himself being great in bed, and it would spread around and soon he would be having sex with women who were way out of his league, but never for very long. I wondered if he had done the same thing for his own music as well.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ktrout » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:15 am

Have you ever had a chance to read the label on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Hemp Soap? That guy was even more batshit than Sri Lanky.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Anyone hear from kilroy lately?
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 am

yep
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am

Not since his restraining order came into force.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 pm

coldharvest wrote:Science says God can not be proven,

science allows the possibility of God in this very universe. i think the correct way to phrase the question is "surely Science should allow for a universe in which God can be proven to exist?"
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Fansy wrote:
coldharvest wrote:Science says God can not be proven,

science allows the possibility of God in this very universe. i think the correct way to phrase the question is "surely Science should allow for a universe in which God can be proven to exist?"

Yes
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe