looking for a very tough 30-35L backpack

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

looking for a very tough 30-35L backpack

Postby Woodsman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Something around 30-35L ~1800-2200 cubic inches to fit a 18-22" torso and have the ability to hold up to 50 lbs. close to the body for running. No flaming homosexual colors please.

Anybody have any idea where I can find something close to this?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 pm

My favorite (but in black) fits like a glove, can carry on and add pouches for more volume. Major pain in the ass for TSA people due to secret pockets, snaps etc.

you can put a camel back in it I take mine out and snap a south african filter canteen on instead.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby flipflop » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Try the Karrimor Sabre Delta 35L - I lugged one through 3 years in Iraq, trekked with it throughout Nepal, Tibet and China and it's going with me as a bug-out bag to Afghanistan soon and still going strong - no tears, rips or broken zips and buckles. Indestructable bloody thing it is, and great for running with weight in it.

http://www.pri.uk.com/ksf/delta35.html

Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby mattm1836 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:17 am

I've got a Kifaru express. Pricey but durable and with extra detachable pockets, you can double the capacity.
mattm1836
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dark11Crusader » Sun May 25, 2008 2:30 am

All the suggestions are good, I would def go with a milspec tactical pack for those purposes. Another thing you might want to check out are the F.A.S.T. packs by TAD gear. They are very similar to a kifaru pack, and ive never owned one, but a buddy of mine has one and swears by it. I've done a lot of research in the area you want, and honestly these things are on my "desperately want" list.

My only problem with them is price, I already have a few packs and honestly can't justifying dropping that amt of money on another. But the things will take a beating and keep truckin, so if you want one pack, id check it out

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/p ... _packs.htm

check them out and let me know what you think. Im super picky about packs, and this is quite possibly what i have found to be closest to the perfect pack for me (save making and engineering my own)
"
Dark11Crusader

FOR RYP

Postby Dark11Crusader » Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 am

Hey RYP,

Why do you specifically prefer a becker patrol style above similar models for size and use?
"
Dark11Crusader

Postby Woodsman » Sun May 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Thanks you all, but I found one that will serve the purpose well. The support looks almost identical to flip flop's suggest below. For $64ish bucks, I couldn't pass it up. I only had to add a couple of straps to make it work near perfectly for me.

Black. is. good.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,85852_Mountainsmith-Needle-Backpack-Internal-Frame.html?cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-LinkShare-_-www.buzzillions.com-_-fDklYaGulKY
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

For RYP regarding the Becker Patrol Pack.

Postby got_fick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:32 pm

I bought the BPP a couple of years ago and will be using it extensively throughout my travels in Southeast Asia. On the top of the pack is a small reflective velcrow tab. I was curious as to what this was used for other than fliping the tab open to expose its reflector. Is that its primary purpose? Thank you for your time.
got_fick

Re: looking for a very tough 30-35L backpack

Postby ExPatJack » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Kifaru makes great stuff, very rugged but can be pricey.

I use a T.A.D Gear EDC but their Patrol size is excellent.
http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/packs%20main/f_a_s_t__pack_p_s_.htm
"I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn't matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth." - Adolf Hitler
"All books are children's books if the kid can read" - Mitch Hedburg
ExPatJack
BFCus Regularus

Re: For RYP regarding the Becker Patrol Pack.

Postby ExPatJack » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:58 pm

got_fick wrote:I bought the BPP a couple of years ago and will be using it extensively throughout my travels in Southeast Asia. On the top of the pack is a small reflective velcrow tab. I was curious as to what this was used for other than fliping the tab open to expose its reflector. Is that its primary purpose? Thank you for your time.

Apparantly its just an IFF marker. Same with the new ACU BDU's, they have a small tab aswell. I guess Americans get lost easily and have to be found.
"I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn't matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth." - Adolf Hitler
ExPatJack
BFCus Regularus

Postby got_fick » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:24 am

This makes perfect sense, thanks for the IFF clarification. Americans don't get lost easily... we just shoot everything that moves. ;)
got_fick

Postby ExPatJack » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:26 pm

got_fick wrote:This makes perfect sense, thanks for the IFF clarification. Americans don't get lost easily... we just shoot everything that moves. ;)

*cough* women and children *cough*
ExPatJack
BFCus Regularus

Postby docjoyce » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:43 am

How are the voodoo bags?
I don't know you

I didn't see the life you have had to live

But I hope someday our children come together

And fill the void that we never did
docjoyce
BFCus Regularus

Postby CONCHOKID » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:46 pm

The Becker Patrol Pack, is very comfortable, its padding is fantastic, the loading features very good, and overall well thought out pack. It has an internal pack pad that keeps the loads off your spine. Its rated for 50lb. load, and on the pack and belt itself you can add other, smaller bags and packs . A great piece of kit. Id read first of its endorsement from Randall Adventure Training, and it took me years to decide if Id really need another pack ( Ive got 6 other rucks of different types). Its been something Im glad that Ive purchased.
CONCHOKID

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!