Need a 9mm beretta holster

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Need a 9mm beretta holster

Postby bearanddragon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I used to own 2. Never thought I'd need one again, so I gave them away. But I need one now. Are there any good holsters you really like? I'm primarily looking for comfort, since I don't expect to be using it. And I'm not a gear queer, so I'm not spending over 100 bucks on one either...either a belt based or thigh based one...
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Re: Need a 9mm beretta holster

Postby Devlin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:53 am

I use a Fobus holster for a Glock 26. They make a good product and they will not break the bank.

http://www.fobusholster.com/
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:50 pm

As long as its leather you are good

~James
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby bearanddragon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:26 am

JamesInTheWorld wrote:As long as its leather you are good

~James

not sure if you're being serious or not here JITW! If you are, why, pray tell?
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 am

bearanddragon wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:As long as its leather you are good

~James

not sure if you're being serious or not here JITW! If you are, why, pray tell?

Leather unlike nylon will eventually conform to your body (the way you sit, stand, walk, ect), sort of like Leather boots VS Nylon Boots. Something that nylon will never do no matter how log you wear it

In the long run it will make for a more comfortable fit, it may take a month before it is broken in, but in my opinion it is worth the temporary discomfort

If you take care of a leather holster it could literally last forever, nylon will last 1 one to 2 years max if you wear it everyday

Besides custom made I like Galco leather holsters – they are the ones that made the original “Miami Vice” holster

http://www.usgalco.com/

But I would look around your local area for an old school leather maker, he will be able to make you a nice one for less than 100 bucks

~James G
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:08 pm

I agree with James if you're talking about every day carry, especially concealed. My favorite "off the rack" for my Glock and 1911 is the Galco Concealable. Takes a while to break in, but it's very comfortable. I also have a Kramer for my P7M8, but it doesn't conceal as well as the Galco. Mitch Rosen makes some nice stuff, but it's expensive and takes a while (although he now has an "express" line of holsters). Another holster I liked for my Glock was dubbed by whoever the maker was (can't remember) the Secret Service model, because apparently they used it one time. Again, I didn't like it as much as the Galco Concealable, but it was my go to when I needed a thumb break and I much prefered it to the Galco Fletch. If you need a thumb break and are interested, let me know and I'll dig it out to get you the maker.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 am

What did you end up buying?

~James
JamesInTheWorld

Postby bearanddragon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 am

sorry, out in the field for the past week.

i will make my purchase within a couple weeks - i don't head overseas for a month or so
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby thewalrus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:38 pm

How did a question about holsters for the M9 turn into concealed carry? Those things are huge and heavy, steel-framed if I recall right... They weigh a ton and have a giant handle. Unless you're Andre the Giant how do you conceal one?
thewalrus
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:28 pm

thewalrus wrote:How did a question about holsters for the M9 turn into concealed carry? Those things are huge and heavy, steel-framed if I recall right... They weigh a ton and have a giant handle. Unless you're Andre the Giant how do you conceal one?

I'm a small dude and I can conceal a 1911 if weather or circumstances permit a light covering garment. I have to be careful about printing, but I can do it. I'd argue an M9 would be a bit easier due to the slightly rounded butt versus the 1911's sharp angles. You're right though, it's less than ideal for concealed carry.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

If you're using the holster for outside carry, or taking your piece to the sandbox, I'd seriously recommend something in kydex instead of leather. You can get a pretty good Blackhawk retention holster for around $50 if you shop around. Durable, dependable, and you don't have to worry about snapping/unsnapping the button whenever you draw or re-holster it, or the retention strap getting in the way when you re-holster. You can also get a variety of configurations for it.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby bearanddragon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 am

thanks fellas. I will wait another week. I just found out I will be issued 2, in addition to the stupid POS I just got. If I like the ones I'm given, i'll just roll with that...
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:36 pm

What brand are you getting issued?

~James
JamesInTheWorld

Postby bearanddragon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:47 pm

probably a blackhawk, i'm guessing a SERPA thigh. I've used them before, but the thing is held together by velcro, which after a couple months, tends to fall apart on you especially if you're moving around. I've also used the CQC type, which is a little better. I was most impressed with a retention holster (I can't remember the brand so I don't have a pic) but it had a thumb operated release - which was useful when I was out and about a lot. But this job has me tucked away safely behind a desk.

bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 pm

I keep hearing bad things about the SERPA’s breaking, may be true, I have never used one so I don’t know

~James
JamesInTheWorld

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!