What do we know about Aleister Crowley :

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

What do we know about Aleister Crowley :

Postby yorick » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:15 pm

- aahside from the fact of the kharma he rack'd?

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Tacos » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:15 pm

Ozzy wrote a cool song about him.
Tacos
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:15 am

Nah, I was thinkin more along the lines of him crucifying a frog in the name of Christ. An interesting thing to do since it wasnt common knowledge at the time that amphibian populations suffer the greatest sensitivity to environmental conditions.

Crowley loved the excercise and said it was great fun, meditating on the frog's crucifiction for as long as Jesus is reported to have been strung up on the cross.

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:11 am

Crowley loved the excercise and said it was great fun, meditating on the frog's crucifiction for as long as Jesus is reported to have been strung up on the cross.

Which is one of the things that made him a fuckin' nutter.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby yorick » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:15 am

Or was it the suicide of his 9 mistresses whereas he is said to have also killed a cat 9 times in ritual (the cat died on the first attempt).

I forget what it was, but something pegged him as the most dangerous man of the 20th Century. Many believe that he even created Hitler.

When Hess was captured and contained in the tower of London at WWII, Crowley was begging to treat the captive as a subject for his workings. Iam Fleming MI6(?) even advocated on Crowley's behalf - but nothing came of it.

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:16 am

He was powerfull because he choose not to be constrained by the society around him.
He was most certainly the Big Kahuna when that Edwardian mystisism wave roared by.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:52 pm

He named his daughter Lola Zaza.
Yep, he was a nutter.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby SRR » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:56 am

I read into Crowley during my formative teenage years..... it's always a problem in new age bookstores, apparently, that all the teenagers head over to the Crowley section for their magick learning when that's really the last place they should be seeking inner understanding.

I remember clearly him shooting to death a few thieves in south Asia when he was travelling, and forcing his many wives to have sex with goats.

Oh, and he spent some time in Vancouver. That's probably what put him over the edge.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Romeo247 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:39 am

GWB was more of a "nutter"
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby Captain_Solo » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:57 pm

Crowley laid claim to giving Churchill the mystical "V for Victory" sigil to help thwart Hitler's Occult practices, targeted against Churchill and England, during WWII. Unsurprisingly, Crowley would not be given credit for such work. England was in the midst of transition from a staunchly dogmatic to a more secular nation.

http://www.aznewage.com/crowley.htm

I remember David Icke saying the World War II was really a war between opposing occultic orders. Personally I think it is a bunch of crap that is now confined to poorly-acted movies on the Sci-Fi channel.
Captain_Solo
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Tue May 03, 2005 11:07 am

There was indeed psyche fight among highly orthodox circles occurring in WWII. Yet practically NONE of the paticipating groups (FUDOSI, etc) remain the same. Most have either closed their doors to new initiates, become mere skeletons of their former selves, or they are now openly divulging whatever had been kept 'secret' for thousands of years.

The latter bunch of tattle tales, with whom i wholeheartedly agree, supposes that in the near future uncommon gifts and talents, as those of Indigo Children, will soon become commonplace traits of the species at large.

And future generations will DEMAND they receive accurate instruction in antient traditions and occult techniques from the earliest possible age.

Otherwise, all that newage hubbub has no more practical value or usefulness than does a Neanderthal's stone spatula for opening and serving up a can of beans.

Returning to topic - who were Croley's friends, those who helped him, and what became of them?

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Dim » Thu May 26, 2005 9:38 am

yorick wrote:Returning to topic - who were Croley's friends, those who helped him, and what became of them?

Well . . . there was John Parsons - one of the founders of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and one of Americas most promising post-war scientists. He was Crowleys foremost disciple in the US, and he joined together with sci-fi writer and Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard to summon the Devil somewhere out in the deserts of California.

Their collaboration ended with Hubbard swindling a huge sum of money from Parsons and absconding with his girlfriend. Hubbard went on to become a fugative billionaire sailing around the world on his private navy staffed with legions of brainwashed teenage girls in hotpants.

Parsons died in an experiment in his garage shortly after after they completed the ritual.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu May 26, 2005 10:57 am

yorick wrote: Otherwise, all that newage hubbub has no more practical value or usefulness than does a Neanderthal's stone spatula for opening and serving up a can of beans.
Keeping vegetarians and menopausal women of the streets seems like plenty of use to me ;-)
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby yorick » Thu May 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Kuranic toilet paper for Gitmo, that was Crowleyan idea!! Also cluster bombs and food parcels dopped on Afghanistan in identical orange/yellow packaging - like teardrops of the sun - Brilliant idea!!!

Hell yes, access to the Aleister Crowley egregore is the Nuclear Bomb of 21st Century psychological warfare. All that we need are pedigreed initiates of Crowleyan theurgy whose presence alone can work miracles whenever and wherever as needed.

Native Americans knew this technique deploying their own shamans on CSI patrol wherever battles occured. Alot like "Ghost Dancing" they called it and it nearly worked.

I guess most of Crowley's pals ended up millionaires, including Ian Fleming of MI6 who was visited late in life by the muse that inspired him to write paperback spy stories, nothing he aniticipated.

Meanwhile the poor bastard "666" himself never did an honest day's work in his life and died in near abject poverty, having fucked every civilized religion and moral system on the planet with profound writings of his own, privately published at the author's expense.

Why is this shit so scarey??

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby coldharvest » Fri May 27, 2005 12:11 am

He was beyond the pale and wise enough to map it.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe