Hammocks

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Have you ever slept overnight in a hammock?

Yes; it was great. It cured my hangover/spinal injury/etc and gave me a permanent +1 to Constitution.
75%
Yes. It was awful. I hated it and will never do it again.
6%
No; I have been missing out and will mend my vertical ways.
13%
No, hammocks are the seasick bed of heathens.
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: Hammocks

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Woodsman wrote:Well if I get over to SEA, and I am gunning for this project - I'm bringing my own exped. hammock and we can compare and contrast then.

I will put the $7 hammock against any other on the planet. A basic unattached tarp for a rainfly, the length is good, side entry, and a minimum of extra bits to break and lose. Yes some of the plastic parts are cheaply made but its the jungle baby, if you cant find a twig or piece of bamboo to replace the crappy plastic dowel for the netting than you have no business in the jungle. And you can spend the left over $193 on booze, drugs, girls, or exotic animal parts.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Well if I get over to SEA, and I am gunning for this project - I'm bringing my own exped. hammock and we can compare and contrast then.

I will put the $7 hammock against any other on the planet. A basic unattached tarp for a rainfly, the length is good, side entry, and a minimum of extra bits to break and lose. Yes some of the plastic parts are cheaply made but its the jungle baby, if you cant find a twig or piece of bamboo to replace the crappy plastic dowel for the netting than you have no business in the jungle. And you can spend the left over $193 on booze, drugs, girls, or exotic animal parts.

I'm not doubting you a bit - in fact, that bed of yours might even be better than the one I got as a gift (but cost my mom $100 or so), but I'm looking forward to seeing it, you, your family, having a little risky fun dodging mines, having a meal and drinking a beer or two at your place, and being a co-star in an upcoming karaoke video.

Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:04 am

Ultra Swain wrote:

Seriously, the Mosquito Expedition looks almost identical to what's hanging in that building. The only thing I'm concerned about is the zipper, otherwise it's pretty stout.
Check out the shipping to the US on one of those and I'll buy one to compare if it's only twenty bucks or so.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:11 am

ktrout wrote:
Ultra Swain wrote:

Seriously, the Mosquito Expedition looks almost identical to what's hanging in that building. The only thing I'm concerned about is the zipper, otherwise it's pretty stout.
Check out the shipping to the US on one of those and I'll buy one to compare if it's only twenty bucks or so.

They may look similar, but this one here is pretty cheaply made and the bizzare faux army survival stuff written on the sucker though hilarious would never pass muster for anything sold in the states. I am sure the mosquito is stouter, and of much higher quality. But damn dude, this thing is $7 bucks, its a sore dick, you just can't beat it! ;)
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!