Three of Hitlers cars up for sale

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Three of Hitlers cars up for sale

Postby Devlin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:25 pm

You just don't see this everyday. There are photos and a video in the link.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/29/thre ... n-w-video/

Got $9,000,000 burning a hole in your pocket? If so, have we got an offer for you. Not one, not two, but three Mercedes-Benz G4 W-131 six-wheelers are up for grabs. Interesting, the cars have been appraised at $3.3 million each, so $9 million is basically a million dollars off! There is one catch, however. You're going to have to forever be explaining to people why you spend nine million bucks on three of Hitler's old cars.

Yes, that Hitler. Who, despite his innumerable faults, did in fact have great taste in cars. Not only did Der Fuhrer typically ride around in the oh-so-beautiful Mercedes-Benz 540K, but he instructed Ferdinand Porsche to go on and steal the Tatra T97 from the Czechs, turning the design into the Volkswagen Beetle. When Dr. Porsche voiced his concern about a Tatra lawsuit, Hitler reassured the good doctor that he'd "settle the matter," which Hitler did by invading Czechoslovakia. Curiously, good taste in cars seems to be a trait shared with other scumbag genocidal dictators -- Idi Amin owned seven Citroen SMs!

The three Mercedes up for sale are three of eight Hitler-owned G4s, that were stashed around Deutschland at his various castles. Only fifty-seven G4 W-131s were ever made, total. Here we have a convertible parade car for Hitler and Eva Braun (blue), a luggage car that could quickly be converted into an ambulance (gray) and a radio car so Hitler could order the invasion of Yugoslavia whenever the mood struck his fancy (black). The cars have six-wheels and are quite truckish because Hitler spent a lot of time rolling through the bombed out streets of cities he'd just blitzkrieged.

The three G4 W-131s actually do have some nifty Nazi tech, like 5.0 or 5.4-liter straight eight motors shared (though not supercharged) with the aforementioned 540K, four driven rear wheels with locking diffs and self sealing tires. And both the luggage car and radio car are (probably) the only examples ever built. Furthermore, the luggage car was used in Hogan's Heroes. However, how you'd ever get past the stigma of the original owner is beyond us
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: Three of Hitlers cars up for sale

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Damn, those are beautiful.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby samanthajohn71 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 am

wow! i checked the link! amazing black Mercedes that was! hey! Adolf man you enjoyed amazing ride for sure! i wonder, Hitler is one of its kind! anyways! i am search of a car, having a budget! but may be i can get some ideas from your shared resources! i mean, some customization i can afford, i contacted one used car sheffield dealer but it is too far to handle my choices!
samanthajohn71

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I once nearly bought Herman Goering's cigar humidor, with provenance, "liberated" from his Berchtesgaten compound, for £300 (about $580 at the time) and a mate of mine owns Mussolini's typewriter, given to Il Duce by Himmler.

nothing to do with cars I know.... Just sayin'

As fot that used car Sheffiled dealer, he's a spam cunt.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

This one is sweet

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby vetparatrooper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

In my opinion I wold love to buy one if I had the money but first one question....where is the money going that is paid for these vehicles.....because honestly FUCK hitler and any of his descendents who might have fallen on hard times.
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm

vetparatrooper wrote:In my opinion I wold love to buy one if I had the money but first one question....where is the money going that is paid for these vehicles.....because honestly FUCK hitler and any of his descendents who might have fallen on hard times.

It will be the descendants of some WWII American Master Sgt more likely
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Caliban wrote:
vetparatrooper wrote:In my opinion I wold love to buy one if I had the money but first one question....where is the money going that is paid for these vehicles.....because honestly FUCK hitler and any of his descendents who might have fallen on hard times.

.....still, you wouldn't want the money to fall into the hands of Adolf Hitler jnr.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby redharen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Wasn't one of these cars stolen by Jon Lovitz?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRu7KFdILmQ
redharen
small ax

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Caliban wrote:

.....still, you wouldn't want the money to fall into the hands of Adolf Hitler jnr.

or the twins

Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby vetparatrooper » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:42 am

yeah exactly I am catholic and that is exactly why I no longer atttend mass...i refuse to say that I believe in one Holy Catholic Church and Pope Benedict...I will not attend mass while a former Nazi Youth memeber is holdig that office..they should have elected this guy:

Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson

Cardinal Turkson at a mass for Pope John Paul II in 1995. Born a British subject in the former Gold Coast, he has studied nine languages

Why John Paul II favored Ratzinger at all...as was all of sudden reported by media after the Sede vacante and the papal election and the announcement of former Nazi youth member Ratzinger as Benedict XVI.... and the fact that he was automatically given 7-1 odds right after John Paul II's death... smells of a papal coup of some sort to me....but then I am a fan of Dan Brown's fictional works too and since I have been drinking Scotch all night I probably should not be "pontificating" on any of this. All I have to say is thank God is he is fricking old as hell ...Hopefully we wil not have to endure his papal reign too much longer.

Anyways...goodonya to whichever American MSGT was able to get one of those cars out of the former Nazi Germany after WW2 and if they get the money then that is fair enough to me...

Anyway...getting ready to hunker down for the next Winter Weather Advisory...thanks to whoever wrote the Scotch thread by the way as I was able to go to the liquor store today before the big storm with some fresh ideas on how to avoid cabin fever...
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:24 am

Those are cool but not affordable unless you are dumb and rich.

Check out this.

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/onlin ... spx?page=2

If more pages have been added then look for The Marvel Collection.

These are movie set cars from Captain America...and they are cool and affordable. I want the Essex Straight 8.

and the Buick.

And the 1940 Caddy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:06 am

Kurt wrote:Those are cool but not affordable unless you are dumb and rich.

Check out this.

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/onlin ... spx?page=2

If more pages have been added then look for The Marvel Collection.

These are movie set cars from Captain America...and they are cool and affordable. I want the Essex Straight 8.

and the Buick.

And the 1940 Caddy.

Thanks for that
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 pm

If I was a super-hero or super villian called "The Owl" I would get this car and modify it a bit.

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Kurt wrote:If I was a super-hero or super villian called "The Owl" I would get this car and modify it a bit.

Is it a bird ? Yes. Is it a plane? No, I just said ,its a bird.
It 's .... Tuweetuwooman
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!