Chevy Camaro

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Chevy Camaro

Postby lightstalker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 pm

IT_whipping_boy wrote:My neighbor just took delivery on the new Camero.

I think the dealers are seriously jacking the price over MSRP because she paid almost $50,000 for the V8 version. The styling is nice and the engine is throaty but after some test driving, I think the handling is shit. Not sure if it’s the weight, over-steering or suspension but a Civic takes corners better corners than this thing. Maybe I’m just used to lighter cars. The Corvette is definitely a better choice for almost the same cost. More power, looks sexier, active suspension, tighter steering and better, well, everything.

Active suspension?. GM still build Corvette's with leaf springs for gods sake. That's the kind of suspension you will find on a old golf cart. The only decent Corvette that really means business is the Z06, but it costs 75,000 dollars
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm

IT_whipping_boy wrote:My neighbor just took delivery on the new Camero.

I think the dealers are seriously jacking the price over MSRP because she paid almost $50,000 for the V8 version.

GM is debating using e-bay to sell their cars directly to the public at MSRP. Imagine that: A car listed for $25,000 that sells for $25,000. What a blasting concept.

Fuck the dealers. They are not needed these days with the internet and all. But poor Chrysler is stuck with them due to a court order and I suspect other companies will be similarly burdened.

I bet more people would buy more new cars if it were not for dealers.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby IT_whipping_boy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I agree that the worst part about buying a car is the dealers but Ebay? That’s pretty lame considering Volkswagen has been letting people buy cars online for some time. They even have these queer promotional custom colors for the Bug that you can only get online. I think Porsche has the best website. You can build a car with all the options you want while viewing it in 3D at each stage.
“Thinking that merely a positive attitude will bring you success is like parachuting with a handkerchief.”
IT_whipping_boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:12 am

Fuck the dealers. They are not needed these days with the internet and all. But poor Chrysler is stuck with them due to a court order and I suspect other companies will be similarly burdened.

The dealers are sitting pretty with their CARS money though. Didn't we just approve $2 bil for that program?

If I were an American car salesman I might start reading up on computers and get into tech sales at the very least. Adapt or die.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!