What's your everyday watch?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Postby TheKid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:06 pm

i have this one http://www.freestyleusa.com/products/Pe ... ammerhead/

that sucker has been on my wrist for over a year now, in salt water, dog's mouths, the bay of bangol, the saint lawrence river, burnt motor oil, and your moms bath tub. it just keeps going.

it saved my wrist once while working on a unhappy german shepherd, he lunged at my hand and i heard a rather nasty snap as he chipped his tooth on my hammerhead. (i work at an animal hospital)
"With out the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"
~Reinhold Messner
TheKid
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bouncer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:09 pm

Daily Domestic and Light International:
Omega SpeedMaster Automatic Chronograph

Heavy International:
Seiko (Prospex) Alpinist on a NATO strap. I actually use GMT/Zulu time so it's useful for me to have that reference on a watch.

Alternatively, I found a niche watchmaker here in the states that is an awesome buy. They use swiss movements, sapphire crystal, stainless steel body, screw down crown, superluminova c1 (white) dail paint, 120 click bezel (So you can set odd hour adjustments on the bezel correctly).

It's an automatic self winding watch, so no battery, with a smooth second sweep hand, and it comes with an extra rubber strap if you'd rather that than the stainless steel band. I got the GMT version because I use GMT/Zulu time in my work and it's handy to have that reference immediately available.

I've looked, and you will not find a similar quality watch for less than 1500.00 minimum, and usually closer to 2200 or more. The BI is 440.00 all in, has a warranty, and is a limited production number. They'll make 500 of the GlobeMasyers and then they're done. I have number 31.

Berhardt Instruments GlobeMaster GMT.
http://www.bernhardtinstruments.com/

Regards,
-Bouncer-
Last edited by Bouncer on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bouncer
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:20 am

Coleman
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:13 am

I have a guess watch I got off some guy who got in my cart, went on a 140$ ride and couldent pay as his bank card wouldent work. Poor guy did not even have 5$ to get his car from the garage.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby vagabond » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:07 am

I use my mobile currently but in the past have worn the Iron Man Triathlon. They typically last about two years or so before falling apart. Usually the bands first then batteries or salt water problems. In the market for a new watch or two: a flashy one for work and will probably get another Timex for play.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alessandro » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:53 pm

Oregon Scientific is my choice.
To think before you type is like wiping your butt before you dump.
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus

Postby sombrero11 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:52 pm

I had an Ironman Triathalon with a bad imitation of a NATO band. I think I paid $17 for it. It lasted me eight years before it finally gave up the ghost. Longer than the Seiko (five years) I got that was supposed to have a ten year battery, and much longer than "Tag Heuer" I bought out of a briefcase in Times Square (ten minutes). I immediately went out and bought another Ironman. Can't beat that kind of value.
sombrero11

Postby media » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:03 am

Every day
Tag Heuer
SCUBA
Seiko
3rd world/work mid priced waterproof what ever.....
Send Lawyers Guns and Money...
media
BFCus Regularus

Postby livn2do » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:41 am

I wear a cheap Wenger AquaGraph Blue dial. Multiple dives, very tough, no problems at all.

http://www.bluedial.com/72178.htm
Fear is temporary. Regret is permanent.
livn2do

Postby Sarmonster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:50 am

I've got a Casio Baby-G I picked up in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
I got it because it was waterproof and had a faceguard (for whitewater trips). It's ugly and a semi-revolting lilac color, no one's been tempted to steal it. Three years, 36 river runs, no complaints.
http://www.casionz.co.nz/default.asp?ObjectID=258&StockCode=BG153B-6
Sarmonster

Postby captain_stu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:49 am

I have an old seiko automatic that was my grandfathers. Otherwise i buy one of those nice looking but totally crap $20 watches at the corner store and use those. Thinking about getting a good diving watch since i plan on taking up the sport with a friend after i have returned from europe, finished my eagle and saved up enough money. Gonna go for the PADI cert.
stu
captain_stu
BFCus Regularus

Watch

Postby vb6041 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 pm

I wear my Omega Schumacher for every day fancy. I use a Breitling Navitimer for sailing and a cheapy TAG for rock climbing.
vb6041

Postby Merces Letifer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:41 pm

My Sandy 650 Type 6 hasn't failed me yet and I've had the damn thing for a dog's age.
Merces Letifer

Postby dagrimes » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:51 am

I have a casio G-shock I wore it til the rubber face came off then carried it in my pocket when I was out and about.

I have never changed the battery in about 20 years and it is still going strong

Now I just use my cell phone, it automatically updates the time no matter where I am.
"Our cause is just, for it I will fight; even for it I am willing to die"
Major General Bryan Grimes, C.S.A. Feb. 1861

Rest in Peace Uncle Bryan

Deo Vindice!
dagrimes

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:43 pm

Sundial.
Sri Lanky

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!