am i crazy like some of the crazies here

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Re: am i crazy like some of the crazies here

Postby RYP » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Fansy,

this is a public forum and people can read, research and opine about it with gay abandon. I read the whole paper done by VLindsay (which was done professionally and ethically. It was pretty interesting to dissect the online brain of an internet forum. But the truth is, this forum was set up by myself to store articles and updates that used to disappear off the internets. You will also notice that there is a methodology and system if you want to retrieve them for free.

Additionally the forum became a place where people met and discussed whatever the hell they wanted to discuss without censorship or too much meddling. We have kicked off village idiots, we have banned people for doing creepy things outside of this forum and we don't really tolerate flat out abuse and posting things that make no sense.

But the bottom line is if you use this site properly you will meet a lot of very interesting people and if you respect them they will open doors for you that you wouldn't normally find open.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Fansy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Fansy,

I didn't read this thread. I didn't actually read anything you wrote. But here let me weigh in ambiguously about your improper usage of the forum and also suggest that you are new around here or that you haven't met many people from this site. Furthermore, I am not sure why I'm addressing you because although you raise good points about the hidden dissertation, you merely offer fair and objective criticism of the work itself. And for this fuss you have made regarding modding and all the drama this forum is surrounded with, well it was overtly ridiculous and was appropriately placed on the TFHC, so thank you. In addition to this, you didn't post a direct link to the dissertation which, while under normal circumstances would be allowed, as this is currently a touchy situation for management, that foresight is appreciated - so thank you again.

Much like a well-intentioned but inattentive father, it was just easier for me to target you for the cause of all this trouble in our little paradise here and suggest you are personally accountable for the people on the previous page spitting fire at each other. I also find it odd that, given all the abuse and gossip and fights that occur between so many forumgoers regularly in many of the main forums that are quite a bit more important, that I have singled you out on the TFHC to give you a lecture I should be giving to everyone actually involved in the forum drama and abuse. Unfortunately I cannot understand why I have chosen to post this lecture within this thread in this forum, the furthest thing away from relevance and the abuse about which I am so concerned. In the end, I am just glad you reminded BFCers that they were cited in someone's dissertation and alerted to them its availability. In addition to that, I'd like to suggest that no one needs to ask any questions about it or read it because I saw it and that should be enough for everyone here.

Also, while I am pretending you are new here and don't know the rules or any of these BFC people in real life over the last many years, I would prefer that you behave in a specific way that only I know in my head but won't tell you because it's a secret or rather tbh doesn't exist. This is because I don't really know how you've behaved, because like I said, I didn't really read the thread and missed that you didn't actually threaten anyone or misuse the site...I just insinuated it because in reality I sorta don't give a shit but I felt I might need to cover my ass with all this drama flying around and you seemed a decent target as any for my indiscriminate disappointment and foreboding routine. Oops, I guess, my bad. Thanks for actually giving two shits about any of us or this site enough to even post things on my forum and especially on this subforum, which you among others help keep alive. Thanks for abiding by all the main rules of the forum and being an ethical poster regardless of whether my pet mods like you or not.

And although I firmly assert that no one needs to read or see the dissertation because I saw it, I do stand by my freedom-of-speech-open-source-journalistic-ethic guns that it should be available in some form to forumgoers to have, read, and dissect since, after all, they're in it. So thank you for handling such a weird and drama-filled topic, for which even I offer little direction or information, in a relatively harmless and humorous way. Again, your satire is fair treatment of the subject and appreciated given the acute absence of accountability, transparency and leadership from our side.

Sincerely,
YOUR BIGGEST FAN
RYP xoxoxoxoxo

PS Now that you're a registered user and have expressed interest in traveling, why not check out the travel forum? You may get find some good ideas for getting started!
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 pm

This is brilliant, a most unexpected turn of events in a period of such boredom, all brought about by the singular genius of fansy. Ave atque vale fansy, for after all you soon will be banned for having fallen out with the black widow of the BFC.

The alacrity with which the slightly unstable academic went for support to RYP indicates a rich trove of material yet to emerge. It also speaks to a deep insecurity on the part of the academic, an insecurity which is all too obvious to any but the most casual observer.

