Expedition filming

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Expedition filming

Postby ktrout » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:Of course, but the point is you are losing valuable 1's and 0's. It really depends on what the end product will be. For personal stuff it should be fine.

Yeah, in that case nothing I do will ever get on the Beeb :). It would probably be more or less impossible with current technology to document a long solo trip on film with current tech. I should wander over to Les Stroud's web site and see if he would give me some pointers.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:09 am

ktrout wrote:
Ultra Swain wrote:Of course, but the point is you are losing valuable 1's and 0's. It really depends on what the end product will be. For personal stuff it should be fine.

Yeah, in that case nothing I do will ever get on the Beeb :). It would probably be more or less impossible with current technology to document a long solo trip on film with current tech. I should wander over to Les Stroud's web site and see if he would give me some pointers.

Search for an article on Gizmodo about the gear he used for beyond survival. It's a great read.

I won't be lazy, here it is.

http://gizmodo.com/5617135/beyond-survi ... les-stroud
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby ktrout » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:56 am

Thanks. That was a good article but a little short on the nitty gritty. If I could find a generator of a few hundred watts that only weighed a couple of pounds and ran on everything including gasoline, rotgut whiskey, rum, vodka, or 'shine that would be the dog's balls.
That pod bean bag camera thing sounds pretty cool too.
Doing this right would probably mean a trailer including front and rear bags on the bike. I have a 14W roll up solar panel from Brunton that would fit perfectly over my bike trailer. Would be just barely enough to keep a cell phone charged, if I were lucky.
Sounds like too much work to me. I'm usually more into resting than putting a few words down in a journal. I just want to ride the bike :).
And interviews are right out :).
I think I might as well take the GoPro, though.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!