Shoes: New Balance 2002's

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Shoes: New Balance 2002's

Postby Fansy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:49 pm

New Balance 2002 with LYNCO L400 inserts

so i got a pair of 2002s recently (retail $230-240):

new balance website: http://www.newbalance.com/products/MR2002/
sample retailer listing: http://www.superrunnersshop.com/men-s-r ... -p214.html
with some reviews: http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/men- ... oe-reviews

although the insert is nice already, i upgraded to this LYNCO orthotic (retail $55-60):

http://www.feetrelief.com/feetrelief/Lynco_L400.htm
also: http://www.orthoticshop.com/custom-orth ... etrex.html

-----

first off, most comfortable shoe/insert combination ever. i have intermittent knee problems and high archs, and with these i can stand for hours and not feel a thing. I havent been a regular runner for years, so i didnt buy them for that. just wanted comfortable exercise/working/standing shoes that would keep my legs/knees/feet feeling fresh. so far, these are working great.

theyre sturdier than most runnin shoes (as with the earlier 2000's and 2001's if youre familiar with new balance topend line). the benefit of these is that they actually look better than most new balance shoes, including the older models, theyre darker so they show wear and tear way less, and by all accounts (including my own) they're the best new balance shoes yet. they also come in like 3-4 different widths for each shoe size, which is fukn good for me since i like/need em wider.

as a fan of light-as-possible shoes, these are well within my acceptable limits. theyre comparable to light-to-medium weight trail runners, but not as light as the lightest running shoes out there. assuming this is a result of the extra sturdiness, its probably gonna work out in my favor, since i'll be doing a lot more than daily jogs in these. the tread also looks a bit more trail-runnery than typical running shoes, but prolly would have trouble in slippery + hard or muddy surfaces. i've yet to test that out tho.

water-wise, i imagine these wouldnt be ideal. you could go to some effort to water seal them, but you might as well get a pair of shoes made for that environmnt. all in all, a great shoe for keepin your feet and legs pain-free throughout the day, and i imagine i won't be taking many trips where i plan to walk or hike without them.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Re: Shoes: New Balance 2002's

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

You must be very, very wealthy.

Without wasting my time on google, are these made in U.S. with internationally sourced material?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

i mean i dont pay retail for my stuff. those are reference prices. besides you should be spending a lot on shoes. def more than most other apparel/gear/toys/etc
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Fansy wrote:i mean i dont pay retail for my stuff. those are reference prices. besides you should be spending a lot on shoes. def more than most other apparel/gear/toys/etc

Agreed. The most two important items in one's life are their footwear and their bed.

These are U.S. made, with materials sourced internationally - is that correct?
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:13 am

Woodsman wrote:
Fansy wrote:i mean i dont pay retail for my stuff. those are reference prices. besides you should be spending a lot on shoes. def more than most other apparel/gear/toys/etc

Agreed. The most two important items in one's life are their footwear and their bed.

These are U.S. made, with materials sourced internationally - is that correct?

i dont know that shit u hairy fuk go look it up yerself. im sure its the most cynical/baseline "made in usa" interpretation that's possible/legal. if i was reviewing them for patriotic workmanship i wouldve not only whined about the non-us flag color scheme and multilanguage size tag but i also woulda been a complete douche since that shit doesnt matter 1 iota in our fuckface globalized economy.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Fansy wrote:i dont know that shit u hairy fuk go look it up yerself. im sure its the most cynical/baseline "made in usa" interpretation that's possible/legal. if i was reviewing them for patriotic workmanship i wouldve not only whined about the non-us flag color scheme and multilanguage size tag but i also woulda been a complete douche since that shit doesnt matter 1 iota in our fuckface globalized economy.

It only matters to those that value their countrymen to be employed.

Apparently, it doesn't matter to you.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:07 pm

i disregard and/or dislike my countrymen as much as anyone else. why should their putative plight and my putative ability to help ameliorate it influence my actions.

the shoes+inserts are spectacular. ill be returning to the dust anywhere from a couple years to several decades from now and these shoes will render the interim more active, more interesting, less cumbersome, and less inane. i dont care if hitler stalin and pol pot colluded to supply the necess raw materials directly from the blood of their slain innocents. my legs and feet feel better and fuck all the rest.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Fansy wrote:i disregard and/or dislike my countrymen as much as anyone else. why should their putative plight and my putative ability to help ameliorate it influence my actions.

To ensure this:
supply the necess raw materials directly from the blood of their slain innocents.

doesn't happen to you.

fuck all the rest.

you go then they go.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:33 pm

NB makes some very nice hiking boots. I was very suprised.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Woodsman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:47 pm

They are making some minimalist shoes that will be out in 2011. They look like they're going to be stellar - hard to say though.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Woodsman wrote:They are making some minimalist shoes that will be out in 2011. They look like they're going to be stellar - hard to say though.

Like Vivo Barefoot or Nike Free type kicks?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:57 pm

shooz is shooz. This thread is like some butch sex in the city conversation...
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:15 pm

RYP wrote:shooz is shooz. This thread is like some butch sex in the city conversation...

No city here and you know better, but I digress...

Those NB minimus:

Also, Merrell + Vibram = stylish looking new minimalist venture:

Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Woodsman wrote:
Fansy wrote:These are U.S. made, with materials sourced internationally - is that correct?

Who cares, like 90% of everything you own was made in China or with Chinese investment money

The "Made in the USA" thing is no longer existent

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Woodsman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:12 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Woodsman wrote:
Fansy wrote:These are U.S. made, with materials sourced internationally - is that correct?

Who cares, like 90% of everything you own was made in China or with Chinese investment money

The "Made in the USA" thing is no longer existent

~JITW

See above for who cares.

Made in the USA is very much existent, though it is not what it used to be - though that will change shortly.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!