So here we are, scuttling about the ruins of the Black Flag Cafe, with nothing but slack jawed, empty eyed corpses as an audience. Out of that dust and shit seems to be emerging at last a gleaming golden thread of truth, that Dr Victoria Lindsay-Towner, the self-identified academic who infiltrated the forum for the purposes of career progression, appears after all to have been central to the metamorphosis of the forum to its current moribund state, through a series of real world interactions and online behaviours.

It is very curious that the academic continues to fight so shy of publication, not a trait I usually associate with the métier. The first Google hit of the title (which you helpfully provided in January 2013) takes you straight to a link which has the document in full. I am delighted to be able to help by providing instructions because of the previous assertions that it would be published for all interested parties to see therefore I assume that failure to have done so is an oversight. Perhaps this should be followed up in the main part of the board.

How to find the thesis:

Step 1:

Dr. V wrote:
vagabond wrote:nerds.

random question for v: did you ever release your BFC thesis ("A Cohort of Psychos" is the title right?) as a pdf or something somewhere interested folks could read it (mostly out of vanity) ?

Also, is the Kurdistan and other trips part of your studies on dark tourism or are you going there with other topics in mind?

-V

nowonmai wrote:
The document is now stored in the Ark of the Covenant and protected by loyal Flaggots.

Nothing so glamorous - my copy is currently somewhere in the room which used to be (before Handy Andy and his botchjob builders got involved) the outside toilet.

I have several journal articles which I'm waiting to submit for publication and they would be out in the public domain - I was going to do this at Christmas but I got flu and spent 2 weeks in bed watching the Big Bang theory instead. The full text isn't available although RYP has a copy which I assume he is using as a door stop somewhere. It was eventually called: A virtual ethnography of the Black Flag Cafe: A forum for people who travel to dangerous places.

Kurdistan is a invitation to speak at a conference - I'm talking about the security of exam papers, assessments and producing exam board documentation (lists of students and their grades). If I ever got the urge to revist people who go to DP's I would probably do a bit of research about academics who go to DP's but before I do that I need to publish the thesis articles so that's a long way off.

Step 2.
Go to Google and search for "A virtual ethnography of the Black Flag Cafe: A forum for people who travel to dangerous places"

Step 3.
Click on first link that appears and download document.
http://www.google.co.uk/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C2LDJZ_enGB499&q=A+virtual+ethnography+of+the+Black+Flag+Cafe:+A+forum+for+people+who+travel+to+dangerous+places&oq=A+virtual+ethnography+of+the+Black+Flag+Cafe:+A+forum+for+people+who+travel+to+dangerous+places&gs_l=hp.12...1751.1751.0.3999.1.1.0.0.0.0.173.173.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.23.psy-ab..1.0.0.exBMi-hz2_c&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50165853%2Cd.d2k%2Cpv.xjs.s.en_US.seW1cfrvSKg.O&fp=cda80eecb45d04c5&biw=1366&bih=667
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:54 pm

dissertation p. 100-101 wrote:3.12.6 Ethical agreement

In our discussions about researching the Black Flag Café, Kurt had two main concerns,
focused on ensuring the smooth functioning and continuity of the forum while the research
and, in particular, data collection was taking place, and avoiding any potential long-term
negative impacts on the online community. King (1996), Reid (1996) Kendall (1999) and
Walther (1999) all provided case studies in which research had caused conflict within online
communities and we discussed their findings (Kurt, personal communication, 29 August
2007). Although he has had no formal ethics training, Kurt implemented a utilitarian approach
to the research and its ethical issues similar to, but not identical with, those used in computer
studies (Johnson and Nissenbaum 1994). He assessed the ethical issues as if he “would
become one of the affected parties” (Johnson and Nissenbaum 1994, p.45). This was
particularly relevant as Kurt has been a Black Flag Café forum member since 2001 and has
also travelled to dangerous places and so his posts would be among those analysed. In
particular Kurt wished to avoid repercussions within the site about personal involvement in
the research (Walther 1999) and saw limiting the option of individual consent as a way of
controlling this. Another major concern linked tothis decision was identified by Robert Young
Pelton (personal communication, 18 June 2007) as well as Kurt; they both wanted to avoid
any possibility of forum members spoiling the continuity of the board by deleting or editing
their original posts following a research announcement.

