New Cop Car

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: New Cop Car

Postby ktrout » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:40 pm

lightstalker wrote:"eco-boost" sounds gay as fuck... Does the car come with a flower vase as well?

THIS is a cop car:

Looks too much like a Volkswagen Beetle. Does it come with a flower vase?
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aussie TJS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 am

This is my states (Victoria) current highway patrol cop car:

Happiness is only a reality when shared
The goal is to Survive or die for a cause - I'll let Jah choose which one
'A weapon in any country is a faster way to trouble than using your brain' - vagabond
Aussie TJS
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 pm

The Police Spinners were the coolest thing about that movie.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:15 pm

aap wrote:I'll see that half-baked piece of German engineering and raise you this better designed but poorer built Italian monster:

Lamborghini's are designed and source parts from Audi, the new Lambos use Audi drivetrains.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby IT_whipping_boy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Dabbi wrote:
aap wrote:I'll see that half-baked piece of German engineering and raise you this better designed but poorer built Italian monster:

Lamborghini's are designed and source parts from Audi, the new Lambos use Audi drivetrains.

So? That pic totally spanks my speed weasel.
“Thinking that merely a positive attitude will bring you success is like parachuting with a handkerchief.”
IT_whipping_boy
BFCus Regularus

Car

Postby el3so » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Aussie TJS wrote:This is my states (Victoria) current highway patrol cop car

Getting closer...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Car

Postby Aussie TJS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:03 am

el3so wrote:Getting closer...

The pic didn't work, what was it, you've intrigued me

Heres also a useless hummer Melbourne has been using, such a bloody useless vehicle

Happiness is only a reality when shared
The goal is to Survive or die for a cause - I'll let Jah choose which one
'A weapon in any country is a faster way to trouble than using your brain' - vagabond
Aussie TJS
BFCus Regularus

Postby mitchsnider » Tue May 18, 2010 1:37 am

This is the one we have been watching for several years now and waiting to come on line. It is very, very close now.

Carbon Motors

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

mitchsnider

Re: Car

Postby ktrout » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 am

Aussie TJS wrote:Image

I don't know how they could have made an H3 even more gay. But they actually succeeded.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:I thought the Taurus was canceled

~JITW

Apparantly not. Knew a guy who had a Taurus SHO. What a piece of shite. And Detroit wonders why they are tits up.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby sdg » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:47 pm

AztecDave wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:I thought the Taurus was canceled

~JITW

Apparantly not. Knew a guy who had a Taurus SHO. What a piece of shite. And Detroit wonders why they are tits up.

The funny thing about the first gen Taurus is that it was a complete pile but the SHO engine was incredibly well engineered. There are not a lot of stock V6's that can turn almost 9000 RPM. Ford limited RPM to keep the engine accessories from grenading (and probably idiot consumers as well). Peaking inside those engines reveals a lot of really trick stuff that is generally reserved for high-end ultra high-performance cars.

The second generation Taurus was a big improvement.
-Steve
sdg

Postby dano » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Being an LEO for almost 15 years, I've driven quite a few cop-cars, form the old Ford Fairmonts to the Caprices, CVPI's, etc. Never driven one of the new Dodges, though.

There's a HUGE problem with the new cars coming: FWD (front wheel drive) and/or AWD (all wheel drive). At least in California, all Officers driving a non-RWD (rear wheel drive) police vehicle will have to get re-trained. With no budgets in bankrupt Cali, especially the larger cities (L.A., San Diego, San Jose, S.F.)will not have the money to put 2000 members through an new driver training course. Some other issues: No Dept. will pay the extra maintenance costs for the turbos that Ford wants to use (I.E. "Ecoboost") or the AWD drive train. All these cars have a center console mounted shifter, which will not work with laptop mounts or in dash MVT mounts. All these cars are unibody, which will dramatically increase repair bills after an accident.

Carbon Motors? They screwed up with that BMW diesel powerplant. No large municipality will use diesel in a police car, mainly due to supply issues and diesel fuel costs, not to mention that they have no dealer or repair network infrastructure.

The current CVPI is a piece of crap, but it's really the only car that still fits in the traditional patrol car model.
dano

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:49 am

Next town over from mine swapped their crown vic's for chargers a few years ago.
They don't look too horribly gay.
Kinda difficult to spot them behind you though, when they've got a really thin led lightbar.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Kurt » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

One thing American engineers do great is taking the thing they have and making it much better no latter how old it is. I think they could have re-done the Crown Vic much in the same way Chevy has re-done the OHV V-8 to be more powerful and more fuel efficient that the OHC multi valved Euro v-8s that used to make fun of us.

But Ford seems to have more competence than other auto makers and their fleet division has kept cops and cabbies happy for years (and their mechanics) so they will probably do just fine with the Taurus.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:57 am

lightstalker wrote:"eco-boost" sounds gay as fuck... Does the car come with a flower vase as well?

THIS is a cop car:

Yes

Driven by him -

"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!