Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:57 pm

The car has some interesting specs and comparisons. We shall see...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:48 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 pm

ktrout wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/05/2013-subaru-brz-first-drive-review/

The BRZ looks interesting, at least. I'll wait and see what kind of lap times it will do. Needs 50% more power, though.

Just the right amount of power to keep someone like me out of trouble. Wonder if the back seat is good for anything besides a bag.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:31 pm

My favourite ride has two tits, a hole and a heartbeat.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Mikethehack wrote:My favourite ride has two tits, a hole and a heartbeat.

I have the utmost respect for you and even more so if she had 3 tits.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Ward's 10 best engines. The one engine that shouldn't be in there is that Pentastar 3.0 ...I guess we just don't like things named Penta, no?
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/08/ward ... ines-list/
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:23 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Ward's 10 best engines. The one engine that shouldn't be in there is that Pentastar 3.0 ...I guess we just don't like things named Penta, no?
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/08/ward ... ines-list/

I wish Mopar would have done with their old inline sixes what Chevy did with their v-8s.

I have never driven a Pentastar equiped vehicle yet (nor a boss 302 for that matter)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby khalampre » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:25 pm

I have been looking for a new car for my wife. I was looking at anything without a slush box. Mazda 3 was just so so, Ford dealer was dumb and basically told me I was dumb for not wanting a slush box, wife would not go for the Sabaru WRX, so it will be a VW Jetta GLI.

The GLI in black looks pretty slick. The problem is that it is wrong wheel drive. I am going to give in and buy it because it is her choice and she likes it. She is kind enough to allow me to have a 1999 7.3 diesel Ford, 1990 MX5 (this will be my donor for the Lotus 7 clone I will build), and the bits and pieces of my 1955 CJ5. We dig cars around my house, and at some point I would like to build a variant of the Morgan that Kurt is going to get.
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:41 pm

khalampre wrote:1990 MX5 (this will be my donor for the Lotus 7 clone I will build)

Building a Westfield, or another brand? They sound pretty tits.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm

khalampre wrote:I have been looking for a new car for my wife. I was looking at anything without a slush box. Mazda 3 was just so so, Ford dealer was dumb and basically told me I was dumb for not wanting a slush box, wife would not go for the Sabaru WRX, so it will be a VW Jetta GLI.

The GLI in black looks pretty slick. The problem is that it is wrong wheel drive. I am going to give in and buy it because it is her choice and she likes it. She is kind enough to allow me to have a 1999 7.3 diesel Ford, 1990 MX5 (this will be my donor for the Lotus 7 clone I will build), and the bits and pieces of my 1955 CJ5. We dig cars around my house, and at some point I would like to build a variant of the Morgan that Kurt is going to get.

When you get your Lotus 7 clone built my car may be ready and delivered (I sort of doubt it) but when it is, we should go cruising.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 am

This sounds like an interesting project ...the Super 7. Details?

You are a smart man...letting your wife get the car she wants as you would probably never hear the end of it otherwise.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 am

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/08/next ... -thats-up/

WRX. Those three letters tell automotive enthusiasts the world over that they are not dealing with an ordinary Impreza, and it all began in rally racing with a 2.0-liter turbocharged flat-four engine. Though some models – including the current WRX and STI in the United States – had engines displacing as much as 2.5 liters, the WRX earned its reputation with 2.0 liters, and that's the displacement specified for competition use.

According to Motor Trend, the 2013 WRX, which will likely debut sometime in 2012, will go back to its original engine size. The new powerplant will reportedly be based on the engine found in the 2013 Subaru BRZ, a clean-sheet design for Subaru, with the addition of the expected turbocharger. That ought to bring power up from 200 horsepower to about 270.

Now we come to the question of what platform in which the engine will reside. While common sense would dictate that the latest version of the Impreza, which was recently released as a 2012 model, would get the WRX treatment, we've heard rumblings that Subaru would keep its current WRX shell around for a few more years while it continues development of the next chassis. Only time will tell.
News Source: Motor Trend
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 am

Some company built a rear wheel drive Camry!
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 am

You won't find any accountants driving that Camry...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby khalampre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 am

After typing out a long reply Firefox crashed.
It goes something like this: 1) Buy 2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn 2) Sell 2000 Jetta TDI (sorry Kurt, at this time too much to do to drop it in the Jeep at this point. That said, this is something that will eat at me until I give it a try) 3) Go to Afghanistan for a year 4) finish 1955 CJ5 (I may farm some of the body work out while I am gone so that I can move on to other projects sooner) 5) Build Lotus 7 clone in British racing green (based upon a modified Ron Champion design). 6) Build a four wheel version of the Morgan that Kurt is going to get (Four wheels because I do not feel like getting a motorcycle license)

The wife unit has already said that she like the Factory Five kit and if the finances allow it (*cough*) she may just get one. My brother-in-law has access to insurance auctions (where cars are written off) and I was looking at some busted up Evos and WRXs. With the welder, air compressor, and pipe bender (I would like a planishing hammer as well) that I am going to buy I have a lot of twisted ideas bouncing around in my head. I would like to try to build a AWD version of a Lotus 7 with the drive-train of an Evo or WRX, that or build a rally car and talk my wife into reading pace notes.

Here is my Jeep build http://chriskoym.blogspot.com/

Here are the cars I want to own and build in the next 3-5 years. I could not post the photos of the MX5 donor or my F250 because they need to be smaller than they are and I do not feel like jacking about with Gimp at the moment.

One of these with a modified rear, but keeping the shark paint job
This with ghost racing stripes, independent rear, and one of the GM LS platform motors
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!