Suggestions for Good Cameras For DP Travel???

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Suggestions for Good Cameras For DP Travel???

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 am

I think even G12

Yep. Thought about getting one but it was about the same price as the d500 and I think it was MTH who gave it a bad review a while back.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby bearanddragon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:I really like the Canon S95. It's small, takes amazing photos and decent video and fits in a shirt pocket. I would get this over the bigger Canon G11/12. Quite a few teams that I have worked with use them and its just so damn nice not to lug around around a full size DSLR. Get it, seriously.

Second that. I still use the Canon S90, which is a slightly (maybe a couple millimeters) thicker S95. But the features are pretty amazing for a compact. You can manually adjust ISO, aperture, shutter speed, quite easily. It takes great shots for its size. Pick up a pen sized tripod, and you're set.

Second option is to go with a badass quadband UNLOCKED smartphone, like an unlocked iphone, or the SAMSUNG Nexus or HTC 7, etc. Not only do you get a phone, which you can activate anywhere with a cheap sim card, but you get all the other crap that comes with one: GPS, wifi, facebook, games, ereader, etc.

Personally, I use MOTOROLA DEFY, which has a 5mp camera, and all the trappings of a smartphone, gets me internet in a shitty place like Afghanistan, and is shockproof, dustproof, and water resistant as well.
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby sdg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:30 pm

You can use CanonHacks (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK) to make just just about any Canon Manually adjustable. It takes a bit of getting used to, but gives a basic camera a lot of different options.
-Steve
sdg

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!