Shit You Find On Ebay Dept: Sea Harrier

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Shit You Find On Ebay Dept: Sea Harrier

Postby RYP » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:27 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-BAE ... 614wt_1167

Offered for sale is one 1998 British Aerospace Sea Harrier FA2, tail # ZH806. The total time on the airframe is a very low 1291 hours. The engine has 870 hours and it is a Rolls Royce Pegasus MK.104. The aircraft comes with complete logs. All weapons-related equipment removed. The aircraft will need communication and navigation equipment. This is not a demilitarized aircraft for static display only -- it is fully capable of being returned to flight condition with relatively minimal work. We have sold another one of these aircraft in the USA, and it is currently being operated by former military pilot Art Nalls as the only Harrier in the world operating in civilian hands. He is currently flying in the US airshow circuit under the Experimental/Exhibition category and will be flying at the EAA Airventure show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin at the end of July 2010. What this means is that the path has been opened for this aircraft with the FAA to fly in the US -- if you have a qualified pilot and maintenance crew.

The asking price is shown on the listing. We will entertain reasonable offers for the aircraft (eBay will automatically reject any offers below our minimum price). Any offers must be followed within 24 hours by a written offer accompanied by a cashier's check payable against a reputable US or UK bank, a wire transfer or a PayPal transfer (instructions to be provided after your offer is received) for 5% of your offer. Should your offer not be accepted, the check will be returned to you. Should the offer be accepted, the check will be deposited, and we will proceed with the transaction pending a visual inspection by the buyer. Any offers not followed by the written letter and deposit payment will be ignored. Once your offer is received and accepted, you may make an appointment to view the aircraft. Based on your inspection, you may choose to proceed with the sale, modify your offer, or choose not to purchase. If you choose not to proceed your deposit will be returned to you.

Shipping of the aircraft will be by ocean freight on two open trailers using RORO service from a reputable shipping company in the UK. The aircraft will be disassembled for shipment (the last two pictures in the auction show the first Harrier we shipped to the US, disassembled and on the trailers). For illustration purposes, the estimated shipping cost (not included in the purchase price) to the US is approximately US$10,000, not including customs broker fees and insurance. Assembly, maintenance and other support services are available separately. Spares and documentation are also available separately. You must qualify for an export certificate from the UK government and must deliver to us an End User Certificate acceptable to the UK government.

This aircraft is also being offered for sale in other venues, and we reserve the right to close the auction at any time, as well as reject any bids that are frivolous or from undesirable or untrustworthy sources.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Shit You Find On Ebay Dept: Sea Harrier

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:37 pm

That is mother-fucking Pimp - I would paint it Gold and put spinners on that bitch

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Re: Shit You Find On Ebay Dept: Sea Harrier

Postby Caliban » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 pm

They want 5% of the offer price prior to the offer being accepted.......The seller isn't in Nigeria by any chance?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!