Motorcycles.

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Shat on a pickle.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby gnaruki » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:49 am

Rented one of these for a day last month. Sweet ride, maybe i'll have the money for one some day.

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Have you guys seen these fools yet ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMQY6k16TU

I watched it the other night, pretty funny to me.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby svizzerams » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:23 am

Hitoru wrote:Have you guys seen these fools yet ?

Fools is right. Gives motorbike riders a bad name.

This is my new-to-me ride:

Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby svizzerams » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

gnaruki wrote:Rented one of these for a day last month. Sweet ride, maybe i'll have the money for one some day.

Cool! Is that the F700? When I was looking for a bike a couple of weeks ago there was a nicely kitted out F700GS in Lewiston ID and a really nice F800GS in Bend, Oregon. Both were tempting, but I settled for the F650 as being a more practical choice for me at this time and with the Rich's seat, Touratech Zegas and other nice farkles the price was totally right. IceBat v2.0 !!!!

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Hitoru » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm

svizzerams wrote:
Hitoru wrote:Have you guys seen these fools yet ?

Fools is right. Gives motorbike riders a bad name.

They remind me of the Irish horse culture; Ireland: Hungry ghetto ponies roam scruffy streets, wreaking havoc in the 'hood but brightening lives of poor youngsters.
So do they give horse riders a bad name ?
Motorcycle riders are always suspect.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby gnaruki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 pm

svizzerams wrote:

This is my new-to-me ride:

Nice. F650's are a blast to ride. My rental that day was an R1200GS, lot of bike. Had a few moments doing triple digit speeds without realizing till I glanced at the speedo.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:39 pm

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/oped/fi ... s-america/

The 5 Most Dangerous Motorcycles in America?

07/17/2014 @ 8:35 pm, by Jensen Beeler

Contrary to what the AMA or motorcycling gentry may believe, not all motorcycles are created equal. Due to a combination of marketing, riding styles, and environment, the following five types of motorcycles are the country’s most dangerous.

While the NHTSA doesn’t track motorcycle accidents and crashes based on the type of motorcycle being ridden (among other things), the cultural factors that surround motorcycle injuries and fatalities paint a stark picture, which we’ve shared with you here.

#1 Cruisers:

Over half of new motorcycle sales in the United States are cruisers, thanks mainly to the huge influence that Harley-Davidson has on the US motorcycle market. By sheer volume alone then, cruisers dominant motorcycle crashes, injuries, and fatalities.

Add into the mix motorcycle “fashion” leather, “the bitch fell off” t-shirts, and massive biker rallies where bikes and booze are mixed together like a good Jack & Coke, and you have a risky culture predisposed to incident. These are the same guys that cry about personal freedoms when it comes to wearing their skull-bucket helmets, and the results perhaps speak for themselves.

With Hollywood latching onto the one-percenter motif, it seems the proliferation of the classic “biker” stereotype has no end in sight. To be sure, this is how motorcyclists are portrayed on the big and small-screens — the single biggest interaction the motorcycle industry has with the public at large — which has a huge influence on the “cool” perception that draws riders to brands like Harley-Davidson, Indian, and Victory.

#2 Street Bikes:

Rice rockets, squids, organ donors….there are a variety of names for people who travel on city streets by two-wheels. To make matters worse, sport bikes are reaching over 200hp now, straight from the factory.

Add into the mix a demographic that is constantly treating city streets like their local race track, and it’s unsurprising that local police departments are always setting up motorcycle-only checkpoints, giving grief to riders for simple infractions, and viewing the motorcycle population as easy revenue-generation opportunities.

For their part, street riders have helped advance science’s understanding of the human brain, with their being no shortage of head injuries coming from riders whose talent was outweighed by their ambition on public roads.

A 1,000cc sport bike for your first motorcycle? You better finance that purchase son. T-shirt and sandals on the freeway? Feel the wind on your hair, you rebel. Lighting up a stretched chrome Hayabusa at a stoplight? Absofuckinglutely. Stunt Life 4evah boi??! OMGWTFBBQ!

