Papal Doves of Peace Attacked by Crow, Seagull

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Papal Doves of Peace Attacked by Crow, Seagull

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm

So [cue theme music from The Omen], Pope Francis and two children released doves of peace after praying for Ukrainian protesters above St. Peter's Square. These were attacked by a seagull and a crow. The doves escaped, which is a probably a good thing if you're even a little superstitious. All three birds are prominently featured in the Bible, red and blue are symbolic colors for various reasons, and the Vatican has trucked in miracles for millennia.

There seem to be three dominant theories, listed in order of frequency after half an hour of google searches.

1. God is illustrating that Pope Francis is bad, secular, and not the true pope. His true motives are illustrated by the birds. Pray for the real pope, Benedict.
2. Pope Francis is a man of peace, but he is under attack by the forces of evil, by both land (the raven) and the sea (seagull).
3. The raven and seagull were trained to attack the doves by someone hoping a billion Catholics would consider it an omen.

Anyway, as an atheist, number three sounds the most convincing, by a hair. Ravens and seagulls both attack other birds, sure, but usually just babies or the wounded. And I was surprised most people thought the omen made Francis look bad - St. Francis' symbol is the dove, and the raven and seagull are Biblical and literary symbols of sin, death, filth, and so forth. Isn't it kind of obvious that Francis is under attack? I dunno, I think a lot of conservative Catholics are over Francis because (1) Benedict isn't dead and (2) he would rather hate on rich people than gay people or sexually-active women, and maybe they're more likely to blog. Hmmmmmm

"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: Papal Doves of Peace Attacked by Crow, Seagull

Postby svizzerams » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:34 pm

When I saw that had happened yesterday I thought....oh oh, the crazies are going to run with this one.

Maybe its a f/u to the roasting of the doves of peace at the opening ceremony of the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, Korea

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-liu1JVo1g[/youtube]
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe