CRKT M16-13

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Postby coldharvest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:47 pm

decency is useless in a fight
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby redharen » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 pm

decency is useless in a fight

What? You mean all these rules we came up with for wars are useless, and when people's backs are against the wall, they're not going to care about terms like "fair fight"?

<sniff>
redharen
small ax

Postby Zero » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:06 am

I'll admit that I know nothing about the hideaway's performance as a weapon. I suspect that if I were using it to attack, I would just try to land punches on soft tissue, it's also impossible to disarm.

I'm finding it to be more convenient than any folder (including the CRKT with the clip reversed for 'snap-click from the pocket' action) ever was for day-to-day knife use because you can draw and use it without putting down whatever is in your hand (flashlight, shrink wrapped CD etc). It's also lighter, and just sort of disappears when you put it under your collar.

It's also very hard to see when someone has one equipped, which is why the scare factor drops to zero in my opinion.
Zero
Salva Nos

Postby armsdealer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:06 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:You can return it to CRKT and they will give you a new knife

Some of the older CRKT’s had minor production problems abut now they make them in Taiwan – really high quality stuff

~JITW

A brand new M16-12Z arrived the other day; no questions asked after sending the bad one to CRKT. Great service - thanks again.
armsdealer
BFCus Regularus

Postby Son of Loki » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 am

I used to have the tanto version of the CRKT you are talking about- Really cool knife. I sold it to a friend of mine after another friend gave(!) me a Strider SMF with a copper beryllium blade- way cooler knife, but a bit more pricey.
"Oedipus- Hey, he was the original MILF Hunter!"
- Achilleos Minas
Son of Loki
BFCus Regularus

Re: CRKT M16-13

Postby CONCHOKID » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Ive had one of the CRKT M-16 Carsons for many years. They were very reasonable and well worth the money when I purchased it.Currently I have no idea of what they run compared to other brands, as the one I purchased is still going strong. Ive used it a great deal, it replaced my spyderco knife for everyday use (pocket knife) 10 years ago, and still going strong.
In the past I carried a Swiss Army, like the "climber" model, or a multi tool also.
As for the Fairbairn-Sykes-
My grandfather was Lucien Conein OSS Jedburgh-(Team Mark)France, and his commando fighting went forward into OSS 202 Indochina 45-46, Korea (don't know what he did) and VietNam (CIA, Special Forces, MACV-SOG, etc...) from 1954 until expelled from the country when he was a businessman 1973. He played Cowboys and Indians with the Montagnards, went to British Commando School, most of the schools run by Special Forces and the Army. It seems he tended to like the commando knife. Any Spooks or SF guys out there that served on a B team or places like Phu Bon can tell me what he liked to carry. Somebody may be able to tell me different.Anyway he gave my brother a Fairbairn-Sykes with LuLu engraved on the blade. It is a much larger better built model then those Ive seen or purchased myself, or the current production.Do not know where he got it or what time period. I doubt it was the original issue knife.Its blade is wider, and its longer overall. Maybe came out of Hong Kong for all I know. I just have fond memories of him showing me how to remove a sentry when I was 14 years old.He also had a Kukri he got off a Gurkha when in 45-46 they spit Viet Nam the first time with the Americans, Viet Commandos and Ho's Army in the North, and the British and French in the South.
These knives are probably great for the intended purpose of sentry removal and hand to hand fighting, but of limited use otherwise. The same goes for the Applegate of which Ive gotten most of the models sold. Im more of the school of Bill Bagwell , that a bowie type knife with sharpened false edge, will work for me better. If Im up against the wall, I will take about anything though. Bowies do tend to be a bit heavy and the guy with the butcher or steak knife in Mexico, may just out cut you in a fight with the smaller, lighter, thinner blade. Ive only had these kind of adventures a couple of times and that was enough.
CONCHOKID

Re: CRKT M16-13

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:28 pm

a bowie type knife with sharpened false edge, will work for me better.

Yes Sir, that's the ticket
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!