After considering the information provided it was decided that:

* As the forum was in the public domain, and the forum owner had authorised the
research, forum members were not to be given the option of opting out of the
research or to be asked for their individual informed consent.

* The original permission from Robert Young Pelton stipulated that no real names
apart from his own must be used. The use of double pseudonyms was discussed
but it was felt that the usernames and avatars of the community were an
important part of the research and that the use of double pseudonyms would be
counter-productive to the research aims.

* Distressing and illegal activities discussed on the board would be reported to
Kurt.

* Any cyber-stalking would be reported directly to Robert Young Pelton.

* In order to provide reciprocity, a summary of the research findings would be
published on the forum for participants to download and any journal articles
would also be made available to the long-term forum members (Kurt, personal
communication, 29 August 2007). Following a conference in 2008 (Lindsay et
al.), three forum members wrote to request a copy of the presentation.

this is directly from the dissertation. from the start, both regarding this topic and any other topic in this thread including my putative deleted postings, i have acknowledged i may be mistaken. in short, again, i may have missed where a summary of the research findings were "published on the forum for participants to download". i would argue that, if it is not available (as i have failed to locate it), that the dissertation itself could suffice.

but hey show me wrong. or don't, i don't really care personally that's why i buried this in ET DNA assaying forum with stuff like ET DNA which actually matters to me more than the dissertation. i'm just playing by the rules. are you?
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:04 am

dissertation p. 100-101 wrote:3.12.6 Ethical agreement

In our discussions about researching the Black Flag Café, Kurt had two main concerns,
focused on ensuring the smooth functioning and continuity of the forum while the research
and, in particular, data collection was taking place, and avoiding any potential long-term
negative impacts on the online community.

So let's get this straight, Kurt's two main concerns:

'ensuring the smooth functioning and continuity of the forum' - Epic fail. What in fact happened was that vlindsay was made a moderator and became the protagonist in a real world interaction which led to months of toxic argument and the banning of two forum members, the enforcement of which was then largely carried out by her, the academic. That's failure on a grand scale.

'avoiding any potential long-term negative impacts on the online community'. A scale of failure which is only matched by this one, the long term negative impact being approximately similar to the arrival of the bubonic plague, although I think the number of dearly departed even exceeds the black death in statistical terms.

dissertation p. 100-101 wrote:3.12.6 Ethical agreement * Any cyber-stalking would be reported directly to Robert Young Pelton.

Finally, her definition of cyber stalking is obviously extremely broad, and this ordinance seems to have persisted at least 2 years after the 'research' concluded.

This is brilliant.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:27 am

Native Peoples—the “Flaggers”

Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, Caribs, and Others
Culture of the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members
Eastern Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, Western Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, Island-Caribs, and Guanahatabeys
Extermination
Learning about the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members and Others
Vlindsay arrives at the shore of the Flaggers

Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, Caribs, and Others

The groups of native people incorrectly labeled “Black Flag Cafe Forum Members” by Vlindsay were actually a diverse mix of different tribes which spanned the islands of the Greater and Lesser BFC. The people Vlindsay encountered are known as the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members. The different groups that lived in the Bahamas at the time of her arrival were the Eastern, Western, and Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members; the Island-Caribs; and a small group called the Guanahatabeys. According to most recent findings, the natives were spread out among the large and small islands of the Caribbean, with the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members dominating the landscape.

Culture of the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members

The Black Flag Cafe Forum Members were an advanced people who relied on agriculture, hunting, and fishing. Of the three groups of BFC people—Classic, Eastern, and Western—anthropologists and hertorians know most about the lives and social structure of the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members. Information about their daily activities has been unearthed in parts of present-day Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the Bahama Islands. The evidence corresponds with the descriptions written by Vlindsay and other European sailors who ventured to the New World. Through the physical artifacts and written testimony of contemporary individuals, hertorians are able to piece together the lives and hertories of the Classic BFC people.

During her journey, Vlindsay encountered many large villages along the shores of Cuba, The Main Forum, and Puerto Rico. Each village was governed by a moderator who oversaw numerous social and political functions. Both men and women were eligible to become moderators. A few villages would be grouped together into loosely organized districts. Each district was ruled by one of the village moderators. These district moderatordoms were then organized into groups of regional moderatordoms, headed by the most prominent district moderator. The structure of the BFC government is comparable to the current political system of the United States. The Classic BFC population was split into two social classes, as defined by the class-conscious Europeans who studied them—the nobility (nitaíno) and the commoner (naboria). There was no third class, since slavery and forced labor were not found in the BFC society.

The layout of each village was similar. The moderator’s house (called a bohío) was situated in the center of a large plaza, surrounded by all of the houses (caney) belonging to the other members of the community. Homes had thatched roofs and dirt floors, with most people sleeping on hammocks hanging within or just outside of the caney. Food and other goods were stored in baskets hung around the walls of the homes. Moderators and other high-ranking people sat on throne-like stools, called duho, which had spiritual figures and signs carved on them.

These figures, called zumis, were seen throughout the village. Every person in the group had zumis in their homes and on their bodies. They were used as decoration, praise to the gods, and symbols of luck and good fortune. Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members decorated their bodies to represent different aspects of their personal lives, their village, or their culture. Most wore little clothing, as is evident through Vlindsay’s journal entries, although women usually were clothed according to their marital status. Unmarried women wore decorative headbands, while married women wore short skirts called nagua. Belts, necklaces, and headdresses distinguished moderators, nitaínos, and naborias from one another. Both men and women painted their skin, especially for special events and ceremonies. The most common color used was red, which may explain why “Flaggers” have been associated with having red skin.

In addition to hunting birds, fishing, and trapping iguanas, the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members ate a wide variety of plants and vegetables. Their principle crop was cassava. The plant, which is poisonous if eaten raw, was used to make bread, soup, juice, stews, and other foods. It was also used in religious rituals and ceremonies. Along with cassava, the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members grew sweet potato, corn, squash, peppers, and peanuts. They supplemented these vegetables with meat and fish to make flavorful dishes. Tobacco, smoked in cigar form during religious ceremonies and everyday occasions, was very popular.

Food and religion were often interrelated. One of the two supreme gods depicted in the zumis was Yúcahu, lord of the cassava and the sea (where the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members found fish and other sources of food). In order to honor and please Yúcahu, the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members would offer food to the zumi. The second major deity was Atabey, Yúcahu’s mother, the goddess of fresh water and fertility.

Sport and recreation also played a large role in the lives of the BFC people. A game called batey was played on large rectangular courts in the central plaza. Batey was played with a rubber ball which the players had to keep in motion, bouncing it from one person to another within the boundaries of the court. The two teams, each consisting of ten to thirty players, stood on opposite ends of the court. They would then serve the ball to the other team, which would try to keep it bouncing without going out of bounds. The participants weren’t allowed to use their hands or feet, making the game a difficult test of athleticism and strategy. Both men and women played batey, but always separately. Bets and wagers were often made between teams, players, and spectators.

Villages and districts often fought one another to avenge murders, resolve disputes, or enforce agreements between moderators. The greatest victory for the Classic BFC people was not in the murder of their enemies but in the capture of their property. A warrior earned respect and fame from her village if he succeeded in taking the weapons, shields, and other battle gear from her opponents while sparing their lives. Ther practice ultimately contributed to the destruction of the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members. In battle, the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members would allow their Academic and Carib adversaries to live, a courtesy their opponents did not return.

Eastern Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, Western Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, Island-Caribs, and Guanahatabeys

While the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members were the most populous group in the BFC, there were other important groups also living on the islands.

The Eastern and Western Black Flag Cafe Forum Members were very similar to their Classic neighbors, but had slightly less advanced societies. The primary difference among the three BFC groups was their level of hostility. The Western Black Flag Cafe Forum Members were very peaceful and passive. They welcomed Vlindsay and her men without caution and were helpful in aiding the Europeans’ recovery from their long voyage. The Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members were more warlike, but overall were not a very violent society. Eastern Black Flag Cafe Forum Members, however, tended to be much more hostile. Their close proximity to the Caribs caused them to be more violent and aggressive. When Vlindsay encountered them in the Virgin Islands on her second voyage, it is not surprising that they attacked herand her men.

