BIBLE CODE?

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

BIBLE CODE?

Postby dandalion » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:35 pm

there is a book called the bible code written by michael drosnin. have any of you heard of it and if so, what's your opinion?
dandalion

Postby patriot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:43 pm

I saw a special about the Bible Code on the History Channel. Apparently there is a hidden code in the Old Testament that supposedly predicts the future by way of equidistant letter sequences. Here is an example...

And hast not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughters? thou hast now done foolishly in so doing.

If you start at the R in "daughters," and skip over three letters to the O in "thou," and three more to the S in "hast," and so on, the hidden message "Roswell" is revealed!

Some of the things they've found in the Code are very intruiging, and a lot of mathemiticians are split over its authenticity.

Here's a website that explains it in more detail...

http://www.csicop.org/si/9711/bible-code.html
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:58 pm

Gee, imagine! The OT containing codes in a language that wouldn't even exist for a couple of thousand years!
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:03 pm

Oh, Dim, you're so cute. The Rabbi mathematicians I saw on the History Channel don't program their software in English.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:09 pm

patriot wrote:Oh, Dim, you're so cute. The Rabbi mathematicians I saw on the History Channel don't program their software in English.

I'm not making fun of them, I'm making fun of you. And your example (which is really jus random data-mining) is written in English.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:14 pm

Sorry, Aramaic is my second language.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

bible bullshit

Postby muskrat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:22 pm

I bought the book about 20 years ago at HK airport. It sucked me in for about 12 hours. Kinda like the Di Vinci Codes without the story. You can apply the same method to anything and 'predict' the winner of the election. Its a random self fulfilling code from memory just like the school yard tricks where you put in a bunch of numbers and arrive at a specific number.

Cheers MR
the Rat is less about criminality per se but the importance and sheer fun of using one's intellect, skill and willpower to carve a survival niche into whatever inhospitable environment one finds oneself. Damn the imposed morality of the overlords. F
muskrat
BFCus Regularus

Postby mach1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:46 am

You can take the same methodology and techniques and find Biblical passages and predictions in Herman Melvilles 'Moby Dick'.

A fun thing to do is write a sentence and highlight letters that make up a phrase in a foriegn language. The trick is to write effectively enough so that your attempt to write code in another langauge is concealed. Must not be obvious otherwise no one understands your point..

The code could be then transversed into a third language using a foreign language for the letters...

for instance..if 'FUN' is the 2nd word in your sentence, your code would be to say TWO in German......"zvei"..but, instead just use the short form 'Z".

The assumption as a rule is to always use the first letter in the word designated by it's number.

If not the case then use two letters: one for the number in line in the sentence, the next for the letter designation in the word.

So, 'z' is the first block of code.

'R' in 'write' is next so, thats seventh word second letter:

'sz' ( use small letters from 1-10 and capitalize in the tens)

'a' is the 8th "word" and also the next letter to be used in the code so in such cases where the word as in 'the', 'as' 'an' etc are used, the entire number in the sequence of the sentence is used instead.

z sz 8 nd ns Z Ev Zw-s D Zwa-z Z-Ef. n Sa. ei v se avf.

is French for everyone

--

How it could be used is, say someone knows 5 languages and they want to tell you what language to translate the incoming code in. For them to let you know, you call him or her up, and the language said 'hello' in
would signify what language to translate the incoming code into or out of. In the above example, if the person answered 'guten tag', you would know when the message arrived in code what languge code is being used. Get it? Cool, huh?-lol.
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby mach1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:50 am

no, 'chacun' is french for everyone. Now thats mignon, non?
Ride the Walrus
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby kilroy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:40 am

read the book. it's utter bullshit. the 'code' can find anything you want it to find, or at least something close enough to read your own expectations from it, which the author did in his examples numerous times.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:40 am

Sorry, but this makes me thin of that crappy movie "The Omega Code."
God it sucked.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Dutchy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:53 am

I read the book about 6 years ago. I think the part about every 50th letter in the first 5 books (Torah) actually spelling Torah is strange but I think DaVinnci actually discovered that.
Stan- "These nerds are a threat to our way of life Betty."
Betty- "If they win the homecoming carnival they can take over the greek council."
Stan- "Yeah, then we'll be up to our necks in nerd shit!"
Dutchy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Romeo247 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:23 pm

alas the greatest work of fiction ever in the history of man kind...
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:45 pm

Skip the book and seek primary source material instead....... history of Edward II and King James, also gunpowder plot.

Finally get yer hands on Book of Jasher, if you can. Otherwise Book of Daniel will set you up with what's happening at mystery schools today.

Bible is a quick kick read..... Prophets Malachi and Ezekiel is lots of fun!!

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:31 pm

I am reading the Bible now actually, But only just finished Genesis...Which is a cool book with all the rape, incest, sodomy, murder and betrayal that one could want. The happy ending is the Abraham family becomes very wealthy. The downside is that they leave off in Egypt. I wonder what happens next?

Have you read The Gun Powder Plot by Antonia Frasier?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe