am i crazy like some of the crazies here

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

am i crazy like some of the crazies here

Postby Fansy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:27 am

or instead did i really just make a thread right before this thread in the tfhc that got deleted by an overzealous, drunk, or at least fat-fingered mod?
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Re: am i crazy like some of the crazies here

Postby svizzerams » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 pm

I don't see any topics that you posted in tfhc that were deleted, unless you were trying to sell Gucci purses and Oakley sunglasses....
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:18 am

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:11 am

in that case, i must reveal my own divination results to further what has already been found regarding ET DNA by fellow TFHCer Sri Lanky.

Behold, citations/mentions by name in VLindsay's BFC dissertation compared to age of soul, genetic heritage, and keylon activation for the chosen 20:

OLDEST TO YOUNGEST

Nowonmai -- 89% activated...of PLEIADIAN descent. (1st oldest) -- 4 mentions

Sri Lanky -- 67% activated...of PLEIADIAN descent. (2nd oldest) -- 5 mentions

RYP -- 93% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (3rd oldest) -- over 100 mentions

svizzerams -- 44% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (4th oldest) -- 14 mentions

ReptilianKittenEater -- 33% activated...of PLEIADIAN descent. (5th oldest) -- 2 mentions

Ronbo -- 35% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (6th oldest) -- 0 mentions

Shiningeye -- 2% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (7th oldest) -- 0 mentions

seektravelinfo -- 14% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (8th oldest) -- 5 mentions

Texas Carnie Roadshow -- 26% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (9th oldest) -- 0 mentions

flipflop --74% activated... of ARCTURIAN descent. (10th oldest) -- 7 mentions

friendlyskies -- 27% activated...of PLEIADIAN descent. (11th oldest) -- 7 mentions

Farmdog -- 40% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (12th oldest) -- 3 mentions

Nanuq -- 3% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (13th oldest) -- 0 mentions

Dr. V (vlindsay) -- 4% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (14th oldest) - 4 mentions

yorick -- 71% activated...of PLEIADIAN descent. (15th oldest) -- 3 mentions

rickshaw92 -- 7% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (16th oldest) -- 5 mentions

Ultra Swain -- 3% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (17th oldest) -- 14 mentions

Fansy -- 25% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (18th oldest) -- 3 mentions

Kurt -- 15% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (19th oldest) -- 63 mentions

el3so -- 54% activated...of ARCTURIAN descent. (20th oldest) -- 1 mention

--

what does this all mean? to be fair, i haven't yet evaluated quality in each mention. i think a few things are clear, however, that many of the wrong people were quoted and discussed way too much and some of the more important board members, like myself who happened to actually be in a DP during the data collection of the dissertation unlike the majority of these scrubs, were largely ignored for this academic exposition. moreover, how did ronbo not get mentioned considering that it was like the exact time during the data collection of the dissertation that his role in the failed assassination attempt of Bill Clinton came to light on the board. that's got to be more interesting and relevant to the BFC and academic community than, oh let me see, the 17 mentions penta received. nowonmai even got his own paragraph, even though everyone knows he doesn't travel for shit. i think with the above considerations and of course coupled with sri lanky's ET DNA percentages for comparison, something is clearly not right with this picture. and i guarantee my results to within a 95%-99% accuracy level.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 am

I haven't had the pleasure of the read of the dissertation, which I think is a bit bleedin previous. I hope my role as all round good guy, stud and role model to fansy is fully brought out.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:00 am

funny that you ask! under "Posters who have jobs which naturally takes them to dangerous places (e.g. security work, armed forces)" we find you (lol dont ask me why) along with flipflop, jumper, and NIJ:

"Nowonmai - when reversed this username reads: I am no won. He has been
posting on the BFC since 2005. Although he is based near to London he has
never attended a BFC meeting or met any BFC posters. Very little is known
about him except that he is ex-Navy, probably ex-SBS, and may currently work in
either in the UK secret service or private security."

you have been immortalized as James Bond. good work vlindsay.

also, if you hadn't already made the girls wet enough, you get another sopping reference in the discussion of BFC names:

"The category of random within the BFC typology is comparable to the category of
usernames “containing play with language and typography” developed by
Bechar-Israeli (2001). These names appear to be random combinations of letters
and numbers but are in fact meaningful to the user. Of particular interest within
the BFC is the username nowonmai, which when reversed reads “I am no won”.
This provides an example of what Bechar-Israeli (2001) describes as a name
which makes a comment on the anonymity of the medium, where the poster
wants to nullify his/her identity further and is seeking anonymity more than
others, possibly displaying nervousness within the community. This might be an
inherent learned reflex which is typical of intelligence or special forces training."

i know i'm rigid after reading that. esp since i created you.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 pm

What a ripping yarn. I'm not surprised you want to shag me after all that.

What about the other 2 references?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 am

you get a quality quote portraying how RYP is viewed by forum members (vlindsay paints many as ground-he-walks-on worshipers, which i don't really disagree with):

"Not all forum members are supporters of RYP. There are a number of posts within
the forum that are openly critical of Robert Young Pelton, accusing him of selling out to
mainstream media; this is evidence that he has become, to some extent, one of those
opinion leaders who are “perceived by their peers as too much like professional change
agents and therefore lose their credibility with their former followers” (Rogers 1995, p.27):

Most  of  the  time  RYP  talks  shit  on  stilts  because 
that’s the way he earns his money. That’s why any 
real threat to his credibility will always be ruthlessly 
expunged.

-nowonmai in “Reviews for Come Back Alive”

It is difficult to distinguish whether some of his fans think of him as a hero or as a
celebrity. Many of his fans display the traits identified in hero worship (North et al. 2005),
including forming an emotional attachment to him (personal feelings of friendship), a drive
of affiliation (same goals and characteristics and actively seeking information about him)
and identifying his ordinariness (emphasis on family values, normality of life). Conversely,
fans also display the disdain expected in celebrity worship, including disagreement over
published opinions and the identification of character flaws (North et al. 2005).

your last hit sorta sucks. it is a quote of yours in response to redharen that is helping illustrate that 'travelers' in the forum have their own travel ethos or something:

Forum members use this search for authenticity and independence of travel to
distinguish themselves from tourists in their own eyes and the eyes of others. Posters like to
feel that they are doing something different from other tourists and they view themselves, and
like to be viewed by others, as special.

"Is he a DPʹer or a regular sort of folk?"  - NIJ in “Anyone been to Angola recently?”

And as having their own ethos of travel

redharen:  Just  got  into  J’lem  this  morning  from 
steaming, teeming Tel Aviv. Nothing exciting to report, 
but  tonight  I’ll  be  watching  the  march  [...]  if  any 
bombers were to get through the security wall, there 
would be no shortage of easy targets. Here’s to hoping 
it’s a quiet evening. 

nowonmai: “Hereʹs to hoping it’s a quiet evening.” You 
haven’t quite got into the spirit of this site. 
“Jerusalem”

Within the forum, people who travel to dangerous places prefer to be known as travellers.
They view tourists as less experienced travellers with a closed view on the world and some
actively dislike them. As part of their efforts to avoid being viewed as tourists, whenever
forum members travel they seek to avoid mainstream tourism and any of the locations and
activities they associate with mass tourism.

well that's all she wrote.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:35 pm

So this is an actual paper? More power to her I guess but sh!t, what a joke.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Fansy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 pm

to be fair it's a dissertation/thesis/whatever you call it wherever you are in completion of a doctorate, not so much a paper, and seems to be well-sourced and on the face of it well argued. i have not read all 350+ pages. i think the methodology/data collection is a little limited, but it's pretty easy to follow and isn't always boring. that is a plus and rarity as far as dissertations go. but i might be biased because i was mostly interested in all the forum gossip peppered in.

the main aim is stated:

To use the Black Flag Café online forum to identify and evaluate the
factors that influence tourists to visit dangerous places and to ascertain
the perceived benefits for those tourists of travelling to dangerous places.

which seems at best tangential to the data collection methodology and "hot threads/hot posters" identifications. but whatever her chair ok-ed it so what do i know. overall the ethnographic feel of it is pretty good. i enjoyed the lit review cuz that it's a field of scholarly work that i have literally never cracked open even an article on. and hopefully if some of you ppl ever read it you will be mildly insulted/annoyed.

somewhere in it, it acknowledges forum members will at least be provided a copy of major research findings or something. i haven't seen that thread yet, but maybe i missed it.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Fansy wrote:to be fair it's a dissertation/thesis/whatever you call it wherever you are in completion of a doctorate, not so much a paper, and seems to be well-sourced and on the face of it well argued. i have not read all 350+ pages. i think the methodology/data collection is a little limited, but it's pretty easy to follow and isn't always boring. that is a plus and rarity as far as dissertations go. but i might be biased because i was mostly interested in all the forum gossip peppered in.

the main aim is stated:

To use the Black Flag Café online forum to identify and evaluate the
factors that influence tourists to visit dangerous places and to ascertain
the perceived benefits for those tourists of travelling to dangerous places.

which seems at best tangential to the data collection methodology and "hot threads/hot posters" identifications. but whatever her chair ok-ed it so what do i know. overall the ethnographic feel of it is pretty good. i enjoyed the lit review cuz that it's a field of scholarly work that i have literally never cracked open even an article on. and hopefully if some of you ppl ever read it you will be mildly insulted/annoyed.

somewhere in it, it acknowledges forum members will at least be provided a copy of major research findings or something. i haven't seen that thread yet, but maybe i missed it.

I've read it.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Fansy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 pm

isnt that because you were an editor/informant?
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 am

Fansy wrote:isnt that because you were an editor/informant?

LOL! I'm no editor! Maybe the latter. :-) I had no idea what had been written until it was a done deal and PhD was in hand. Penta was the editor.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Fansy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:00 am

where is the link posted? you mean this thread:? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52878

no link is posted there, although several ppl asked for one including me. vlindsay actually posted the name of her dissertation in this little known thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56518

wherein we discover it is entitled: "A virtual ethnography of the Black Flag Cafe: A forum for people who travel to dangerous places."

which when googled reveals several downloadable repositories, including her school's which activated for download in june at which time i downloaded and read it. but none of that was thanks to the largess of vlindsay. all i've seen are explanations and equivocation why it can't be released or that there are all the other issues and no one can ever have a copy but ryp.

but in truth everyone can have a copy, i just don't know if everyone wants to parse 378 pages of tourism talk. more importantly, in the TFHC it's only as significant as far as it correlates to or further illuminates our understanding of our divergent ET DNA keylon activation and alien heritage. this much cannot be disputed.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm

fansy wrote:where is the link posted?

didnt you just have a post where you asserted a link to the dissertation had been posted a few years back? that's what my above post was in response to, so why don't see your original post anymore. am i crazy like some of the crazies here, or is deleting random posts on the tfhc back in style.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe