Freemasonry: No Longer Needed??

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby flipflop » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:53 pm

The Scottish Rites kick ass

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby yorick » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:46 pm

loki547 wrote:to be one, ask one. i can never seem to find any to ask. my transient work schedule could be a hinderance. but any thing that is about self betterment can't be too bad

Your best introduction will occur through a friend or acquaintance. Keep your eyes open and masonry/ traits in others will become apparent to you. Discovery and exposure to masonry will litterally unfold before your eyes.

What's important is that you already see yourself in the light of having some comprehension of what masonry is about - without any selfish or ulterior motive on your part and without feeling compelled to kick down doors. And it's not idle curiousity that drives you but a sincere desire to improve yourself at the level of your innermost being, hence to the betterment of the world for your having been here.

It may take more then 5 yrs between first learning something about masonry from the outside looking in and actually covering a chair. The best exposure you can get (prior to entering) is to consider what masonry means to you. Ask yourself what you hope to achieve and how improving yourself can in turn benefit others. The process begins within yourself and then suddenly avenues and opportunities appear as if by coincidence or synchronicity.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby yorick » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:56 pm

Caliban wrote:
Also was interesting that Black Jack Pershing, supreme commander of USMilitary Forces, felt it encumbant to make top staff advizors into master masons on sight. A rare dispensation in the AFAM system (as far as i understand it) that has not occurred since. I wonder what sort of trouble those lewised by these initiates under lineal descendancy have gotten themselves into since.

At least American Masons have always had a more open attitude to admission of their membership though. During the American Civil war it was very common for Masons to wear Masonic emblems prominantly on their uniforms and it saved the lives of quite a few when wounded and rescued by enemy "fellow" masons. Weird.

As was the American Revolution where both sides regularly returned lodge accoutrements to one another after overunning each others positions. And even *initiated* captured officers through the first degree (whether the prisoner knew it or not) in ritual format replete with administration of oaths. Am not sure this has ever been done before or since. I would bring this idea to Guantanamo Bay, assuming it has not already been done.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Previous

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe