Martial Law in Boston: The New Normal?

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Re: Martial Law in Boston: The New Normal?

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm

nowonmai wrote:1. You nutters always seem to have a problem with thinking your way into the shoes of people who actually have to make decisions and be held accountable for them.

So, what would you have done after:

a. the perps had been identified then;

b. the perps killed a cop and had a firefight with the cops, leaving one perp on the loose.

You wouldn't have locked down the city with every single security guy you can lay your hands on? Really?

2. They weren't claymores, not even close. Your friend is called Walter Mitty?

3. They were terrorists inspired by extremist strains of Islam. Not a scary word. A fact. Uncomfortable one for you of course but much more important that you just get back to complaining about security budgets and the people who strive to protect your ungrateful, worthless arses.

Fair points all. The claymore thing is complete nonsense, even I know what a claymore blast looks like and I am some kind of communist. Locking down the city, which seems like a bit of an overstatement of what actually happened. Like FS said you weren't going to get locked up if found strolling the streets but you might get questioned and probably lectured in a undecipherable Boston accent. Plus when it was over all the NWO cops packed it in and went home. The only "conspiracy" I see is more DHS money getting poured into hi-tech boondoggles. A defense contractors dream of solutions looking for problems.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm

I saw the claymore statement and lumped that in with the people who believe that the gubmint dropped a JDAM on the Texas fertilizer factory that blew up, because they've "heard what a JDAM sounds like".

Maybe the M-18a1 claymore produces a dirty explosion ..... because it is usually detonated in the dirt? Just sayin'

Black powder also makes a lot of smoke.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:45 am

Ultra Swain wrote:
nowonmai wrote:1. You nutters always seem to have a problem with thinking your way into the shoes of people who actually have to make decisions and be held accountable for them.

So, what would you have done after:

a. the perps had been identified then;

b. the perps killed a cop and had a firefight with the cops, leaving one perp on the loose.

You wouldn't have locked down the city with every single security guy you can lay your hands on? Really?
Fuck no! No need for the fear to chase down one bad guy, not really different than any other bad guy that gets chased down for similarly bad choices. It was overkill & anyone with half a fucking mind knows this was overkill.

2. They weren't claymores, not even close. Your friend is called Walter Mitty?

That is not his name, no. He's just a guy who spent 20 years in & probably knows a few more things than I do about it.

3. They were terrorists inspired by extremist strains of Islam. Not a scary word. A fact. Uncomfortable one for you of course but much more important that you just get back to complaining about security budgets and the people who strive to protect your ungrateful, worthless arses.

Yah right. All they do here is show up after the perps are long gone, shoot up innocent people in mail carrier vans & rely on guys defying the lockdown orders to have a smoke break to catch the crooks.

Fair points all. The claymore thing is complete nonsense, even I know what a claymore blast looks like and I am some kind of communist. Locking down the city, which seems like a bit of an overstatement of what actually happened. Like FS said you weren't going to get locked up if found strolling the streets but you might get questioned and probably lectured in a undecipherable Boston accent. Plus when it was over all the NWO cops packed it in and went home. The only "conspiracy" I see is more DHS money getting poured into hi-tech boondoggles. A defense contractors dream of solutions looking for problems.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:50 am

No edit & didn't turn out up there, so you'll have to read between the lines there^. Maybe you commies would prefer to pay some taxes to pay someone to read between the lines for ya, but wind up having to do it anyway, because they won't, but your money ain't coming back. What a genius system we have in place!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:21 am

The FBI and the media can drive the whole Boston Marathon story like a Cadillac in a parade. They are trained to present one version to the public and sell it.

"Reality" is a psyop.
Sri Lanky

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Woodsman wrote:No edit & didn't turn out up there, so you'll have to read between the lines there^. Maybe you commies would prefer to pay some taxes to pay someone to read between the lines for ya, but wind up having to do it anyway, because they won't, but your money ain't coming back. What a genius system we have in place!

what does that even mean?

anyhoo. I was right

These Classy Defense Contractors Are Already Looking to Cash In on Boston
BY NOAH SHACHTMAN04.26.136:30 AM

A memorial for the Boston Marathon victims. Photo: Vjeran Pavic/Flickr
The newly-limbless victims from the Boston Marathon attack are still being treated, and the alleged bomber has only been in custody for a few days. But for a handful of defense and intelligence contractors, it’s never too early to start pimping their products as the solution to the next terrorist strike.

“The Boston Marathon bombing has proven the need for real time video and data analysis from all types of cameras, including user mobile devices, surveillance cameras, and network footage,” Chris Carmichael, CEO of Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation, says in a press release. As it happens, his company offers an intelligent video system that does just that.

Piggybacking on big events a long-standing trick of the PR trade. It’s a way to garner attention for products that might ordinarily get ignored. So dress-makers jump on the Oscars. Social media monitors issue “analysis” of Twitter’s reaction to the Presidential debates. And the night after the Boston bombings, an explosive detection outfit called Implant Sciences emailed reporters to say that its “quantum sniffer” was the kind of “technology needed to prevent attacks like this… It is the most sensitive detection system ever created and it can save lives.”

Not to be outdone, a publicist from a facial recognition firm, FaceFirst, boasted to reporters a few days later that “this technology can identify individuals with prior arrests, terrorists and persons of interest in a matter of seconds.” He also sighed that “the last few month [sic] have been pretty hectic for due to the use of face recognition in the finding of the Boston Marathon Bombers and other high profile cases.”

One small problem: facial recognition wasn’t used to catch Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the accused attackers.

Thankfully, some of the companies boasting of their roles in the bombing response actually did help in that response.

During its quarterly earnings call this week, iRobot CEO Colin Angle was happy to let reporters know that, yes, one of the firm’s PackBot machines certainly was used to investigate a car driven by one of the bombing suspects. ”The company’s response to the Boston Marathon bombings continues a long tradition of iRobot’s responsiveness in a time of crisis and speaks to our values and commitment as an organization,” he crowed.

The Emergency Communications Network firm not-so-humble bragged in a statement that ”on Monday alone, more than 228,000 calls, tens of thousands of texts and emails, in addition to 700 CodeRED Mobile Alert app notifications kept citizens informed of critical public safety messages specific to their areas… On Tuesday, ECN client Massachusetts Institute of Technology used the CodeRED system to notify students, faculty and staff of a suspicious package on campus. More than 20,000 calls were launched in 11 minutes and 18,000 text messages were sent in three minutes, allowing MIT to proactively communicate with their campus community during a time of heightened awareness and vigilance.”

Others trying to ride the attack’s media wave had, at best, tangential connections to the tragedy. A front group set up by outdoor advertising companies to promote billboards in Los Angeles decided that the bombing was a perfect excuse to renew its call for digital signs alongside L.A.’s freeways. An anti-Islam outfit pounced on the attack to demand that Muslims be stripped of their Constitutional rights. And when the news broke that bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev purchased hundreds of dollars’ worth of fireworks, the American Pyrotechnics Association quickly issued a statement defending its industry.

“Could these consumer fireworks devices be used to produce a pipe bomb or pressure cooker bomb like the bombs involved at the Boston marathon? Perhaps; however, it would take a significant volume of these small aerial shells to extract the volume of chemicals necessary to create a significant blast,” reads the press release. “Contrary to media reports, consumer fireworks have rarely been used in such destructive activities.”

Book publishers were also quick turn the awful attack that left three people dead into a marketing opportunity.

“This terrorist event left millions of citizens concerned about their family’s personal safety and wondering what they should do to plan and protect themselves,” notes one press release. ”Those answers are at your fingertips,” said Rob Stern, principal of Defense Research LLC, developer of the ‘Citizens’ Emergency Response Guide.’

“Can the reasons for the Boston Marathon bombing be understood by reading a 39 page book?” asks another press release, this one from a publisher hawking a novel from some guy named Morris Matthews.” Revered by America’s traveling carnival community, he brings a blend of ancient Ayurvedic wisdom and ‘Middle American’ horse sense to his writings.

If only he had used that horse sense to stop this press release before it was issued.

– with Spencer Ackerman
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:anyhoo. I was right

YOU were right? Hello, that was my fucking conspiracy theory. Hangers on, jeez.

nowonmai wrote:3. They were terrorists inspired by extremist strains of Islam. Not a scary word. A fact. Uncomfortable one for you of course but much more important that you just get back to complaining about security budgets and the people who strive to protect your ungrateful, worthless arses.

