What's on your Christmas wish list?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

What's on your Christmas wish list?

Postby Hayduke » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:57 pm

Doesn't matter if you Need it or Want it, we've all got that one item that that we're lusting for. So here's a chance to talk about it- again!
Hayduke
BFCus Regularus

Postby mach1 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:52 pm

Of course you must mean other than your own
own personal island retreat getaway or
medeviel castle in east europe or scotland?

http://www.castles-for-sale.com

http://privateislandsonline.com

SomeBMW track training driver ed courseswould be nice.

check this out

http://iwantoneofthose.com/
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

gee dont ask for much do I?

Postby mach1 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:04 pm

BORDER CROSSING JACKET

from http://www.territoryahead.com/

Rip Stop Jungle Shirt
G Man Reeboks Santa Clause thank you very much

http://www.canadianclothing.ca

---

must have pants from here

http://inbluejeans.com/

or

http://www.gussetjeans.com/

--

ok, and a trip to Lesotho

--

whoops, wrong pic, wella guy can always wish but

thats 100 percent Marino wool

http://www.sfelt.ca

--

The High-Velocity Impact Test states that ". . . spectacles
shall be capable of resisting an impact from a 6.35 mm (0.25 in.) diameter steel ball traveling at a velocity of 45.7m/s (150 ft/s)."

http://www.classicgoggles.com/

--

End wish list here.

Merry Xmas. Earth to Mach....come in please..isn't she a little young -lol
mach1

Postby Moosehead » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:03 am

http://www.castles-for-sale.com/sale/St ... /index.htm

is it just me, or does that read 500,000 USD for a 9 hole golf course and a castle???

They type the number like 500,000-00 which is supposed to signify cents?

In any event, I obviously need to buy a castle and start my own religious cult.
Moosehead
BFCus Regularus

Postby mach1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:31 am

No doubt: a "catch' involved...

No taxes or transfer duty would be payable as ownership is vested in a close corporation.

--

Tax calculation pays a critical role in purchasing property

7/26/2004

Investing in property or simply buying a home is an exciting and often financially rewarding transaction

By Graham Norris Property Editor -

Investing in property or simply buying a home is an exciting and often financially rewarding transaction. But one of the not-so-exciting, but vitally important parts of any property purchase is the calculation and payment of one or more different kinds of tax. Without proper advice on which taxes are payable and how much, buyers could find their purchase to be a very unrewarding transaction that could also land them in hot water with the Receiver of Revenue. Since the beginning of 2001 South Africa has seen significant changes to the tax system.

These include the move to residence-based taxation, the introduction of capital gains tax, and changes to transfer duty and secondary tax on companies. Adam Bekker, a senior associate in the tax department at leading corporate law firm Sonnenberg Hoffmann Galombik, advises that further changes to the tax system are also likely and that before acquiring a property, one should have a good understanding of the tax consequences and costs of the acquisition, holding and disposal of that property.

"Property ownership potentially exposes one to a spectrum of taxes such as income tax, capital gains tax (CGT), secondary tax on companies (STC), donations tax, estate duty, transfer duty or value-added tax, stamp duties, municipal rates and, potentially, even regional services council levies (RSC levies) and skills development levies," said Bekker. "Which taxes you have to pay, how much and when, depend on the manner in which you deal with your property and, to a large extent, on the way in which you structure your property holding," he said.

"Whether transfer duty or VAT is payable on the acquisition of property, is determined by the identity of the seller of the property. If the seller is a vendor for VAT purposes, and the property forms part of that person's business enterprise, VAT will be levied on the purchase price. If not, transfer duty is payable. "In the buy-to-let scenario, the intention is that the property will yield a rental return over the period of ownership. The rental receipts will be subject to income tax at the rate applicable to the property owner," warned Bekker.

"If the property is held in your own name, your taxable income will be taxed at your marginal tax rate. If a company or CC holds the property, its taxable income will be taxed in the hands of that entity at a rate of 30%. If the property is held by a trust, the profit will be taxable in the hands of the trust at a rate of 40%, unless it is distributed to a beneficiary of the trust, in which case, the beneficiary will incur the liability to pay tax, at the rate applicable to that beneficiary. "Whether the proceeds on disposal of property are subject to income tax or CGT depends on your intention in acquiring and disposing of the property," said Bekker.

This is of course of relevance insofar as the effective rate of CGT is generally between 10% and 20%, whereas the effective rate of income tax is generally between 30% and 40%. According to Bekker, there are no fixed rules as to what constitutes receipts of a capital or revenue nature.

Where the intention in acquiring and selling the property is one of speculation or profit making, the proceeds will typically be of a revenue nature and be subject to income tax. Where the intention is one of long-term investment and capital appreciation, the proceeds will ordinarily be of a capital nature and be subject to CGT. "Individuals are subject to CGT at a maximum effective rate of 10%, depending on the marginal rate of income tax applicable to them, and they are also entitled to an annual exclusion from CGT in respect of the first R10 000 of capital gains.

Furthermore, in terms of the primary residence exclusion, the first R1 million of growth above base cost of the primary residence of an individual will not be subject to CGT," he said.

This article was originally published on page 6 of The Cape Argus on July 11, 2004

--

2010 a developers dream
http://www.sapoaonline.co.za/news/artic ... ticle=4772
mach1

Postby lowcrawl » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:17 pm

A fanny pack.
"Zidele amathambo." Give yourself up, bones as well. (i.e. take a chance!) - South African Ndebele saying
lowcrawl
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:52 pm

A Viewsonic 19-inch CRT monitor.
I'm getting a little achey using a monitor I haven't touched since '96, that doesn't go past 800x600.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby svizzerams » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:04 pm

and

and

If I found all this under my tree (it would be pretty crowded) and I'd be the happiest girl on the planet :-)
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:38 pm

What I want doesn't exist.

32 bit Atmel RISC processor attached to a 3" 5" board with 2 ethernet ports, 4 to 16MB of RAM and maybe 10MB Disk on Chip.

It would be cheap to mass produce, but I gotta desing my own and pay a shitload for it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Stiv » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:17 pm

Peace, love and understanding, what's so funny about that?

Best,
Stiv
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:30 pm

I will be in a rather Christian couttry for X mass and I just hope to find a bar thats open!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Lotus7Productions » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:13 pm

I want a GPS unit. Probably Magellan Sportrak Color or Pro. Anyone have any reasons why I should get a Garmin? Whats better for international?
Lotus7Productions
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:06 am

shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:00 am

Texas Carnie Roadshow wrote:A Viewsonic 19-inch CRT monitor.
I'm getting a little achey using a monitor I haven't touched since '96, that doesn't go past 800x600.

Hate to tell you this but at work we got a 21" Viewsonic CRT that we have had since 1999 that has never been out of its box.

Shame I can't sell it to you without getting fired and arrested.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:57 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:I will be in a rather Christian couttry for X mass and I just hope to find a bar thats open!
No worries, rickshaw92, X-mass Eve is always a big but sad night in the local bars here: all the lonely people drinking away their lonelyness. Last time i checked, we were a rather Christian country too...

Christmas day is a bit different but still: at the time when all the happy people are having their family meals, there's bound to be some desperate boozing to be done.
X-mass markets: beware of the gluhwine, that stuff makes you sick instead of drunk. Have a submarine instead: pilsner with a shot glass in it.

Can't speak for other European countries though. Finding an open resto in Spain on New Year's eve can take a while.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!