Laptop screen size.

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Laptop screen size.

Postby Woodsman » Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Does the 17 inch make that big a difference when compaired to a 15 inch?

That's what she said.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby redfax » Tue May 31, 2011 1:17 am

Oh, I see what he did there... He took a sentence about LAPTOP SCREENS, and recontextualized it as a phrase of the boudoir. In this case, the dimenions of the diagonals of the screens, commonly measure in inches, where made to correspond to supposed remarks on the length of the penis, in this case eliptically ascribable to the author of the joke himself.

The humor arises clearly frome both the aforementioned recontextualization, and the exceptional putative measure of the penis. 17 inches, while not unheard of, is in fact over three times that figure quoted as the average length of the erect penis.

++++This meassage brought to you by "The Campaign to Abolish Repetitive Humor", "She Said" chapter.+++++

sorry woodsman, couldn't resist.
Mr. Andrea Matranga
andreamatranga.googlepages.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Those who aren't afraid to die for their ideals, can only die once. The others die every day."
Paolo Borsellino, who only died once
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Postby BillyOblivion » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Here's what I'd do.

I mean did.

Get a faster 13 or 14 inch laptop, and a cheap 19 inch (or larger as budget allows) separate monitor. Or two if you're going to be bouncing back and forth between two locations. Also get a couple of full sized USB keyboards and mice. This way you get (most of) the best of both worlds--large screens at home and compact travel for on the road.

There's a big difference between lugging a 8 pound laptop 100 yards to your car, and carrying it and the rest of your carry-on luggage 6 or 8 miles through 4 different airports.
BillyOblivion
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:27 am

get a 14-15.6" laptop, 17" are just fucking useless and lame, if you want gaming just get a second monitor if 15.6" is to small.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I went with the XPS 17. Got photoshop 8 to go with it too. Bitchin puter.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby BillyOblivion » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:30 am

rickshaw92 wrote:I went with the XPS 17. Got photoshop 8 to go with it too. Bitchin puter.

It's too late for you, but if you're not already a Photoshop Ninja then look into The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). It's probably not as good as photoshop, and certainly won't have the high-end publishing tools, but most of us don't work for NatGeo or Playboy, so it's good enough.
BillyOblivion
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:22 am

BillyOblivion wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:I went with the XPS 17. Got photoshop 8 to go with it too. Bitchin puter.

It's too late for you, but if you're not already a Photoshop Ninja then look into The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). It's probably not as good as photoshop, and certainly won't have the high-end publishing tools, but most of us don't work for NatGeo or Playboy, so it's good enough.

It was an extra £50 and came alreadi in the puter. Havent a bloody clue as to how the thing works tho.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:36 am

laptops are just like TV's - the more real estate the better

If you can't haul a 17 inch laptop around compared to a 7 inch one the go to the gym pussy

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!