Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby gnaruki » Tue May 15, 2012 1:04 am

Scooping up one of these classics would be sweet. It would have to be in an obnoxious color.

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 am

If an odd color is loved it is "daring" or "bold" and hated it is "obnoxious" , but no matter what the opinion on a color at least a variety...including the weird ones does show a bit of customer choice has a priority with the company. Especially if it is found in their cheaper models.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Aryan » Tue May 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Kurt wrote:New ones. Like Caymans, Boxsters and 911s (or whatever it is they are called now).

You're right then. Come to think of it, the vast majority have been silver. I've seen a few red and black ones, and someone I know bought a yellow one last year.

I'd either want a white one or a slick matt black - not sure if that's popular in America though.
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 pm

I kind of like the matte colors on cars. What I really like is the DIY version of it where a whole car is painted in bed liner.

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu May 17, 2012 5:37 am

svizzerams wrote:Subaru!!!!!

Now...the go with the show:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/16/gazo ... yota-gt86/
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu May 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Pretty sweet. But leave the body kit in the recycle bin where it belongs.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu May 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Saw my first one on the street today, as opposed to car show floor. They look really sharp.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 am

ktrout wrote:

Pretty sweet. But leave the body kit in the recycle bin where it belongs.

Is there anything that actually looks better with a body kit? I don't think so myself, unless it was done by a real craftsman but then that would not be a "kit".
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ktrout » Fri May 18, 2012 3:56 am

Kurt wrote:Is there anything that actually looks better with a body kit? I don't think so myself, unless it was done by a real craftsman but then that would not be a "kit".

The problem is that most of this stuff just looks fast. It usually just adds weight and drag.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am

ktrout wrote:
Kurt wrote:Is there anything that actually looks better with a body kit? I don't think so myself, unless it was done by a real craftsman but then that would not be a "kit".

The problem is that most of this stuff just looks fast. It usually just adds weight and drag.

Yah, and that seems to be kits at their best too. Now a LeMons Plymouth Neon with a "kit" might do some good but even that I see the best ones are improvised for humor. My Boxster owning friend told me of a South African "Hardtop" kit that made the Boxter perform better while looking like a Cayman but I doubt the significance of the performance increase but do not doubt that it did not add ugliness to the car. But most of them seem to be for 370z cars, and none that I have seen have ever looked anything other than ridiculous.

Also I heard that body kits increase the chance your car will be stolen since the kit part is more difficult to trace when stolen.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 am

Nothing more tacky than a fiero kit car

I used to see an e46 330i four door that had m3 body work on it along with some suspension work. Not exactly aftermarket but it looked along. Looked a little like the link below.

http://www.simracing.no/e46fanatics/Dag60/DSC_0025.jpg
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby swordpoint9 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:22 pm

My favorite car was My 1975 Purple Pacer Stationwagon . I was 17 the paint was like powdering off , Very little rust and zero Blind spots . Closest thing to a Jetson vehicle ! Drive Ins had plenty of room and privacy to scrog once the windows fogged up ! Could actually get a good ride from your Lady friend without her Kinking Her neck too Much !
Hit it with your purse!!!
swordpoint9
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed May 23, 2012 7:32 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Aryan wrote:
Kurt wrote:New ones. Like Caymans, Boxsters and 911s (or whatever it is they are called now).

You're right then. Come to think of it, the vast majority have been silver. I've seen a few red and black ones, and someone I know bought a yellow one last year.

I'd either want a white one or a slick matt black - not sure if that's popular in America though.

I love the flat black look (aka murdered out), unfortunately its also popular with street racers and fast-and-furious-worshipping gangsters so its a bit of a heat score. Also looks great on 50's style chopped and lowered hot rods IMHO.

Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!