Anybody found a good durable wallet?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Anybody found a good durable wallet?

Postby Chimborazo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Abuster wrote:I have one made by Maxpedition. Its a little on the "tactical" side, which I don't like. But the damn thing is very durable and has lasted me a long time. I'm hard on wallets.

I just got Maxpedition Spartan Wallet a few days ago. Plenty of space and seems quite durable. Ugly as hell but it'll get the job done.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Used a black leather croft & barrow picked up at Kohl's for $20 for the past 5-6 yrs. Something like this. Kept in front pocket both US & abroad and, um, holds money and credit cards. The Maxpedition looks like a BFCer-type deal but a wallet is a wallet. Usually I don't even bother with one, just carry the amount of money I've estimated for the daily budget in my pocket or a little less and, if I have to carry it around, carry my passport and other crap in its own separate holder. I used this Eagle Creek 'leg stash' recently and liked it over the neck pouch. In 'tactical' black of course.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby redharen » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 am

The most indestructible wallet I ever had was the one I made from duct tape. It wasn't so good in formal situations but it was totally custom, perfect for my needs, and a good conversation piece. And if you need to go from brown to black you can just replace the outer layer of tape.
redharen
small ax

Postby jlivings » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 pm

http://www.darkstarleather.com/

closing in on 10 years with mine. And you can get it with snake skin too!
jlivings

Postby seeker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:28 am

i cannot believe i have had my chain link stoner/biker wallet for 20 years.

only problem that ever happened was the eye was a 1/4" from the edge and a motorcycle wipeout pulled the chain and ripped the eye/chain attachment.

went into an old timey shoestore and the guy trimmed it, punched a new hole further in, and plopped a new metal eye in it. for free.
Maybe some clever line selected from the 'This Will Destroy That' chapter from Victor Hugo's 'Notre Dame de Paris' perhaps? (Ch II). Or maybe something from The Mighty Boosh.
seeker
BFCus Regularus

Postby neelix » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Small pelican attache filled with unmarked tens twenties and euros. Equip as you go. Throw away everything and purchase id for plane ride home in new clothes.
So long and thanks for all the fish
D Adams
neelix

Postby Fansy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:58 pm

used my Dorsa Leather brand iranian made wallet daily for almost 6 years now and its showing very little sign of wear and tear. i'd say any well-stitched quality leather wallet is about all you'll need for most applications that require a wallet. plus unless you get a shitty colored one that shows scratches and shit you wont need a separate one for formal occasions.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HiTek RedNek » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Maxpedition makes some great wallets.
Go to- http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/vie ... ategory=11
HiTek RedNek

Postby OneLungMcClung » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:15 am

I use a cheap $3.00 business card carrier for my credit cards and ID, and a money clip for cash. They don't go in the same pockets. The card carrier lasts about 3-5 years, and I pick one up @ Staples or Office Depot when it starts to break down.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 am

I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Shujaa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Search wallet on eBay and go for lowest price. You'll get a lot of Thai and HK stuff. Make sure you choose a good one, Ideally made of canvas and buy a few. I've survived off these cheapies for years. Just make sure you choose well. There's a lot of crap and few good ones.
Made a new video on world conflicts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fXrabo8xc0
Please comment and let me know what you, think, no matter how cruel or horrible.
Shujaa

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!