Pinzgauer-WTF do you know ?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Pinzgauer-WTF do you know ?

Postby Hitoru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Cool, thanks!
They are the same model of troop carrier as mine.

I use mine alot to haul our dogs around. They tend to jump out of pick up trucks but not the pinz's, they seem to be a lot higher to the dogs to jump from.
There are transmission lines near our house and we kick the dogs out the back and make them chase us for a couple of miles. We have to run them at night as it's to hot during the day.

Would you guess Lola is 85 Lbs ?

Saiaga-12

Swiss Schmidt-Rubin K-31's

Last edited by Hitoru on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Hitoru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Overloaded

Herbicide Galveston

Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby svizzerams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Very cool pictures :-) What kind of dogs?
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Interest only. Booker was right, the Vector was unfit for purpose given the threat and was withdrawn (but only after people died). Great fun for bouncing around Salisbury Plain with fat gunners but no fucking use when the enemy has a vote.

You can beat a Pinzgauer
Posted by Richard Sunday, 4 March 2007 RG-31, Snatch, Vector
The Sunday Telegraph publishes a letter today from Graeme Rumbol, Managing Director, Pinzgauer Ltd, headed: You can't beat a Pinzgauer. He tells us,

I write in response to Christopher Booker's article published in The Sunday Telegraph on October 29, 2006 questioning the suitability of an armoured variant of the Pinzgauer all-terrain vehicle which my company is supplying to the British Army. I dispute Mr Booker's assertion that Pinzgauer's Protected Patrol Vehicle offers less protection for troops than Snatch Land Rovers currently used by the Ministry of Defence in Afghanistan. Protection is an extremely sensitive area and while our vehicle has new defensive features, we are unable to talk about them publicly for very obvious security reasons.

The article also failed to recognise the renowned off-road capability of the Pinzgauer, which has not been compromised in our new armoured version, and means it can be driven out of potentially dangerous situations by traversing terrain where other vehicles are unable to go.

Mr Booker stated the price of each Pinzgauer PPV is £487,000. This figure is wrong. The purchase price for our vehicle is less than half the figure quoted by Mr Booker. He seems to have failed to take into account in his calculations that our MoD contract also requires us to supply logistical support, spares, training and other essential support services which are all built into the overall costs.

The Pinzgauer has a superb reputation and, as such, I feel it important to clarify this situation.
We're banged to rights on the price. I simply took the posted contract price from Pinzgauer's website and divided it by the number of vehicles ordered. So we cannot say that near-on half a million pounds is the purchase price – simply what each of the vehicles are going to cost the Army. We stand corrected.

But, while Graeme Rumbol disputes "Mr Booker's assertion that Pinzgauer's Protected Patrol Vehicle offers less protection for troops than Snatch Land Rovers", we note he hides behind a veil of security in order to avoid giving any details. However, despite this reticence, that has not stopped his own company publishing the details in a trade brochure: see above.

However, he can dispute all he likes. The Pinzgauer Vector, as we have indicated herehttp://eureferendum2.blogspot.com/2006/11/taliban-planning-new-tactics.html and here http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/10/my-little-pinzy.html is a killer of men, the weakenss confirmed by the specification.

The topmost photograph shows an unarmoured Land Rover which has been hit by a mine. The crew survived, with the energy of the explosion absorbed by the wheel and engine housing.

In a Pinzgauer Vector, the driver sits on top of the wheel, with only thin armour between him and any mine explosion. He would most certainly have been killed by the explosion from which the Land Rover crew walked away.

Interestingly, Mr Graeme Rumbol invited us down to Guildford to see his wonderful Pinzgauers. We agreed to come, as long as he could arrange for us to see a demonstration of him driving a Pinzgauer Vector over a 7 Kg anti-tank mine (half the protection afforded by an RG-31). Strangely, we have not heard back.

Thus, it seems, Mr Rumbol is not prepared to expose himself to the risk he is quite content for soldiers in Afghanistan to face in his product, for which he is being so amply rewarded by the MoD. I wonder why that is.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:49 am

svizzerams wrote:Very cool pictures :-) What kind of dogs?

