Knife advice needed

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Knife advice needed

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:54 am

If you need to cut open the plastic strips on thinks like server cases then grab a pair of EMT shears, they work great

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby RYP » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 pm

"The pointy part goes in the other man."

words we and many gays can all live by

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby SigmaTramp » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 am

I'm an orderly at a hospital, and as much as I like knives, there's no way they'd let me carry one. so, I carry one of these on my keys or ID/security cards.

http://www.absorbentprinting.com/tools-and-knives/box-cutters/box-cutters/box-cutter-key-ring

Mine's not from the same company, but It's not immediately taken to be a knife, so I can still cut boxes, paper, plastic ties, etc.

Be a real smart- arse and get a few with your company's logo on it.

Edited to say; I just realised you have to order them in bulk. You can probably find them singularly if you look around though!
"The fastest way to a man's heart, is his sternum."
SigmaTramp

Postby RYP » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:15 pm

al qaeda's all over it.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby neelix » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:00 am

coldharvest wrote:Why not just say "Blow me you trembling bed-wetters, what fuckin' Mall were you fired from"?

gotta go with coldharvest

go with the fixed blade or the ball peen screw the tricky stuff
So long and thanks for all the fish
D Adams
neelix

Postby Woodsman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:26 am

Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Koevoet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Kurt wrote:I don't want a stabby thing I want a cutty thing for work. I actually really use one handed opening knives for work as I have one of the few jobs where I have to climb a ladder, brace myself with one hand and I open up a knife to cut through defective rj11 and DB9 cables.

But that is not relevant now since all sharp things have been banned (I work in a secure building that has become annoyingly more secure).

Hammers and pen refills are something I can have though...so I am free to write, stab and bash.

A Benchmade Rescue Hook may be a handy tool for you to carry.

http://www.benchmade.com/images/pr/pdf/ ... Family.pdf
Koevoet

Postby charles1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:55 am

I am not really familiar with that knife, don't be worry i will do a research with that knife, so that i could give an advice.
charles1

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 am

charles1 wrote:I am not really familiar with that knife, don't be worry i will do a research with that knife, so that i could give an advice.

Oliver Cromwell wrote:I not be worry. I do before a research with this knife. Card catalog is will simpler than knife.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby DBR » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Without saying the company, what type of work are you doing that "security" would even have a concern with a pocketknife? Did they spot the clip as well?

If so, drop the knife in your pocket.

Are they wanding you or visually spotting this or pat down or what?
I was on my way back from the P.O., not the Parole Officer, but the Post Office, and I was being followed by Yuri and Sergei Cutchikokoff. Normally these guys were my Ketel One dealers, but today was much, much different...

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

Postby coldharvest » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:24 pm

I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:39 am

They even ask me what I need to do at work during the day with my multitool before they let me in.

So, no more knives at work.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby DBR » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:18 pm

How do they know you have it?
I was on my way back from the P.O., not the Parole Officer, but the Post Office, and I was being followed by Yuri and Sergei Cutchikokoff. Normally these guys were my Ketel One dealers, but today was much, much different...

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

Postby JLR » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:36 am

I've had a couple of contracts to provide I.T. service inside a federal building, and I had to check my SOG multi-tool at the door -- even though I had no other tools with me to accomplish what I needed to do. A walk-through metal detector with wand back-up was used to screen for "dangerous things." This is something many of us in the I.T. field experience on a routine basis.

The original poster might be interested to know that Leatherman has introduced a knifeless version of their Fuse full-size multi-tool. See http://www.leatherman.com/products/product.asp?id=14&f=6&c=1 for info. The wire cutters are handy for cables and the ties that bind them.
JLR

Postby DBR » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Back in 1989, Calibre Press introduced a training video that changed the face of law enforcement when it came to knives and other, sharp and pointy implements. It probably saved more than a few lives but because it created an atmosphere of paranoid hypersensitivity, it has probably also ruined more lives than it saved. "Surviving Edged Weapons" cited that the common screwdriver was the #2 weapon in the "edged weapons" category, even though that is not the intended use for a screwdriver, for "civilian homicide" in the United States. I doubt if the screwdriver has lost much of its stature.

Someone should tell Wackenoffs/Wackjobs and TSA Untersturmfuhrers that it doesn't have to be a knife to wipe someone out.

I'm amazed that because of a few cave-hiding troglodytes and bedwetters in our society we are devolving from a tool-using civilization to something that is going to be down to eating with hands and writing with crayons soon.

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!