See, this is what I mean by presenting a false dichotomy. I'm "ungrateful," a "nutter," and "worthless" because I think there may be people who will try to profit off of a tragedy. Because I either have to think (A) the perps are terrorists and the cops are heroes, OR (B) it's a conspiracy akin to lizard people and claymore mines. Here's the thing, though. The brothers can be terrorists and the cops can be heroes, and there can still be a cabal of people trying to leverage the event into siphoning more cash away from taxpayers.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:45 pm

friendlyskies wrote:

You owed me one for chainsaw.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:

You owed me one for chainsaw.

RYP came up with that one when I was begging for alternatives to "Chester Benjamin IV" on FB. Now you're taking credit for that, too? No worries, though - just hook me up with a Vice editor to pitch this Nicaragua story to and we can forget the whole thing.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:29 pm

RYP got that from me. I was trying to come up with names for Nico when he was born. We decided on Chainsaw Ironbush Plaxico Swain. Just sayin'.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh man! I did not know. I'm still pissed off that I couldn't name him Lazlo, so I could call him Laz or Lazer Boy or whatever. Thank goodness there's Chainsaw, which has become C-saw when he's hanging out with his homies Aiden (Mad Man) and Charles (C-money). Ok, there's no way their parents would come up with cool street names, it's suburban Atlanta and everyone went to Emory and takes wealth and status waaaaaaay too seriously. But at least there's Chainsaw. I am eternally grateful.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby nowonmai » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 am

friendlyskies wrote: The brothers can be terrorists

See, that didn't hurt. Progress.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon May 06, 2013 5:37 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Oh man! I did not know. I'm still pissed off that I couldn't name him Lazlo, so I could call him Laz or Lazer Boy or whatever. Thank goodness there's Chainsaw, which has become C-saw when he's hanging out with his homies Aiden (Mad Man) and Charles (C-money). Ok, there's no way their parents would come up with cool street names, it's suburban Atlanta and everyone went to Emory and takes wealth and status waaaaaaay too seriously. But at least there's Chainsaw. I am eternally grateful.

I am glad it works so well. My in-laws could not pronounce chainsaw that well anyway. It took a while for grandma to stop calling him "neeg-a-row" which was funny as hell but you dont want to hear it everyday.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Kurt » Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 am

The "new normal" is that everytime something like this happens there are people who will imediately claim it did not happen or "just looked that way". When I saw the explosions I said "Hmmmm....lots of white smoke, looks like bombs I made as a kid. Must be black powder." Of course was wrong but I was still much closer to the truth than the "false flag" people.

I actually am never interested in alternative theories behind these things. I am much more interested in the bearable madness that causes these theories.

There are perfectly functional people out there who are totally deluded and I find that amazing in that with just a bare minimum of sanity and just a feeble grasp of the world that these people can actually function.

You have borderline people like Duncan -Binns whose madness will one day cause harm to himself but so far he still keeps chugging along like a still on the rails crazy train.

You have Alex Jones who actually makes money from being crazy, or he makes money by selling crazy. Not sure about him yet.

We have experts who are never questioned like "what makes someone in the USAF able to identify a bomb type based on the sound? Are they some kind of explosive Somelier? Why does someone in the USAF know about Claymore mines? Is it possibe that Claymore explosions are all that are familiar to him just like black powder explosions were alll that was familiar to me so that is what we identify?"

No one says that because it is not interesting. Watching people go on being deluded is more interesting.

There is crazy like Sandy Hook where a dweeb goes on a shooting rampage and that is not tolerable but the kind of crazy that says "A dweeb did not go on a shooting rampage" is perfectly acceptable and perhaps even entertaining.

From now on I am never going to address a theory, am going to go after the messenger. Alex Jones makes money by saying what happened did not really happen, so he is as unreliable as a member Goldman Sachs claiming Goldman Sachs does not manipulate Wall Street for its own benifit.

Air Force Claymore guy? Sorry Woodsman, the man is an explosives expert like I am an explosives expert, and I guessed more accurately. His best years are probably behind him so he talks alot to whomever will listen. (also similar to me)

Off topic kinda: Do the Spaniards have a movement who claim that their trains were not bombed by Al Q like the 9/11 and 7/7 "Truther" movements?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Sun May 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Kurt wrote:Do the Spaniards have a movement who claim that their trains were not bombed by Al Q like the 9/11 and 7/7 "Truther" movements?

the fallback conspiracy in Europe is "The CIA did it"
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe