New Indian..Again

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

New Indian..Again

Postby RYP » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:58 am

I was around for the launch of this pig in Sturgis. They kinda overdid the Indian thing and even put a bounty out for the people that had loaners when they went tits up. Big bikes are selling like anthrax inhalers now but this is nice looking bike

Riding a motorcycle through 114-degree heat isn’t my idea of a good time, but I was tired of waiting for the new Indian Chief, and Dante’s Inferno was the closest location I could find. The not-so-new debut from the latest incarnation of Indian Motorcycle, the Chief has been on the market since January. It just hasn’t cleared the emissions hurdles to be available for sale in California, which is why I traveled to Mesa, Ariz., this week to ride one.

Welts and heat blisters be damned. The 2009 Chief was worth it.

To be honest, I didn’t really know what to expect from the bike before I got there. Despite its 108-year legacy, the Indian brand, and the bikes that have been built in its name, have been fumbled more times than a football by a second-string running back. Sure, the pictures I’d seen looked great, but so do a lot of fashion models until you see them in person without the benefit of an airbrush. I needed to see and experience the bike up close, which I got to do at a place called Chester’s – a Harley-Davidson dealer that has separated Tonto from its American sidekick with a stand-alone building devoted entirely to Indian merch and motorcycles.(See video after the jump).
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: New Indian..Again

Postby lmetrucking » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am

The last version was, in my opinion, an overpriced P.O.S. It particularly bugged me that the R&D guys didnt develop their own powerplant but just went with S&S. Is the new motor their own development? It looks like an aftermarket pan from the picture.
At least that Cleric is not obsessed with cocks and things that might be thought of as cocks by a cock obsessed person.- Kurt
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:35 pm

A deluxe Chief costs $31,999.........suck my balls Indian.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Hooligan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 am

I agree it is nice looking but on the over priced side. I personally really like the harley cross and bones edition. I would have over $10,000 left over.
Hooligan

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 am

Hooligan wrote:I agree it is nice looking but on the over priced side. I personally really like the harley cross and bones edition. I would have over $10,000 left over.

+1
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 pm

I'm sticking with my Jap bikes (Yamaha and Honda). Harley Davidson can kiss my ass for stifling Buell.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!