Keychain with USB drive, light, and blade?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Keychain with USB drive, light, and blade?

Postby redfax » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Does anybody know of a single multitool or whatever containing these three (and hopefully only these three) functions?

I think they cover about 95 percent of my tool needs, and I'd rather not have to pack three different gadgets. Ideally in black, or brushed metal finish.

Anybody know of something like this?
Mr. Andrea Matranga
andreamatranga.googlepages.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Those who aren't afraid to die for their ideals, can only die once. The others die every day."
Paolo Borsellino, who only died once
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Re: Keychain with USB drive, light, and blade?

Postby Chimborazo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 pm

This is the best I could do - http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/ad41/
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby redfax » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks, that's as close as anything I'd found! Actually but I was hoping for something a little cooler i.e.:

1. not transluscent red
2. white led instead of red: ever tried tracking the bloodstains of a wounded foe in the dark using a red light? Good luck with that! :D :D But seriously white LEDs are cooler.
3. cooler blade shape, and who needs a nail file? Bottle opener would have been better.

In short, something like this, but with a usb drive thrown in http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/c48b/

I might buy the swiss knife and then modify it (paint it black, change the led).

Come to think of it, I wonder why nobody ever marketed DIY-multi tools... you buy various sized cases and tools and then bolt them on yourself (or have somebody with the equivalent sophistication of a keysmith do it for you). It would beat the shit out of marketing 80 models of swiss army knifes... maybe i should shoot them an email.
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 pm

This one says it's white - http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/products/details.aspx?PID=5875752&rsmainid=ND0130014

As for tracking a bleeding creature, isn't green better for that? Personally, I'd find the exact tool I wanted without the USB, so I could keep my data safe while allowing me to abuse my tool....uh, that sounded weird. I agree with you about the nail file. No real man would use that, that's what bi-monthly manicures are for.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby redfax » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Hmm that's a valid point about abusing the tool. I might get te ckrt, and a separate usb keychain.

I used to have a creative muvo TX, which was col because it was an mp3 player but also a usb drive (no need to bring a cable) unfortunately they don't make them anymore (there's a few generics, but they're bulky and break down easily).

Technically the complementary color to red is cyan... exactly between red and green. But since i am often called to track wounded alien life forms whose fluids do not necessarily contain hemoglobyn, I prefer a white light to keep my options open :D
Mr. Andrea Matranga
"Those who aren't afraid to die for their ideals, can only die once. The others die every day."
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Actually redfax, you made me think of an important question I've never asked. I always assumed zombie blood had hemoglobin. Does it?
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Actually redfax, you made me think of an important question I've never asked. I always assumed zombie blood had hemoglobin. Does it?

No, it doesn't because they don't need air.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby coldharvest » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:10 pm

hemphead wrote:I only known only one multi-tools that has multi-functionality. The victorinox knife.

victorinox blows victoricocks
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby marie-angelique » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 am

sorry, couldn't help myself.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby redfax » Sun May 02, 2010 1:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc0jqcWM-mQ

kind of big, but i'm pretty sure that's the most serious blade you can get on a multi tool.
Mr. Andrea Matranga
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:56 pm

redfax wrote:Does anybody know of a single multitool or whatever containing these three (and hopefully only these three) functions?

I think they cover about 95 percent of my tool needs, and I'd rather not have to pack three different gadgets. Ideally in black, or brushed metal finish.

So how do you open beer bottles? Teeth?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby redfax » Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
redfax wrote:Does anybody know of a single multitool or whatever containing these three (and hopefully only these three) functions?

So how do you open beer bottles? Teeth?

Lighter, fork, other beer bottle, ledge... endless list, really...
Mr. Andrea Matranga
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!