#3 Adventure Tourers:

Motorcycles suited to both long highway stretches, as well as where the sidewalk ends, adventure-touring is the new fetish of the Baby Boomers who actually went to college.

Sipping their high-calorie caffeinated beverages, talking about being the 1% in a “winning at Wall Street” sort of way, and walking into low-hanging fixtures with their modular helmets constantly flipped-open, the ADV crowd is perhaps the most vulnerable motorcycling demographic to factors that exist outside actually riding a motorcycle.

Heaven help the 12 riders each year who actually take their 600 lbs two-wheeled sofas off-road. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has no statistics about adventure-touring fatalities, but our hearts go out to the families whose children will have to grow up only knowing their fathers by the trust funds they left behind.

The one small consolation we can give is the knowledge that while these men likely expired, trapped under the massive hulk of their machines, they did so looking fabulous in their OEM-branded four-season gear…and their hands were comfortably warm, while they grasped onto the handlebars in their final moments.

#4 MX/Enduro Motorcycles:

The dangers don’t stop just because the tarmac does. Off-road motorcycles bring their own unique challenges to their passengers, on top of the already existing dangers that come with two-wheeled locomotion. Traveling through single-track trails at velocities well outside what evolution prepared us for, dirt bikers undertake a gauntlet of obstacles, like nature’s booby traps of tree branches and rocks, which can snap bones like high school boys do bras.

For the psychopaths who intentionally loft their motorcycles off jumps, pretending like God intended man to leave terra firma, a new range of dangers exist. Let’s put it this way, any “sport” where you need to wear a device that keeps your neck from breaking in half should probably be outlawed, along with the greenhouse gas emitting two-stroke machine you rode in on.

That brings in a whole new host of environmental issues, which sees off-road riders emitting tons of pollutants each year and causing incalculable amounts of erosion to the public lands, which they treat like a personal playground.

It’s no surprise that off-road vehicles areas are constantly dwindling in number — America is likely one snowy plover away from a complete shutdown of the OHV system.

#5 Retro / Café Racers:

It seems that motorcyclists can’t troll the internet for five minutes without running into a hipster motorcycle video that features a garage-built café racer and french-press coffee pot. Fueled by struggling artists, who need only a friend’s couch, a dozen or so “participation” trophies from their youth, and a $40,000 RED camera rig, the cafe racer scene is alive and well in the United States.

In some ways, it’s a good thing. The renewed interest in the Honda CB350 has helped empty junkyards around the nation, designer-label flannel sales are through the roof, and Vimeo is finally a sustainable media site (not really).

The real danger comes though when these hapless “builders” actually try to ride the machines they’ve created on public roads. You can follow the yard sale of vintage motorcycle pieces from one dive bar to another.

Since riding any retro or café motorbike has become a de facto two-wheeled homage to Grizzly Adams, we haven’t seen people fear the beard this much since baseball’s 2010 World Series.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:48 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Don't be daft, Rickshaw won't actually buy a bike, he just wants to talk about it.

The Fonz of rickshawin is gettin a bike. It may take a couple of years as I have yet to get a car license much less a bike one. Plus I got a couple more trips to take. Make no mistake, me auld son, rickshaw ninety fuckin two is gettin a fuckin motorcycle.

Where's that fuckin motorcycle?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 am

Still workin on the license thing.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby nowonmai » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:24 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Still workin on the license thing.

Is it the turning up on time sober thing that gets in the way?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Time and money.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Douchebag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Anyone who doesn't ride an Harley shouldn't be trusted!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:44 am

Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Big Duke 6 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:02 am

Heritage Softail Classic here in the Morocco Gold paint scheme. I love it. It's a cruiser so not sure how many long road trips I'll be on, but it could do it....

This is what it looks like:

http://globalblender.com/gallery/motorc ... old-pearl/
In the case of a nuclear war I wanna be where I can say, "What the fuck was THAT!?"
- Jay Hickman
Big Duke 6
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!