backpack canoe

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

backpack canoe

Postby kilroy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

as a proponent of the 'never own anything you can't carry with you at a dead run' philosophy, i am pleased to announce that i can now own a canoe.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/ ... canoe.html

what say you?
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Re: backpack canoe

Postby coldharvest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:35 pm

They certainly would have been useful on Utøya island.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:10 pm

kilroy wrote:as a proponent of the 'never own anything you can't carry with you at a dead run' philosophy, i am pleased to announce that i can now own a canoe.

what say you?

You're fucking bonkers is what say I.

And in case you fancy wind surfing

"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby kilroy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Caliban wrote:You're fucking bonkers is what say I.

if you're just figuring that out you're a bit slower on the uptake than i pegged you.

And in case you fancy wind surfing

i'd try it.
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:53 pm

kilroy wrote:as a proponent of the 'never own anything you can't carry with you at a dead run' philosophy, i am pleased to announce that i can now own a canoe.

what say you?

I, like many, eagerly await a full report, by you, with pics.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby gnaruki » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 am

But it can't convert into a tent?

That thing would be like paddling around in a garbage bag.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:55 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:

what say you?

I, like many, eagerly await a full report, by you, with pics.

I want to see the pics that someone else takes from the bank
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby redharen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:28 pm

I just want to know how much lighter this is than the 25-pound inflatable boat I had the misfortune of carrying around on a pack once, and which was basically useless against any kind of current. This looks better on both counts.
redharen
small ax

Postby Q » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Didn't end well.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Caliban » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:23 am

redharen wrote:I just want to know how much lighter this is than the 25-pound inflatable boat I had the misfortune of carrying around on a pack once, and which was basically useless against any kind of current. This looks better on both counts.

I imagine it is packable but I just can't get my head around it being durable and able to stand up to, say, a strong cross current. I suppose the proof of the pudding would be in the eating but it just doesn't look as if it would stand up to any rigour. (And absolutely no use formy hulking bulk!-)
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:50 pm

kilroy wrote:as a proponent of the 'never own anything you can't carry with you at a dead run' philosophy,

what say you?

Is that by individual item or aggregate of your possessions? If the latter then your logic is flawed. Do you apply any other weird restrictions to your life or is this the only one? You could try:

Never bang your girlfriend's sister - unless you really trust her to keep quiet.
Never buy a drink for a brunette, except between 2-3pm.
Never point a gun at anyone wearing a cravat.
Never wash your balls in public,except on Tuesdays.

One of them makes sense at least.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby suwon fish » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

nowonmai wrote:Never bang your girlfriend's sister - unless you really trust her to keep quiet.

Roger that! Cravat guys are batshit crazy...

Joking aside, I have a rigid hull folding kayak. I love it to death, but I lose a lot of performance to a non-folder.

Bic Yakka

From what I've read, your pack away canoe is as expensive as hell, and I'm confident (based on my folder), a piece of shit to paddle.

Caveat emptor
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 pm

nowonmai wrote:
kilroy wrote:as a proponent of the 'never own anything you can't carry with you at a dead run' philosophy,

what say you?

Is that by individual item or aggregate of your possessions? If the latter then your logic is flawed. Do you apply any other weird restrictions to your life or is this the only one? You could try:

Never bang your girlfriend's sister - unless you really trust her to keep quiet.

i strive for the aggregate but right now only the individual is true. though honestly everything i own could go up in a blaze and with one or two exceptions i wouldn't be all that pissed. i just don't want to feel weighed down by shit i own. at the very least i'd like to fit it all in my car. i don't really think that's too weird. my only other is rules are don't let the haters get you down, and never trust a man that doesn't drink.

per everyone's comments that the performance will suffer in exchange for the portability: no shit, i thought that went without saying.

red, what kind of fold up did you have? i have only been in the market for one recently.
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 pm

nowonmai wrote:

what say you?

That makes him sound like the anal retentive kid, with his "rules of survival" list in Zombieland....... ah I see what you did now!
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby redharen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:28 am

Mine wasn't a canoe, it was just a second-hand inflatable boat. It was a Sevylor Fish Hunter. I would have preferred a fold-up canoe -- seems like it would have had a shallower draft than the inflatable, which didn't do well fully loaded when there were sandbars and gravel shoals and stuff.

But even if your boat sucks, it is sort of cool to be able to trek across an area and then be able to float your stuff down a river.
redharen
small ax

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!