EDC blog

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

EDC blog

Postby Reflexred » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 am

found this blog (see link below) earlier this week, thought i would share if anyone is interested..some interesting gear ideas mainly for an urban environment. Maybe some people could start a more "hostile environment" version here, would definitely be interested in seeing some new gear ideas.

http://everyday-carry.com/

p.s. ill post mine once i get my HEST/F in my grubby paws if theres any interest in this post.
Adios Mofo's
Reflexred

Re: EDC blog

Postby RYP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:21 am

I just remember how many cool things that the TSA has stolen from me over the years. Knives, zippos, flashlights, pens. I am thinking the TSA should start a "EDC Gotcha" blog. I will wipe the tear stains from my computer screen.

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Reflexred » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:27 am

Ha, yeah those TSA fuckers are swimming in cool shit, could probably retire their entire staff on sales from other peoples gear.
Adios Mofo's
Reflexred

Postby RYP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:40 am

I can only wonder how many old guys had their WW2 zippos, retirement pocket knives and irreplaceable momentos snagged. I have no problem flying next to people with automatic weapons, machetes and even RPGs.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby bombaclot » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 pm

I have no problem flying next to people with automatic weapons, machetes and even RPGs

I actually prefer it...
bombaclot

Postby Caliban » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:49 pm

RYP wrote:Image

I can only wonder how many old guys had their WW2 zippos, retirement pocket knives and irreplaceable momentos snagged. I have no problem flying next to people with automatic weapons, machetes and even RPGs.

I recall back in the very early eighties, coming back from somewhere with a change at Athens International, where every self respecting terrorist at the time was smuggling their rocket launchers through, I had confiscated from me a pocket knife I had carried for years, that was in my pack. I demanded that it was handed to the cabin staff on the flight and on arrival home (I think Manchester) I demanded my property back, they ummed and arred for about an hour, no one available to go and get it,cabin staff not with plane etc. I stood my ground and demanded my property or I would be taking legal action for theft (or some such shit) eventually disgruntled baggage crewman turns up with my knife.

I do wonder how I would get by these days though.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby swordpoint9 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:29 pm

I have been traveling with Kit for years in Checked Bags never questioned, except Dubai .2 weeks later they arrested some dude with weapon cleaning kit and front hand grip! I am more apprehensive now ...
Hit it with your purse!!!
swordpoint9
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!