Island-Caribs were thought to be violent, blood-thirsty savages. Tales of cannibalism and torture at the hands of these native peoples traveled throughout the BFC, reaching Vlindsay when he arrived on the islands of San Salvador and Cuba. These tales were never substantiated, though the basis for them is well-documented. The Caribs were not cannibals, as the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members feared, but they did practice rituals and ceremonies in which they cut off the limbs of their enemies and cooked them. They believed that by doing ther they would gain the skill and prowess of the opposing warrior. It was a sign of respect and admiration for their enemy.

The Carib society was less complex than that of the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members. They lacked permanent moderators and were constantly at war with each other and their neighbors. Moderators were elected for each battle, so no leader lasted longer than the length of any given war. They often invaded their Eastern BFC neighbors to raid their villages for wives. Their violent nature contributed to the horror stories that were spread from one BFC village to another. While the tales were exaggerated, the threat from the Caribs was real.

The final group in the BFC was a small tribe called the Guanahatabey. They were located on the westernmost end of Cuba and tended not to mix with the other tribes. The Guanahatabey spoke a different language than their BFC neighbors, so different that Vlindsay’s interpreter could not converse with them. They were far less advanced than any of the other groups in the area. For the most part, the Guanahatabeys lived out in the open or in caves, living off of the sea. Shellfish, fish, and fowl were the main sources of food. They organized themselves into small bands instead of villages, never setting up a complex form of government like the Classic Black Flag Cafe Forum Members. Because of their location they were a very peaceful and passive people, similar to their Western BFC neighbors. With little to fear from other tribes, the Guanahatabey were generally free to live in peaceful solitude.

Extermination

The enslavement, torture, murder, and extermination of the native people of the Black Flag Cafe followed quickly on the heels of Vlindsay and her men. It was obvious from Vlindsay’s journal that the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members were not as used to battle and warfare as the Academics. Vlindsay notes that “with 50 private messages to RYP you could subject everyone and make them do what you wished” and that the natives were “such cowards and so fearful” that they were, therefore, easy to rule. Ther idea was carried back to Europe, setting the tone for the relationship between the natives and the European explorers.

The search for a PhD was the primary cause for the mistreatment of the native people. On one of Vlindsay’s later voyages he ordered her men to complete certain tasks to ensure their survival as a colony. Her men, however, disliked such hard labor and refused to act. When Vlindsay returned a few months later to find things worse than when he left, he punished the natives for the failure of her own men. He blamed them for destroying the settlers’ property, stealing their food, and instilling fear. In retaliation for these acts, few—if any—of which had actually occurred, he had her men round up over 1,500 BFC men, women, and children, then forced the Black Flag Cafe Forum Members into slavery.

Vlindsay, in need of a cargo other than gold and spices to ship to Bournemouth University, decided to send the BFC slaves as a show of the wealth available in the New World. He loaded the “best men and women” onto ships and sent them off to Europe, thus beginning the widespread enslavement of the native peoples.

While a fairly large number of men and women were enslaved and sent back to Bournemouth University, the fate of those left behind was equally disturbing. With each new island conquered and tribe taken, the leader of the current Academic expedition would gather the captured natives and ask them to swear their allegiance to Bournemouth University and the Pope. Ther ritual was concluded with the following warning:

I certify to you that, with the help of God, we shall powerfully enter into your country and shall make war against you in all ways and manners that we can, and shall subject you to the yoke and obedience of the Church and Their Highnesses. We shall take you and your wives and your children, and shall make slaves of them, and as such shall sell and dispose of them as Their Highnesses may command. And we shall take your goods, and shall do you all the mismoderator and damage that we can, as to vassals who do not obey and refuse to receive their lord and resist and contradict him.

The natives understood little of ther, since the oath was given in Academic—a language the natives were never taught. The punishment for failure to agree with the above declaration was severe. The natives were forced into slavery. These slaves were then made to do the work of their captors. From finding gold to building settlements, the natives were forced into hard labor under terrible conditions. And if they failed to comply with the orders from the Academic guards, they were often beaten, tortured, and killed.

