How does this camera look?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

How does this camera look?

Postby nick » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:05 pm

nick
Baron Samedi

Postby svizzerams » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:13 pm

That Panasonic is an awesome camera (RYP recently posted he liked the Lumix Panasonics) - esp. with the image stablization feature. The other camera I like in this class is the Canon Sure Shot SI IS - but it is only 3.2 megapixels and the panasonic has the better lens to boot. The Lumix is bigger and bulkier (but hey nothing like lugging a full SLR like my Canon EOS). Having a second (or third) battery pack would be useful. I have two extras for my EOS gear and I've been grateful more than once that I'd had that spare on me when traveling.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

panasonics

Postby RAH » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:18 pm

About 18 months ago I was in SHikoku Japan and met 2 Leica engineers who were working with Panasonic to help develop the lens. Basically Leica sells its naem and helps out wth the software and whatnot. They did say that LEica wanted more natural colors but Panasonics engineers were favoring saturated ones, and that was what went in the first Lumix models though Leica folks thought they would have more input as time went on. The Leica lads did say one shouldnt get too tied up thinking about megapixels. Dynamic range of the lens was as important and perhaps more so once yougot beyind a certain number of megapixels. And they said the lens glass should be big (as in wide) tiny lenses and higher megapicels numbers didnt work so well they thought. Anyway I am still not in digital, unless you count the slide scanner.

RAH
RAH
BFCus Regularus

Postby nick » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:24 am

Thanks.

I'm not sure which one I should get. The Lumix seems good for some 'stealth' mode stuff.

I haven't heard much about the DMC-FZ20, but it seems pretty good. Anyone have any experience with it?
nick
Baron Samedi

Postby Romeo247 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:58 pm

check here for prices.... best i have found... crutchfield is seriously marked wwwaaaaayyyyy up

http://www.digitallydiscovered.com/
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!