Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sat May 12, 2012 8:08 pm

The board glitched and I duplicated a post. Oh well.
Last edited by ktrout on Sat May 12, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat May 12, 2012 8:09 pm

Aryan wrote:Porsche is definitely the better racer type car

Yeah, I'd go for a Cayman, actually. I don't like convertibles. The Z4 is too "soft".
Shit, now a bunch of convertible people and a bunch of Z4 people are going to freak out and get their panties in a wad.
By the way, look at the Corvette. Or you could even wait for the new Viper, as impractical as it's going to be...
(and the car to pull the bitches with)

Who are you, Ice Cube?
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat May 12, 2012 8:13 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:
Aryan wrote:Which one's the better convertible coupe, BMW Z4 or porsche boxster?

This car can't be ignored...
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/12/new- ... -unveiled/

Front wheel drive cars make their front wheels try to do too many things at once.
Shit, now a bunch of Mini and front wheel drive people are going to freak out and get their panties in a wad.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 pm

ktrout wrote:
Aryan wrote:Porsche is definitely the better racer type car

Yeah, I'd go for a Cayman, actually. I don't like convertibles. The Z4 is too "soft".
Shit, now a bunch of convertible people and a bunch of Z4 people are going to freak out and get their panties in a wad.
By the way, look at the Corvette. Or you could even wait for the new Viper, as impractical as it's going to be...

The good thing about the Z4 is you can buy a hardtop for next to nothing. But I prefer convertibles, I like the extra space and visibility you get.

Corvette's a nice car, but in the UK/Europe they're very expensive and completely impractical.
Who are you, Ice Cube?

No but lil Wayne is my first cousin once removed. Is that a problem?
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Aryan wrote:The good thing about the Z4 is you can buy a hardtop for next to nothing. But I prefer convertibles, I like the extra space and visibility you get.

If it's a boulevardier, you'd probably be fine with it.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun May 13, 2012 2:13 am

Aryan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Aryan wrote:Which one's the better convertible coupe, BMW Z4 or porsche boxster?

I have only driven the Boxster and the only fault with it is that it is so perfect a car that if not for the speed and handling it would be so perfect as to be boring.

But I think z-4 has always beat Boxster in styling. But the Z4 Coupe is my favorite and was one of BMW's least popular cars for some reason. Back in 2008 I tried to get BMW in Manhattan to sell me a British Racing Green Z4 Coupe with brown leather seats and a six speed manual and they told me to fuck off in that they would only sell me a white or silver z4 convertable with a manual transmission for $20k over MSRP. The guy was seriously a dick about it too. Here I was willing to drop $48k but only to my specs and he said "Look...we don't need your business. Our money is made by leasing white or silver cars with automatic transmission and we are not going to waste floor space with a green manual two seater."

Why would you want a BMW in British racing green? That just seems wrong.

I hate when salesmen act like pricks, they should have to earn their commission in order to get it. But I can't imagine a dealership in the UK doing that, they'd all be lining up to suck you off.

I like British Racing Green. Plus if I am going to get a car, I am going to get one in a color no one else has, the silver/grey color is everywhere so I figured I would get the least popular model of the car (Coupe) and the least popular color with a stick shift. I would never drop that much money on a car just to have one that everyone else has. If I had a Porsche I would get it in "Mocha" ...AKA Brown.

I have yet to see a brown Porsche in NYC and I see a lot of Porsches.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby svizzerams » Sun May 13, 2012 3:03 am

Subaru!!!!!

Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Kurt » Sun May 13, 2012 3:07 am

I would have to go for blue with the BRZ as Subaru's nice Forrest Green color is not an option.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ktrout » Sun May 13, 2012 3:17 am

That new BRZ is a sweet little car, but they went a little overboard with the body kit on that drawing. I wonder how much work they could do on it to get more horsepower because I hear it's a little cramped under the hood.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby lightstalker » Sun May 13, 2012 4:19 am

Aston Zagato. Sounds like an old prop engine when idling....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YloMhEZnFZo[/youtube]
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun May 13, 2012 4:29 am

Pretty sharp!
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

ktrout wrote:That new BRZ is a sweet little car, but they went a little overboard with the body kit on that drawing. I wonder how much work they could do on it to get more horsepower because I hear it's a little cramped under the hood.

brz under the hood - that might mean more to you than me.

Kurt, I was sad to see it doesn't come in green either.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby ktrout » Mon May 14, 2012 5:24 am

svizzerams wrote:
ktrout wrote:That new BRZ is a sweet little car, but they went a little overboard with the body kit on that drawing. I wonder how much work they could do on it to get more horsepower because I hear it's a little cramped under the hood.

brz under the hood - that might mean more to you than me.

Yeah, word is there isn't any more room under that hood for anything.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Kurt wrote:
Aryan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I have only driven the Boxster and the only fault with it is that it is so perfect a car that if not for the speed and handling it would be so perfect as to be boring.

But I think z-4 has always beat Boxster in styling. But the Z4 Coupe is my favorite and was one of BMW's least popular cars for some reason. Back in 2008 I tried to get BMW in Manhattan to sell me a British Racing Green Z4 Coupe with brown leather seats and a six speed manual and they told me to fuck off in that they would only sell me a white or silver z4 convertable with a manual transmission for $20k over MSRP. The guy was seriously a dick about it too. Here I was willing to drop $48k but only to my specs and he said "Look...we don't need your business. Our money is made by leasing white or silver cars with automatic transmission and we are not going to waste floor space with a green manual two seater."

Why would you want a BMW in British racing green? That just seems wrong.

I hate when salesmen act like pricks, they should have to earn their commission in order to get it. But I can't imagine a dealership in the UK doing that, they'd all be lining up to suck you off.

I like British Racing Green. Plus if I am going to get a car, I am going to get one in a color no one else has, the silver/grey color is everywhere so I figured I would get the least popular model of the car (Coupe) and the least popular color with a stick shift. I would never drop that much money on a car just to have one that everyone else has. If I had a Porsche I would get it in "Mocha" ...AKA Brown.

I have yet to see a brown Porsche in NYC and I see a lot of Porsches.

That's strange. I've seen lots of brown 944s and 928s.
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 pm

New ones. Like Caymans, Boxsters and 911s (or whatever it is they are called now).
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!