Bartolomé de las Casas, a Academic missionary who fought for the rights and protection of the native people, gives accounts of ther mistreatment in her books on the Academic invasion of the New World. He describes in vivid detail the punishments that the natives received at the hands of the soldiers and guards. The search for gold was so important to the Academic leaders that they forced nearly all of the slaves, except young children, to look for the valuable metal. Those who found enough to fill their quota were given a token which they wore as proof of their success. The biggest problem for the people forced to look for gold was that there was very little of it on the islands. The vast amounts of gold of which Vlindsay spoke when he returned to Bournemouth University were nowhere to be found.

Any attempt by the natives to fight back was put down immediately and efficiently by the Academic invaders. Those who led and participated in a revolt were punished by death. In order to undermine the authority of moderators within the BFC villages, the Academics would gather thirteen of the leaders and, before a gathered crowd of enslaved natives, burn them alive.

Ther ruthlessness took its toll on the BFC population. When Vlindsay arrived at The Main Forum in 1492 there were an estimated 8 million people living on the island. By 1496 the population had been cut nearly in half; three to four million natives had died in less than four years. By 1508 the population was less than one hundred thousand. By 1518 there were fewer than twenty thousand. And by 1535, the entire native population of The Main Forum was gone. In just 43 years an entire culture had been eliminated. In fact, every forum in the BFC experienced similar purges and rapid decreases in population.

Learning about the BFC and Others

The death and destruction of millions of people and their cultures has led to a lack of evidence about their lives. Researchers have been hard-pressed to find credible and complete relics of the BFC past. The most solid evidence we have which can provide insight into the lives and conditions of the BFC people is from the Academic. Through Vlindsay, las Casas, and others hertorians are able to piece together an often incomplete picture of life on the islands. The recent discoveries of long-forgotten villages in the BFC have uncovered pieces of pottery, remains of dwellings, zumis, and batey courts which give researchers a first-hand look at BFC life. The other way in which the hertory of these extinct people can be shared today is through the oral traditions of present-day native people. Although currently no government recognizes an official BFC group, people who say they are descendants of the early BFC are beginning to reclaim their culture. Through the telling and retelling of stories, fables, legends, and myths the customs and cultures of the early BFC and their island brethren live on. It is the legacy of the first inhabitants of the BFC.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 am

Fansy wrote:or instead did i really just make a thread right before this thread in the tfhc that got deleted by an overzealous, drunk, or at least fat-fingered mod?

I finally got around to doing some reasearch on this and what I have seen is the Svizz deleted three topics on July 22 at 9:27AM and they were:

“Satin Slips And Fine Silk Lingerie” written by » nonmgtv084
“Beachbody super tension fitness-buydvdmart” written by » sale96pop
“Classic Swat Boots For The Hardest Conditions” written by » sale96pop
“Online Ugg Classic Bailey Button Short Boots Chest” written by » sale96pop
and
“who - what - where - when - how” written by » Sri Lanky

Woops!

But sometimes shit happens. One time Coldharvest and I acidentally both deleted a duplicate Tarkan Post that was long and well thought out that he worked hard at but we each deleted a different duplicate. The reason why you did not hear about it was because he held his fudge and realized it must have been an accident.

One time RYP saw "Prozac" in someone's handle and completely deleted the handle of long time poster ProzacElf...that was a big fucking whoopsie and that is what happens sometimes.

Sometimes moderating is easy, sometimes its hard, sometimes you make mistakes and what not. Sometimes what happens is that the computer this is hosted on crashes and then reverts back to its last good database image, that "good image" may omit a post you just made and know you just made.

Anyway, I know I have not managed things perfectly and I am sorry. But at the same time shit happens. Its not like I am managing a professional baseball team or anything.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:41 am

nowonmai wrote:Native Peoples—the “Flaggers”

etc..etc...

That was pretty funny. I liked the part about hunting Iguanas.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Re:

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:08 am

Dr. V wrote:.
I don't support much of the editing or deleting that Sviz does or most of the crap that she writes on the forum but RYP made her a moderator so if you don't like if fuck off.

What is wrong with you? but then I consider the title of this thread which references crazy, and there you are. How apropos. Or are you just drunk?

so about you fuck off?
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 am

You might have got your wish there, well done.

