Best low key SERE Gear that you can carry.....

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Best low key SERE Gear that you can carry.....

Postby Caliban » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:14 am

Ultra Swain wrote:I just plunder the bodies of my dead enemies. After I kill them with my credit card knife and garrote them with my paracord bracelet of course. I just have to yell "TIME OUT!" while I untangle the sucker.

Or hit the "pause game" button.

Ultra Swain wrote:
vetparatrooper wrote:Thing is that if you were in a situation where you might need a SERE kit...chances are you would not be allowed to hold on to it for too long.

Paracord suppository?

Tell you captors its a tapeworm trap

I'm sorry cukros1, we are not taking your question very seriously are we ? Basically because what you are looking for and asking about is a pointless exercise... but one we have probably all asked at a certain youthful or naive point in our lives. Suggesting a SERE kit is about as useful as being told "Don't get caught" or "Go down fighting" or "Tell them you are a lunatic ad start eating grass". Better men than you or I have figured out all the ways to thwart useful kit

Ive got an old Golden Virginia baccy tin stuffed full of all kinds of little goodies for such an emergency, put it together in about 1974/75, sealed with duct tape to make it waterproof. Carried it in the army for some years and it has sat in the drawer of a desk in my attic for the past 30 years. Never needed it once so it must work ! You could have that if you want although the tea in the couple of teabags has probably gone off by now (always have a brew kit- there you go thats the best SERE tip youve had yet, always have something to brew up:))

In fact, next time I think about it I willhave some kind of anniversary opening of it and take a photy for the flag. What Caliban in his youth thought would be useful behind some inmaginary enemy line.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:54 pm

What sort of environment would you be escaping and evading from? And from who?

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

In all seriousness the best kit is the one you have on you at all times. I have had my gear end up half a days walk from me because the porters didnt feel like walking as slow as we did or even take the same route. Since I work mostly in the jungle I prefer to carry a few items that suit that environment best and fit in a small pouch I carry on my belt. A couple of granola bars, water purifying tabs or a filter bottle, a compass, and if I am lucky a satphone. If it comes to a full on SERE scenario I am pretty much fucked anyway. But if I got lost or separated (which has happened it the past) I have the basics covered until I link back up with the group. Plan for the most likely scenario and not the gnarliest one you can dream up. Oh and money always helps.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby RYP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Swain...first of all...who the hell travels with a FULL makeup kit, portable gym and min bar. Jesus man THat cost me at least a dozen mules. Then the hookers...WHY fat ones?? They ate all my friggin caviar on the first night out. By the third day we were down to the off brand duck paté and the crackers had lost their snap.

I don't mind traveling with a Pinoy tranny hair band but why do they need all those Marshall amps? And finally the drugs. Do you know how uncool it is to bring the entire hyrdoponics setup "just so you don't have to deal with stale bud" (air quotes and whiney voice added)

So you givin' SERE advice is like Obama giving savings advice. Stow it...in your matching Louis Vuitton Limited Edition "Cranberry" Safari luggage!

It hurts when I pee.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby DarthChicken » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm

I should have come here long ago, the laughs are non-stop
DarthChicken

Postby coldharvest » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 pm

DarthChicken wrote:I should have come here long ago, the laughs are non-stop

.....you'll fit in fine here.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby swordpoint9 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:33 am

Where your at have friends including local Lawyer ! Then have real cash for the area ,what ever it is ! Have friends with guns to break you out without killing you !Carry some Kit but in that scenario expect it to be taken from you, and be ass out ! Bring your Mind and Hillbilly sense to be foremost in the wilds of nature or the urban jungle ! Do not go if you can't sack up for the party !
Hit it with your purse!!!
swordpoint9
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 am

RYP wrote:Swain...first of all...who the hell travels with a FULL makeup kit, portable gym and min bar. Jesus man THat cost me at least a dozen mules. Then the hookers...WHY fat ones?? They ate all my friggin caviar on the first night out. By the third day we were down to the off brand duck paté and the crackers had lost their snap.

I don't mind traveling with a Pinoy tranny hair band but why do they need all those Marshall amps? And finally the drugs. Do you know how uncool it is to bring the entire hyrdoponics setup "just so you don't have to deal with stale bud" (air quotes and whiney voice added)

So you givin' SERE advice is like Obama giving savings advice. Stow it...in your matching Louis Vuitton Limited Edition "Cranberry" Safari luggage!

It hurts when I pee.

Pinoy tranny hair bands pack the best bang for the buck. Smaller footprint, large repertoire of classic rock and Carpenter's covers, and they cook. Btw Marshall 800 full stacks or GTFO.

I then used the extra weight allowance to upgrade to the comfort model hooker. In the jungle no one can hear your fat hooker scream, duh. Plus they are fun to ride and none of your friends will ever see you on one. Plus you know how uncomfortable those huts are, a soft and eternally grateful fatty is just what the doctor ordered in a scenario such as that.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby RYP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 am

So now that you are stateside are you doing your best Gravel Voiced. "I remember when I was IN THE SHIT!" spiel to the bleach blonde cougars on Sunset?

Or are you doing the PTSD, meth stoked jibber jabber philosopuke of Dennis Hopper to the Swedish backpackers in Venice?

No wait the alcohol soaked sang froid heroin flat line of James Woods in Salvador to the college kids in Westwoodd

now that Florio is blooded (sniper, dead bodies, screaming kids and running crouch) we can pretend to be him.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Ultra Swain » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 am

Naw bra, still in country and still in the shit. I still have a wedding here and some training trips scheduled. Won't be back stateside until may/june.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Ultra Swain » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:46 am

now that Florio is blooded (sniper, dead bodies, screaming kids and running crouch) we can pretend to be him.

Did he zigzag?
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Woodsman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 pm

RYP wrote:but why do they need all those Marshall amps?

Because it sounds sweeter LOUD!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 am

10 gold coins, and 15 packs of Marlboro reds.

No shit.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby swordpoint9 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:19 am

Damn Q Nice seeing a post from you again ! Take care Bro !
Hit it with your purse!!!
swordpoint9
BFCus Regularus

Postby BillyOblivion » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 am

Q wrote:10 gold coins, and 15 packs of Marlboro reds.

Two of these wouldn't hurt either:

I'd think local currency would work better than gold really. And of course it would be my luck that I'd run into the ONE guy in the area who hated smoking.
BillyOblivion
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!