Backpacks

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Backpacks

Postby nowonmai » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 pm

I go LoPro with this badboy

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby missiontripper » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:48 am

Just returned from a trip with a Grey Ghost Griff Pack. No issues. Nice comfortable pack. BUT, a new LL Bean Continental Rucksack just showed up in the mail! No zippers and a good amount of room. Will try on the next trip. Now if only RYP or DPX would come out with a backpack.....
missiontripper

Postby missiontripper » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 am

Took a Grey Ghost Gear Griff pack on the last OCONUS trip. It performed well. Just got an LL Bean Continental Rucksack. No zippers! Will try it next. Now only if RYP would make a DPX backpack...
missiontripper

Postby Bouncer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 am

Quick update:

Bag still performing well as my daily carry. No rips and the threading is holding up well, slight fraying, but not too surprising after all the times it's been slung around, thrown into cars, onto cargo pallets and aboard RHIBs. The external tie downs STILL like to catch on any exposed hatch, doorknob or other jutting protrusion. Still haven't cut it off, I must be a glutton for punishment.

Regards,
-Bouncer-
Carpe Cookius
Bouncer
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm really loving my 5.11 All Hazards Nitro, built like a brick shithouse and very comfortable. Been stuffed behind helicopter seats all up the West coast of Africa, my go-to carry-on all over the place, been hiking and bushwacking through South American and Caribbean jungle, and is great as a laptop bag for work. At first I thought there were too many pockets but I've got them sussed out now.

Here on a remote beach on Trinidad's North shore.

One more shot with way too much DPx stuff hanging off it.....

Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!