Mom is Red nose Staffordshire Bull Terrier, black and white pups are half American Bull Dog.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Hitoru » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:54 am

I wouldn't drive a pinz around any unexploded ordnance..
5.56 could defeat one.
They are still superior to Land Rovers.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby nowonmai » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Hitoru wrote:I wouldn't drive a pinz around any unexploded ordnance..
5.56 could defeat one.
They are still superior to Land Rovers.

I agree, I only put it up out of interest and to show how fucking terrible governments are at making decisions.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Yes sir, I understood that.
I was baiting the Landie lovers out there.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby nowonmai » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Hitoru wrote:Yes sir, I understood that.
I was baiting the Landie lovers out there.

I have a love hate relationship with them. Somewhere out there, probably on a scrap pile is a little soft top half tonner that I would have happily invaded Russia with whereas there are also some long wheelbase pigs out there that I'd happily take an axe to. Memories and experience depend on the weather as much as anything else, and of course the attitude of the dreaded locals.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 am

Landie lover - pretty average night out for rickshaw

Naked man caught 'having sex' with Land Rover
A naked man was caught 'having sex' with a Land Rover parked on the street.

Daniel Cooper was caught on CCTV simulating sex with the Land Rover which was parked outside a takeaway restaurant
By News agencies10:58AM BST 11 Sep 2013
A court heard how drunken Daniel Cooper, 24, was stripped off and started grinding against the blue 4x4 Land Rover Discovery.
Cooper was caught on CCTV simulating sex with the Land Rover which was parked outside a takeaway restaurant.
Cooper said he was so drunk he could not remember what happened until he was shown the CCTV pictures.
Father-of-three Cooper – described as normally being "a caring family man" – stripped off during a drunken night out with friends.
A court heard that earlier shocked revellers had seen him simulate sex with the counter of the kebab shop.

Cooper was also seen laying on the floor of the takeaway to simulate sex – with his trousers around his ankles.
Prosecutor John Wylde said: "First of all he was seen to be urinating.
"He was then seen to go down the High Street with his trousers around his ankles and his T-shirt pulled up over his head.
"Cooper was waving at cars and then took off his shirt completely.
"He was seen to enter a kebab shop where he was simulating the sex act against the corner of the counter.
"At one stage he lay on the ground and simulated the sex act. Then he did the same to a Land Rover Discovery vehicle which was parked nearby."
Police arrested Cooper in the town centre at Holywell, North Wales.
He told officers he was not used to drinking and had gone out with only £13 in his pocket on the night of August 18.
Cooper, of Springfields, Holywell, admitted indecent exposure when he appeared at Flintshire Magistrates Court sitting at Mold.
He was given a three-month community order which bans him from going outdoors between 7pm and 7am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for the next three months.
He was also ordered to pay £85 costs.
Gary Harvey, defending, said: "My client is mortified and totally ashamed. He cannot recall what had occurred.
"He is a responsible family man who looks after the children while his wife went out to work."
The registration number of the Land Rover Discovery was not released to the court.
Cooper has changed his name to "Daniel Hotcock Cooper" on his Facebook page since being arrested.
His sex act with the counter of the kebab shop was filmed by some of Cooper's friends but was later deleted.
One of his pals said: "Daniel will never live this down – everyone is saying he was 'tyred' and 'exhausted' afterwards.
"He is not a pretty sight when naked. We all felt sorry for the Land Rover and hope it wasn't offended."
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Hitoru wrote:Cool, thanks!
They are the same model of troop carrier as mine.

I use mine alot to haul our dogs around. They tend to jump out of pick up trucks but not the pinz's, they seem to be a lot higher to the dogs to jump from.
There are transmission lines near our house and we kick the dogs out the back and make them chase us for a couple of miles. We have to run them at night as it's to hot during the day.

Would you guess Lola is 85 Lbs ?

Saiaga-12

Swiss Schmidt-Rubin K-31's

So much awesome in these photos, well done.

Love the truck, love the guns, love the dogs. Gotta get me one of those K-31s.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:46 am

If you have ever ridden utility quads, imagine one on larger scale, because that's how they preform off road in the toughest spots.
They can go through some serious shit.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Hitoru » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Spilled my beer.

Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby svizzerams » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Hitoru wrote:Spilled my beer.

Is it sleeping?

(Hope you and the dogs are unhurt......)
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Hitoru » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!