Posting way cool DSLR pics while on the road?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Posting way cool DSLR pics while on the road?

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:05 pm

So the other day I went out and bought a DSLR camera, a Canon 500D with an image stabilizer (important for shootin while shitfaced) and all kinds of other way cool functions. My other camera is a Canon A710 IS so the DSLR is quite a step up. I was reading through the instruction manual only to find, to my utter dismay, that I need to download the software into a computer in order to down load my pics onto Facebook, Photobucket or whatever. I was hoping to just plug the camera into any random computer as I travel around but this does not seem to be the case. I use internet cafes as I travel as I do not own a computer and if I did I do not fancy lugging something like a laptop around, and besides it wouldn't last to many matatu, chicken bus, share taxi rides anyway. Is there a way around this?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Re: Posting way cool DSLR pics while on the road?

Postby Royal » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 pm

No problem.
All you need are all these & you'll be fine.

Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Vincent » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:41 pm

to my utter dismay, that I need to download the software into a computer in order to down load my pics onto Facebook, Photobucket or whatever.

Are you sure about that and that it might only be the case if you are shooting RAW files? My thinking is that if you have a USB cable and plug it into a computer, worse case scenario is that the computer is just going to regard the memory stick in your computer as a removable HD and your pics as jpeg files.

I was in the same boat with my Nikon until I realized it was only for the RAW files.
"Too bad my real life experiences lead me to believe they're just like the rest of us: 5% assholes, 5% good people and 90% scenery." - el3so, BFC philosopher and bon vivant.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 am

If you want to keep the raw files but still being able to connect to any computer you can shoot in a raw + jpeg mode.

If not just shoot in Jpeg and you can connect the camera to any computer through usb and upload your photos.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!