What do you wear on your Back?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: What do you wear on your Back?

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:45 am

Patrick Ma designs some interesting stuff. The Real Ranger stuff is over at Crye tho.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby AztecDave » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 am

NTM my hoodie is their ME Green color - looks close enough to the ACU Sage green, so I wear instead of the issue fleece. THAT is a piece of crap. Wind whistles right thru it. Soaks up water like SpongeBob. The TAD hoodie is wind proof and insulates well. Though am waiting for some REMF SGM to bitch at me for wearing it.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:56 pm

I am a huge fan of windproof fleece. I got a balaclava this year for Christmas that is windproof and it works fantastic.

I have an old, slightly ripped up Marmot brand windproof fleece that was made in Canada. It was great.

Because of the rips in it, I purchased a Mountain hardware coat to replace it. Made in China - not as good as the Marmot, but Marmot no longer offers windproof fleece coat.

A zip-up windproof hoodie (with a draft tube sewn in to the zipper) and appropriate pockets and pit zips would be fantastic.

Nobody makes as sweet of clothing as I have in mind.

If I knew how to start a clothing line for adventure gear, the stuff I would design would be reasonable cost effective to produce and blow away anything I've seen on the market.

My occupation of carrying bunches of stuff through all types of environments and varying climate has given me a unique insight into this.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 am

I got a balaclava this year for Christmas that is windproof and it works fantastic.

You could join the IRA.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Woodsman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
I got a balaclava this year for Christmas that is windproof and it works fantastic.

You could join the IRA.

That place is too tropical for this balaclava...

...but you should see the funny pics we took the day my bro-in-law and I got them!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

...but you should see the funny pics we took the day my bro-in-law and I got them!

Might make for a way cool avitar.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby coldharvest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:22 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:

You could join the IRA.

Whenever you want to pack in pulling a 'shaw a promising career in Guidence Counseling awaits you.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!