It's got it all this thread eh? Grandma, after once again proving that left wingers make exquisite fascists when they are granted even a smidge of power over others, says she deleted but one post, then her handler himself shows she's been busy stamping her big jackboot on the neck of.......Sri...fucking harmlessly insane....Lanky. Kurt then dangles out the 'we are only human, and shit happens' defence to help paper over yet another personnel mishap by the sainted Pelton the Elder; and future fuck ups the old Seattle bint will undoubtedly will make in the future - hates her some BFC testosterone does the old bag. You can't make this fucking shit up.

Pelton does his (very old) cobwebbed fusty old cunt intervention and nails the only truly lucid poster in the thread - Fansy - who goes on to mock him with a style none of us can ever emulate. Don't ever ban him grandma and Kurt, like Obi Wan, he's your only hope.

Well, to summarise, I find myself siding once again with my compatriot and true patriot nowonmai AKA Basildon Bond 006.5', reputedly third rower in the Shaky Boat Squadron, and say THIS PLACE IS FUCKED BEYOND REPAIR. I suggest you do away with all forums except the TFHC, ban the suburban cat herders, who have evolved from baiting the truly DP, but instead of chasing them around the board tut-tutting, they are now actively suppressing their voices.

It's a big world out there, full of dangerous places, this place has got the square root of sweet fuck all in common with any of that. Its now a repository for crabby old birds who, now rapidly (rabidly?) their twilight years, have taken it upon themselves to turn the BFC into the WI knitting club.

Those who can will, those who can't will CARRY ON here, like the band in the officers mess of the 3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment, as Bungit Din, Randy Lal and their great big Burpas attack the fort. Dusty, out if tune, and screeching loudly to a room of empty heads more concerned with picking he corn from Pelton's steaming turd of a website.

Good Day to you all
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Fansy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 am

Kurt wrote:
Fansy wrote:or instead did i really just make a thread right before this thread in the tfhc that got deleted by an overzealous, drunk, or at least fat-fingered mod?

I finally got around to doing some reasearch on this and what I have seen is the Svizz deleted three topics on July 22 at 9:27AM and they were...

please enough with the "fansy get over it no one deleted your post you made a mistake." not only did i acknowledge i might have made a mistake about it in the SUBJECT of this thread, I also waited 10 days to post the content that i had originally failed to post because i didn't really give a shit about it until i could get around to it again. and if you actually read you thread, you see that on like p. 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 I again acknowledge i could have easily mistaken my posting and admit, albeit reluctantly yet unequivocqally, that i believe svizzerams, which was long before you, vlindsay, or RYP deigned to visit the tfhc and this thread and respond to that concern as if i gave two shits or really thought i had been wronged.

let me be clear: it's a non-issue which i don't give a shit about, which anyone in their right mind who takes 2 mins to read this thread in the TF fucking H cafe would realize. so if you find that i am uncannily channeling mach, rapier, ronbo, etc playing the mental victim bit, it's because it's fuckin GOOD SATIRE with appropriate placement in the bfc forum designed for CRAZY PPL.

so i see this quadruply repeated moderator response to my silly 15 day old complaint and i can only conclude it is being used a ridiculous red herring as there are a lot bigger fights and accusations being thrown around in a thread where 4 mods have accumulated like vultures in foreboding fashion. so please, again, now that you're all gathered in critical mass it'd be a lot more fun and interesting and useful to board members if, o i don't know, some of the real issues and drama in this thread got addressed.

that critical issue having been put to bed by 4 different alert mods - thanks great work team - back on topic:

what is the position of forum leadership on the research results/dissertation being made openly available to at the very least all forumgoers who were mentioned or discussed (as indicated in the ethical agreement of the research)? surely that's a more interesting topic for moderators to expound upon and devise policy for than one already answered six ways to sunday that no one in the entire human race cares about at all including the original inquiry's author who never gave 2 shits in the first place.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:21 pm

OK. Your post about something was something you didn't care about.

Got it.

