What's your everyday watch?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: What's your everyday watch?

Postby Darcy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Send it back to Omega, they charge an arm and a leg but you get an almost new watch back with a 2 year warranty. I've been wearing this Seamaster all day every day for nearly twenty years, and this past year it's been gaining and dropping time so much I couldn't rely on it, so I sent it off to Omega finally. $600 CAD and 6 weeks later, it's more accurate than a quartz, I've lost about four seconds in the month since I've had it back! My crystal has some damage and I wished they had replaced that too, but gives it some character....

Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 pm

New one....thought these Tudor Black Bay Dark's were uber cool, and threw in the DPx for effect...my latest overseas touring gear....

Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Whats your everyday watch

Postby russlits » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:14 am

that is a good deal. Yeah you are right, "best" is a broad term. I guess what i meant is what is your opinion of the best. Ive been getting Cheaper Than Dirts magazine for years, I dont know why I havent thought to check them.

Thanks
russlits

Postby gnaruki » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Got a Raven Venture over a year ago and still going strong. Pretty cool micro brand https://ravenwatches.com/

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:39 pm

snaark wrote:
ROB wrote:
snaark wrote:How is it? I ask because I have a 1970 Seamaster that's a bit run down. I'm wondering whether it's worth sending it off to omega to get restored.

My everyday watch is a Seiko Sumo. Amazing accuracy for a 500Euro auto. Only downside is the face isn't crystal so it scratches easily.

Not very accurate at all to be honest. I mean, I like it cos I like old and historical stuff, but I'd estimate that it's out by a couple of minutes a week.

Not bad for a watch that's almost old enough to draw a pension I guess. Mine has some sentimental value, but then again the 1000€+ it would cost to restore it would go a long way towards buying a new one...

Do you think it really needs restoration, or just a proper full servicing? My Seamaster is only 20 years and has never been serviced (for which I was scolded). It was losing time, so I took it in last month to the Omega AD and should have it back next month. It's costing BHD 90, which is about EUR 213. So if you're ever in this neck of the woods, bring your watch!
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Not very original, but you can't go wrong with a G-Shock. They are durable, have all the features most people need, are water-resistant to a good depth, shock resistant, and best of all, within the price range of a working man's (or woman's) budget. I've had mind for years and have never had cause to complain. Cost me about $70.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Lost Boy wrote:Not very original, but you can't go wrong with a G-Shock. They are durable, have all the features most people need, are water-resistant to a good depth, shock resistant, and best of all, within the price range of a working man's (or woman's) budget. I've had mind for years and have never had cause to complain. Cost me about $70.

I do love a G-Shock, and have a solar multi-band square (5610, I think) that I love. I recently half succumbed to the smart watch trend and bought a Garmin Instinct. Great battery life if you're not using the GPS much and turn off all the smart notifications (which I loathe), and it's really readable for my declining near sight. It's durable and much less expensive than the Fenix series.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby roach coach » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 am

My Timex was my go-to... until it got swiped by someone. Now I'm a conformist with my Fitbit.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Postby db36046 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 pm

I have an old blue-faced Bulova that I’ve had so long that the glow-in-the-dark dots don’t even glow any more. I wonder what the half-life of those radium isotopes was? I still keep it for when I have to go black tie.

The everyday option is a Garmin Fénix 5x. I wore out one metal band and am back to using the silicone option. It talks to my iPhone and to my Garmin inReach, which is helpful when I’m out of cellphone network range. The GPS and navigation features are nice for the same reason. It looks clunky enough that anyone who doesn’t actually know about high tech watches would probably not pick it out as valuable.
db36046
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lafayette » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:31 pm

I ditched my Garmin Fenix 5x for a Garmin Instinct tactical solar
Have a G-Shock Mudmaster and a GMT Master II
Lafayette

Postby gnaruki » Mon May 29, 2023 5:42 pm

Got an Omega Aquaterra four months ago. So far it's lost 15 seconds v. atomic clock.

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:15 pm

Sweet! Gorgeous watch
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!