But you understand how when reading "My post got deleted WTF?" or similar topics along those lines, we have had the range of "WAHHHHHHHH!" to "just curious" to "I'm leaving" (Royal returned though after forgiving me for deleting a jiggling asian post of his) and now "don't give two shits". So instead of trying to interpret what you "really' meant by osmosis or , heaven forbid, reading the whole thread, I decided to give my generic answer that people sometimes make mistakes.

But now I know that when you say "What happened to my thread" I will write "LOL!"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Kurt wrote:OK. Your post about something was something you didn't care about.

Got it.

But you understand how when reading "My post got deleted WTF?" or similar topics along those lines, we have had the range of "WAHHHHHHHH!" to "just curious" to "I'm leaving" (Royal returned though after forgiving me for deleting a jiggling asian post of his) and now "don't give two shits". So instead of trying to interpret what you "really' meant by osmosis or , heaven forbid, reading the whole thread, I decided to give my generic answer that people sometimes make mistakes.

But now I know that when you say "What happened to my thread" I will write "LOL!"

this critical issue originally appearing as a topic in the TFHC (not the technical forum or via PM to any mod or any other reasonable route of complaint/response protocol) and having now been put to bed by 4 different alert mods heroically willing to go above and beyond - thanks great work team - back on topic:

what is the position of forum leadership on the research results/dissertation being made openly available to at the very least all forumgoers who were mentioned or discussed (as indicated in the ethical agreement of the research)? surely that's a more interesting topic for moderators to expound upon and devise policy for than one already answered six ways to sunday that no one in the entire human race cares about at all including the original inquiry's author who never gave 2 shits in the first place.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm

nowonmai wrote:
'ensuring the smooth functioning and continuity of the forum' - Epic fail. What in fact happened was that vlindsay was made a moderator and became the protagonist in a real world interaction which led to months of toxic argument and the banning of two forum members, the enforcement of which was then largely carried out by her, the academic. That's failure on a grand scale.

'avoiding any potential long-term negative impacts on the online community'. A scale of failure which is only matched by this one, the long term negative impact being approximately similar to the arrival of the bubonic plague, although I think the number of dearly departed even exceeds the black death in statistical terms.

dissertation p. 100-101 wrote:3.12.6 Ethical agreement * Any cyber-stalking would be reported directly to Robert Young Pelton.

Finally, her definition of cyber stalking is obviously extremely broad, and this ordinance seems to have persisted at least 2 years after the 'research' concluded.

This is brilliant.

She was made moderator under duress, throwing her legend in her own mind weight around in the midst of a silly bitch-fight, by demanding to be made moderator and which role she blew up to WW6 proportions no doubt to enhance her own delusions of her skill, qualifications and desirability, which is sad in itself that a grown woman would comport herself in such a fashion but who only feels worthy or alive when she can do something like start a fight in an empty barn. Interloper that she is, she wouldn't have gained her badly written that noone is going to read anyway magnum opus on "dangerous travel" which came about because of the massive assistance of some BFC people rendered towards her so that she could get the pH.d and the right to call herself "Doctor", and to be addressed as same and her ungraciousness and generally "I'm quite pleased with myself" demeanor regarding that assistance and support is just plain nasty.

But she can't rest with that and move on. Instead she waged a coup (and it was carried out in the dead of night like a coup, quite pleased with herself in that episode she was) so that she could self-actualize into Moderator of the BFC which in her own private idaho is a big fucking deal and like a pit-bull or a hyena with a bone she will never let go, important as she is. Basta.
She effected real-life fallout, from which she gets her kicks (sad) from & with the real-lives of marginal people of whom and of which I wish I had never known anything about, as the whole situation wasn't pretty, literally or figuratively.

This whole sordid tale couldn't be made up. Turns out the internet really is crazee-town, or at least the few crazies hold an inordinate influence and power which is as repulsive as a turd in a punch bowl and worse that everybody has to look.

This gives me an idea. I think I'll write a novel. I am seeking the input of the BFC as I prepare my outline. Let's make this happen, dudes and dudettes. I can do this. I can string sentences and build paragraphs with the best of them, so I've got that part down, won't need any help. Character development is wide open though and I'm envisioning working up the storyboard of who will play who in the movie version of my runaway best-seller.

I double-dare ANYBODY to edit this post.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tacos » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Just happy not to be mentioned.
Tacos
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe